Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 07:38 AM   #1331

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post

I think that you will love the Palazzo. I have had mine for over a year now and don't regret the purchase one bit. For what you pay it is a very good value. I have the exterior TV which I don't use that often so I probably wouldn't get one unless you intend to use it. Depending on your family needs - kids; grandkids, etc. you might want the optional overhead bed. Our dinette makes into a bed but it isn't for normal sized adults. The couch does fine with the air mattress for adults. We don't have a washer/dryer as the DW prefers to wash and dry in the campground facilities where she can use more than one washer and/or dryer at a time.

As far as your Wrangler is concerned. It is only towable 4 down IF it is a 4WD.
Love our Palazzo.......
I do tow a Jeep. Don't even know its back there.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2013, 07:47 AM   #1332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlh8022 View Post
Hi all,

Just started looking at Motor homes and I really like what i see in the Palazzo
I would like to hear from you the owners on your thoughts, are you happy, do you feel you got good value for your dollar, things to avoid things you feel were necessity, what should I pay, dealers you would recommend. also I have a jeep wrangler i want to flat tow, any thoughts on that would help.

thank you
Joe & Brenda
Had our palazzo 33.2 for a year in October have 20,000 miles on it and for sure love it. We have the overhead bed. Don't use it and probably would not get that again. We have the washer & dryer. Use them all the time and absolutely love them. At times wash a load going down the road. We have the outside TV. Don't use it much but would get that again. Have had some warranty issues that Thor fix and made us happy. I would recommend the Palazzo to anyone. Purchased ours at Total Value RV in Elkhart Ind.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #1333

Quote:
Hi all,

I would like to hear from you the owners on your thoughts, are you happy, do you feel you got good value for your dollar, things to avoid things you feel were necessity, what should I pay, dealers you would recommend. also I have a jeep wrangler i want to flat tow, any thoughts on that would help.

thank you
Joe & Brenda
We purchased our Palazzo 33.1 30 June 2012 and we currently have 12,489 miles and we tow a Honda CR-V on a dolly. We love our Palazzo!!!

We originally selected the dolly for our TOAD because we have two FWD cars and the other one could not be towed 4 wheels down and if it could I didn't want to buy two base plates. We have decided to only tow the CR-V therefore we have purchased a flat tow setup. We loved the dolly but it can be a PITA if you can't find a pull through site which as happened all too often this year.

We do not have the W/D and we do not think we want one, campground or commercial laundry works for us.

We do not have the overhead bunk and it could come in handy when we have some of our 7 Grandkids with us but otherwise I could do without. If it came with the overhead bunk, OK but I would not order it as an option.

We do have the outside TV but we do not use it all that often but when we do for the Grandkids or some of my guys golf weekends it is nice!

Our fuel mileage ranges between 10.8 to 11.2 MPG (towing) however I have gotten as high as 11.7 MPG (towing). I generally drive <65 MPH (1500-1800 RPM) and I do use the econ mode when I think about it but I am not too sure it saves me anything...difficult to measure.

We are very pleased with our Palazzo and we think that it is a good value. We have had a few minor warranty issues which Thor and Freightliner corrected to our satisfaction.

We get our annual service at Freightliner's Gaffney, SC facility and I highly recommend getting your service there if it fits into your travel schedule.

We purchased our Palazzo from Camping World in Indianapolis and I am satisfied with the deal we received. I have read from several others that Total RV in Elkhart, IN is a good place to deal with but I have no first hand knowledge.

Good luck with your search and if you decide on the Palazzo we look forward to hearing about your experiences.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #1334

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
this is with the fan and vent on bottom... the temp switch is on the fan harness above the fan...
Suggest we compare notes at the TDC rally. Seems we have different fixes for this.
Maybe there will be a Thor rep there.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #1335

Quote:
Hi all,

thank you
Joe & Brenda
We've had many RV's over the years -- that said - can tell you what we like about the Palazzo thus far --
1. Diesel engine with quietness, power and braking - much better than gas
2. Residential Refrigerator
3. Mattress - very good
4. Flooring - easy for maintenance - no carpet to cover and worry about getting dirty.
5. Dinette - very comfortable
6. Lots of seating with Euro Chair, sofa, dinette, and two front chairs that swivel.
7. Good counter space in galley
8. Mileage
9. We do not have w/d and did not want that feature -
10. We have the outside TV and it is nice to have.
11. We like the bathroom configuration on the 33.1 - swing the door and it encloses the entire bathroom and bedroom area.

Hope that helps!
Old 08-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #1336

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Hi all,

thank you
Joe & Brenda
We are very happy with our Palazzo after 7000 miles on it and not enough trips!

Unlike some people who insist on tile floors, granite countertops, and other luxury features, I want to get the most bang for my buck with what I really need. in my case there are only two of us and a small dog so a smaller unit is perfect. My "mission requirement" is to take lots of trips which means a lot of driving, so I need the comfort of air suspension and the quiet combined with power of a diesel pusher. I don't need 500 HP and 4 slides or any full wall slides. I also need reliability and warranty to assure minimal disruption to my safety, travel plans, and life. And I really really need to stay within my financial limits.

The Palazzo 33.1 is perfect combination for me. If I win the lottery I may go for a Prevost or Newell but until then, I'm satisfied with a NEW DP with very nice features, comfortable ride, and enough room to enjoy ourselves wherever we go.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #1337

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post

We are very happy with our Palazzo after 7000 miles on it and not enough trips!

Unlike some people who insist on tile floors, granite countertops, and other luxury features, I want to get the most bang for my buck with what I really need. in my case there are only two of us and a small dog so a smaller unit is perfect. My "mission requirement" is to take lots of trips which means a lot of driving, so I need the comfort of air suspension and the quiet combined with power of a diesel pusher. I don't need 500 HP and 4 slides or any full wall slides. I also need reliability and warranty to assure minimal disruption to my safety, travel plans, and life. And I really really need to stay within my financial limits.

The Palazzo 33.1 is perfect combination for me. If I win the lottery I may go for a Prevost or Newell but until then, I'm satisfied with a NEW DP with very nice features, comfortable ride, and enough room to enjoy ourselves wherever we go.
With you. You covered all for us !!!!!
Old 08-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #1338

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I know I saw a post on what I am about to ask but can't find it now, has any one had a small water leak around the water tank? I just noticed water dripping from the compartment that holds the water tank and water pump, will have time to look into it more tomorrow in the daylight, turned off wAter pump and it seamed to have slowed down possibly stop. Will be looking at the water pump/ lines first, but wanted to know if any one else has had any issues in that area. My palazzo is a 2013, 33.3
Old 08-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbooth25 View Post
I know I saw a post on what I am about to ask but can't find it now, has any one had a small water leak around the water tank? I just noticed water dripping from the compartment that holds the water tank and water pump, will have time to look into it more tomorrow in the daylight, turned off wAter pump and it seamed to have slowed down possibly stop. Will be looking at the water pump/ lines first, but wanted to know if any one else has had any issues in that area. My palazzo is a 2013, 33.3
Early on on my 33.2. 2013. I had a leak in the water compartment. Mine was my water pump. I can't remember but I took the pump part and a piece inside the pump had a crack in it. my dealer had Thor send me a new water pump & I sent the old one back. New one only $50 anyway. Mine would only leak when the pump was running.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #1340

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Ok will look into that, last Monday was its last day for warranty. Go figure
Old 08-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #1341

Quote:
Ok will look into that, last Monday was its last day for warranty. Go figure
It's been several months but it was a small piece (clear plastic) inside the pump. Four screws hold the pump together & it comes out of the bay pretty easy. My bet is Thor will take care of it. CW has new ones on the shelf if U deal with them
Old 08-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #1342

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Just something to consider before you take anything apart. When I was rinsing out the dump pipe area (driver's side opposite the water pump on my 2013 33.2 - the so called camper's corner) The unit was tilted towards the water pump side and indeed I had some water drip from the water pump compartment. I think that all the "water bay" is "u" shaped and sealed at the sides, so it is possible that water on the floor of the compartment could show up on either side.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:53 AM   #1343

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well looked in the water compartment and its dry, went to the other side and removed the panel and looked in and water is dripping out of the water pump, will be fixing that later this week, in the process of draining the tank, thank god this happened at home
Old 08-28-2013, 07:02 AM   #1344

Quote:
Well looked in the water compartment and its dry, went to the other side and removed the panel and looked in and water is dripping out of the water pump, will be fixing that later this week, in the process of draining the tank, thank god this happened at home
Ya I just left that black panel off. If you take the pump apart I think you will find a crack in a piece in there. It will be hard to detect. I just can't remember exactly what it looked like.
Closed Thread