Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #505

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldAero View Post

I've got a 33.2 2013 built this feb and had the exact same sequence of events. The fan has not been on again after we've stopped. It has been a good deal cooler in va. since however. There appears to be a thermistor connected to the same harness that feeds power to the fan, which I would take to be its thermostatically controlled on/off switch. It basically is just hanging from the cable were it leaves the plastic cable guard. I'm wondering if it failed "on" then died. If I don't see it run with warmer weather I'll warm it with a hair dryer and see if I can verify it is still functional. It looks like the fan is meant to exhaust the compartment to aid in keeping the inverter cool. Wether it is switched independently from the inverter internal fan is not clear to me.
Just a follow up. We did get to warmer weather and indeed the fan is running, ESP when inverting or charging. On shore power it does shut down. So it appears that it is working and that it can indeed run for what seems like a long time when the inverter/charger has been used.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #506

We are looking at a new Thor Palazzo motorhome...This will be our first MH and reading this forum has been a great help to us…We for sure want a DP and the Palazzo is in our price range…can't wait to join in on the fun...
Old 05-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #507

For the price you cannot beat it.

We love our coach!!!
Old 05-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #508

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post

Jerry,

The Thor (coach) warranty is 1 year from purchase date and I purchased my coach on 30 June 2012 that is why I am doing my warranty visit now. I could of had some of these items fixed at my dealer (authorized warranty dealer) but Thor is only 5 1/2 hours from my home and I prefer to have Thor do the work.

Maybe you could talk to Thor about the fan and if they agree it was missed they could send it to an authorized dealer near your home for installation?

Take care my friend!
Jack
Great I will try that.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #509

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa-DiDi View Post
We are looking at a new Thor Palazzo motorhome...This will be our first MH and reading this forum has been a great help to us…We for sure want a DP and the Palazzo is in our price range…can't wait to join in on the fun...
The palazzo is are first MH and love it. I would recommend it all day long. We are new to the MH community and this forum. Learning a ton
We got the 33.3 I have two young kids 3 1/2 and 1 so the bunk bed will help on the road. Let us know if you have any questions..
Old 05-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #510

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Tom,

No explanation as to why Thor manufacturing missed installing the cooling fan. Tim just scrugged his shoulders and offered his apologies.

Thanks to this Palazzo thread I knew to look for a fan or a hole. I gave Thor the option to place a screen over the hole to keep mice, etc. out or install a fan like some other Palazzos, Tim installed the fan.

I have noticed that things are not placed in the same location on the same model Palazzos. During the Thor Diesel Club rally I had the same model coach next to me and I notices several items to be different such as the wet bay valves and hook ups, placement of the turn signal cameras, and engine block heater switch. If the build standard is not clearly defined then things like a cooling fan can be missed during assembly...just my opinion.

Thanks!
Jack
Glad everything is going well.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:08 AM   #511

Quote:
Just finished day 1 of our warranty service visit and will continue tomorrow. Very pleased with Thor's service team (Tim) attention to detail!

Others have mentioned a cooling fan in the inverter bay, mine was missing, I had a hole but no fan. Tim installed a thermostatically controlled fan so now I do not need to worry about a heat issue in that compartment.

More to follow
We finished day 2 and they have fixed or inspected many items that I knew about and more that I did not know about, found during their PDI checklist. My topper on the large slide collects water when it rains and I requested to have it tightened up so the rain would run off. They were unable to fix it so they ordered me a new topper, due in Friday, so we will be here the rest of the week. We are OK with this, we are here and I want everything to be right before we head home.

We could not be more happy with our decision to come to Thor for these warranty repairs! Tim and his team has done a super job and he is a credit to Thor!
Old 05-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #512

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieD View Post
For the price you cannot beat it.

We love our coach!!!
StevieD,

Steve from Thor came out to our coach and said hello from you...thanks for send your well wishes!

Jack
Old 05-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #513

Thanks, Steve is the best. Maybe we cancer up some time. We will be in Ohio at evergreen the last week of July.

We love Pur coach !!!
Old 05-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #514

I agree, we are very happy with our 33.3. Lots to learn, we have a 6 and 9 rear old boys and we cant wait to hit the road.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #515

Maybe I need to hit spell check some day
Old 05-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #516

Quote:
StevieD,

Steve from Thor came out to our coach and said hello from you...thanks for send your well wishes!

Jack
We may try to stay at FMCA in the Cincinnati the night of Sunday August 4th. If you guys were going to be at home, maybe you could come over to the coach and visit. It would be a blessing to Connie and I.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #517

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieD View Post
We may try to stay at FMCA in the Cincinnati the night of Sunday August 4th. If you guys were going to be at home, maybe you could come over to the coach and visit. It would be a blessing to Connie and I.
Steve:

We just checked our calendar and it looks like we will be in town (home) on the 4th. I will send you a PM with my cell number so you can call once you get in and settled.

Looking forward to meeting the both of you!

Jack & Karen
Old 05-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #518

That would be great. I am not sure how to do a private message or I would have given you all my info.
Closed Thread