Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 05:20 AM   #519

Ridinbear, new member, will be picking up 2013 33.3 Palazzo in a few days. Enjoying forum so far and have gained a wealth of knowledge.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2013, 05:34 AM   #520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridinbear View Post
Ridinbear, new member, will be picking up 2013 33.3 Palazzo in a few days. Enjoying forum so far and have gained a wealth of knowledge.
Welcome to iRV2 and to the Palazzo family! Looking forward to reading about your experience with your new coach.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:35 AM   #521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridinbear View Post
Congratulations & welcome to the forum! Looking forward to hearing all about your new coach ...

Norb

2005 Honda Pilot toad
Old 05-23-2013, 06:47 AM   #522

Would it be possible to move the TV from above the dinette to the wall of the bathroom....with a mount that would angle a bit back towards the dinette?

Or would that be a major job with accessing/rewiring cables in the ceiling..
Old 05-23-2013, 07:40 AM   #523

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvik View Post
Would it be possible to move the TV from above the dinette to the wall of the bathroom....with a mount that would angle a bit back towards the dinette?

I would think that the wiring would be the big issue and unless you understood how it was routed and how the wall/ceiling was put together you could have a mess on your hands but anything is possible
Old 05-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #524

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvik View Post

Actually, all the existing wiring for the TVs originates from the entertainment cabinet above that location (at least it does on the 33.2 floor plan). If this applies to you, leaving the existing wiring alone and running new wiring to the cabinet above would be fairly easy. All the entertainment electronics associated wiring is routed down and under - none in the ceiling. A rather large harness of wires is routed from the cabinet above into the bathroom wall, accessible from removable panels under the sink and in the back wall of the medicine cabinet.

Norb

2005 Honda Pilot toad
Old 05-24-2013, 05:19 AM   #525

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
We finished day 2 and they have fixed or inspected many items that I knew about and more that I did not know about, found during their PDI checklist. My topper on the large slide collects water when it rains and I requested to have it tightened up so the rain would run off. They were unable to fix it so they ordered me a new topper, due in Friday, so we will be here the rest of the week. We are OK with this, we are here and I want everything to be right before we head home.

We could not be more happy with our decision to come to Thor for these warranty repairs! Tim and his team has done a super job and he is a credit to Thor!
Well we are done and back home Thor was able to have a replacement topper (large slide) overnighted and they installed it yesterday morning, finishing about noon. It is only a 6 hour drive so we decided to pack up and head home, with rain and high winds all the way

As I have stated before, we can't be more pleased with how we were treated at Thor and their entire service department. Or service tech, Tim, was, in a word, Outstanding! I plan on writing a letter to Thor to let them know but I am sure they already know about Tim

If I have any other problems, warranty or otherwise, I will not hesitate to return to Thor.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:28 AM   #526

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Well we are done and back home Thor was able to have a replacement topper (large slide) overnighted and they installed it yesterday morning, finishing about noon. It is only a 6 hour drive so we decided to pack up and head home, with rain and high winds all the way

As I have stated before, we can't be more pleased with how we were treated at Thor and their entire service department. Or service tech, Tim, was, in a word, Outstanding! I plan on writing a letter to Thor to let them know but I am sure they already know about Tim

If I have any other problems, warranty or otherwise, I will not hesitate to return to Thor.
Jack,

Do they do service work on the coach after the warranty is over?

Thanks,
Gary
Old 05-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #527

Will be trading our coach for a 2013 Palazzo 33.1 - trade should be happening in about 10 days or so !! Our dealer is getting it from another dealer and doing the list of items found on the PDI. Add us to the list of proud Palazzo owners !
Old 05-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #528

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
Jack,

Do they do service work on the coach after the warranty is over?

Thanks,
Gary
Gary,

Yes, they work on coaches out of warranty. In fact there was an older Windsport gasser parked next to me getting some work done and he stayed a couple of extra days at Thor (free) so he could attend a Charlie Daniels concert in a nearby town.

Jack
Old 05-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #529

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Fun View Post
Will be trading our coach for a 2013 Palazzo 33.1 - trade should be happening in about 10 days or so !! Our dealer is getting it from another dealer and doing the list of items found on the PDI. Add us to the list of proud Palazzo owners !
Congratulations and welcome to ourmPalazzo family! Looking forward to hearing about your experiences.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:31 AM   #530

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LT View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the Palazzo family!

Old 05-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #531

Love this rig

Hello Fellow Palazzozians, I’ve been Busy! I picked up the Palazzo as I mentioned earlier, in NY on May 17th and made it to Colorado in 3 Days including one 808 mi day! LOVE THIS RIG! The Following Friday we did our shake down Run to Tucson for a week’s stay at my Nephews HS. Graduation. Once again I was plagued by high winds in the Desert along the I-10 between Hatch, NM and Tucson, AZ. We stayed for a Week in the Beautiful Catalina State park nr. Oro Valley AZ, and then made our way back to Colorado Springs through Flagstaff and Durango. This includes the 10857 Wolf Creek Pass (7-8% Grade on either side!) between Pagosa Springs and South Fork Colorado. We smoked the Gassers on the way up with nearly no effort. Maintained an easy 40-45 mph in 4th gear towing a Jeep Liberty. LOVE THIS RIG! She’s done 3600 miles in the first 3 weeks and we are looking at another 900 next week for a wedding in Nebraska.
SO: Questions.
1. Do any of you have recommendations with the Wind issue? It can be rather nasty. I’m wondering if the Tire pressure can be modified or if I need to put a Stabilizer on to help with wind shear? Perhaps better weight distribution?
2. Did any of you (in particular the 2014 33.3 owners) get a Jack Knife sofa instead of a “side Sleeper” installed by the factory? I am not real happy about this as it will not fold flat and therefore is next to useless as a sleeping arrangement.
3. On the Overhead Bunk. Has anyone modified this to allow for a mattress of more than 1 inch to be stored up there while driving? I have a 2.5 in memory foam pad which works for me but I cannot get the bunk to squish it enough to allow me to put the pins in to secure the bunk for driving. I would like to modify the bracket on the guide rails (the one with 2 little holes in it for the pins) to allow for a deeper mattress to be installed and secured while driving. Any comments?
4. H2O leak. There is water dripping out of the rig under the water heater section of the drivers side rear. I think there must be a loose connection here. Does anyone know what is hidden under the cover underneath the water heater – is it the water pump?
PS> LOVE THIS RIG!
Old 05-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #532

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a 2013 33.3 and love it, as far as the wind I haven't had a real issue with it but I do like to travel with my water tank full and I also try to get the weight even through out the coach, I have the sleeper sofa but we don't use it so I have no clue about issues with sleeping, I also took the mattresses off the bunks and stitched them together side by side and have then on the overhead bunk, I made a safety chain I guess you can say to replace the pins, I have a small hook on either side of the chain and that hooks into the holes the manufacturer installed in the Frame work for the bunk, also I too had a water leak at my hot water heater, I ended up crawling under the coach and removing the panel on the back of the cabinet for the heater and found that the fittings to the heater just needed tighten up, tighten the fittings and haven't had a issue since, and the water pump in in the cabinet on the passenger side under the bathroom , to access it you must take the wall of the cabinet out and you will see it on the floor on the left side of the cabinet very easy to get to. I have 5000 miles on ours and haven't had any issues that I couldn't deal with. We love our unit and have many trips planed. We tow a 2012 jeep wrangler behind ours. Well hope this helps if any other questions just ask
Closed Thread