Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 08:45 AM   #547

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
Norb,

You may need to check with Freightliner about the alternator.

Gary
Agree with Gary. Doesn't sound right. My gage does move during start up (until there's no draw) but does not hang up at all.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #548

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoguy1313 View Post
Every time I start the engine on the coach, there's a 30-second delay between start and when the alternator kicks in to show charging on the dash voltmeter. I can also observe this behavior with the displayed voltage on the Magnum control panel.

Does any one else experience this with their Palazzo?

Thanks,
Norb
I experience the same thing.The gauge fluctuates between 10 and 13 for about a minute before it stays at 13+. I had the same thing on the Berkshire that we traded in for the Palazzo. The Palazzo has been that way from day one. I haven't had any problems,everything works okay.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #549

Fuel Gage Drops to Zero

I had a problem the other day whereas the fuel gage would drop to zero, set off the low fuel alarm and warning on the dash. The gage would recover and read normal after some time, 5 minutes, 1 hour, smooth/bumpy roads and then some time later it would do it all over again.

I took it to my local authorized Freightliner repair shop and they found a connector underneath the coach that was tied off too tightly, not allowing it to flex, and over time the connector pulled loose. The cable was repositioned and secured to allow the cable to flex while underway.

Repaired under warranty
Old 05-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #550

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
I had a problem the other day whereas the fuel gage would drop to zero, set off the low fuel alarm and warning on the dash. The gage would recover and read normal after some time, 5 minutes, 1 hour, smooth/bumpy roads and then some time later it would do it all over again.

I took it to my local authorized Freightliner repair shop and they found a connector underneath the coach that was tied off too tightly, not allowing it to flex, and over time the connector pulled loose. The cable was repositioned and secured to allow the cable to flex while underway.

Repaired under warranty
Old 05-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandee01 View Post
Palazzo 33.1 owners
Has anyone installed a satellite dome on their coach via DIY. Understand a cable is installed somewhere in the roof but not sure where. How is the dish attached to the roof structure.
Thanks for any comments.
The coach is pre-wired for satellite and it should not be much more that a 1/2 day job max. to install but I encountered some gotcha's. Here is my story.
I ordered and installed a Winengard Roadtrip MinMax after confirming on the roof of my coach that it was pre-wired. On my 33.2 there was what looks like a waste water tank breather pipe sticking up in front of the front AC. Take off the cap and a sticker inside becomes visible that states that the satellite ready wire can be located by drilling a 1.5in. hole about 3/4 in down. So I went ahead and fastened the dome to the roof with 4 brackets and sealing the screws with Dicor. Next came drilling the hole and finding the wire. Well, I could not find the wire 3/4in., nor 3in. down so I called the factory. They checked into it and came back telling me that they did not install the pre-wiring on my coach (remember, this after I already install the dome). I was pretty unhappy! I made a appointment to go by the factory to on my way home from California to have them install the wiring installed under warranty-- which they did. The tech told me that they did find the wire but not in the place were it was marked as the termination point on the roof.
In addition, while the documentation states that the coach is pre-wired for Winegard, they ONLY pre-wire that coax, no power or control wire. My Winegard RoadTrip MinMax needed the power/control wire so the factory wired that in for me while they were at it. So if you attempt the install make sure to get the right antenna.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #552
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa-DiDi View Post
We are looking at a new Thor Palazzo motorhome...This will be our first MH and reading this forum has been a great help to us…We for sure want a DP and the Palazzo is in our price range…can't wait to join in on the fun...
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 06-03-2013, 05:07 AM   #553

Palazzo 33.3 at home

Officially picked our Palazzo 33.3 2013 May 28th. Drove it home and getting settled in. Thanks for all the information on this MH.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:13 AM   #554

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridinbear View Post
Officially picked our Palazzo 33.3 2013 May 28th. Drove it home and getting settled in. Thanks for all the information on this MH.
Congratulations and Welcome to the Palazzo family!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:34 AM   #555

yes, welcome to the 33.3 club...enjoy!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #556

i am mean1255 and just purchased a 33.2. Could you please add me to the list. This is my first MotorHome as we had always "tent camped" before buying the Palazzo. We really like the floor plan of the 33.2 and as we will be pulling a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited need the extra power this diesel provides. Our first trip is very soon and will last about 10 days. Happy and Safe Travels!!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean1255 View Post
i am mean1255 and just purchased a 33.2. Could you please add me to the list. This is my first MotorHome as we had always "tent camped" before buying the Palazzo. We really like the floor plan of the 33.2 and as we will be pulling a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited need the extra power this diesel provides. Our first trip is very soon and will last about 10 days. Happy and Safe Travels!!
Welcome to the Palazzo family! Looking forward to reading about your experiences...
Old 06-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #558

We are new to the RV game and looking at a DP for full time in 3 mo stretches twice a year. Looking at the 33.2 and just wondering what factors folks consider in deciding between the 33.1 or 33.2.

In our case, we liked the shower layout and the opposing couch and dinette on the 33.2. What features were most influential in your decision between these two models?

It's just the two of us starting off on retirement and we will not have family with us very often.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #559

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean1255 View Post
Welcome aboard...........
Where you from?
Old 06-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #560

Welcome Mean1255! Enjoy your new rig
Closed Thread