Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #967

Factory tour

Did the diesel factory tour this week. A little over an hour, nobody working except the crews cleaning and fixing coaches almost ready for delivery.

Nice enthused tour guide. Tour is good but in my opinion, not worth big trip to take tour. You will not learn much that will help you when you get your coach.

As someone said, you can take the tour when you are there for warranty work!

FYI, I have toured newmar, tiffin, entegra , and now thor diesel all in last 18 months.

Other tours were with people working--and you can get a good feel for assembly quality by observing actual coach building.

I am sure you will like your new coach.

Tom Volk
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #968

Evergreen Owners Club
Staying the night at lazydays with new 33.3. So far every thing is good a few small things but nothing major. There installing inmotin sat, tv some max air vent and fixing a few small things . Cant wait to start driving i will have around a 4 hour ride home so that should give some driving skill for a first timer on cell phone now so i will post more when i get home
Old 08-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #969

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Ok just went down to the barn & check the RV for power to the block heater. The block heater has a 15 A breaker just for itself. Can't believe I was using duct tape & didn't think of this earlier. Ha
I can't believe that I have had the engine block heater on since we have purchased our rig over a year ago. Never used the heater and the red light has been on the entire time.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #970

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post

I can't believe that I have had the engine block heater on since we have purchased our rig over a year ago. Never used the heater and the red light has been on the entire time.
Sounds like u have been using it. Ha. Just a poor place for switch. Can't see it when covered with bed blankets. Couldn't see it even if there were no bed clothes. Another case were the builder (engineer ) don't use them.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:40 AM   #971

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
I assume that yours is in the same place as mine, above the return air vent in the bed room? We can see ours but it appears that some other models are hidden from view. Leaving it on is no big deal!
Old 08-03-2013, 06:18 AM   #972

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post

I assume that yours is in the same place as mine, above the return air vent in the bed room? We can see ours but it appears that some other models are hidden from view. Leaving it on is no big deal!
So is the block heater switch on the 33.1 up on the wall where it can be viewed? On my 33.2 it's on the side of the bed and hid completely when the slide is in. To see it you would have to crawl over the bed or stand on your head.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:33 AM   #973

Quote:
It is the engine block engine heater switch. When the red light on switch is on block heater is on. Crazy place for it too. Put the bed spread on or just rub the bed & switch is on. I put a piece of Duct tape over mine to make sure it stays off!!!
There is a breaker for the engine block heater. I just turned the breaker off on a previous similar MH. This was after finding it inadvertently turned on.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
Old 08-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #974

Quote:
So is the block heater switch on the 33.1 up on the wall where it can be viewed? On my 33.2 it's on the side of the bed and hid completely when the slide is in. To see it you would have to crawl over the bed or stand on your head.
Yes, it is plain sight on the back wall of the room where the sink and toilet is located. There is a large (approx. 14"x14") return air vent on the same wall and the switch is mounted just above this vent.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #975

Quote:

Ok just went down to the barn & check the RV for power to the block heater. The block heater has a 15 A breaker just for itself. Can't believe I was using duct tape & didn't think of this earlier. Ha
Ok Thanks for the info on bed switch. Bad switch placement. On 33.3 it is also crazy to have the battery disconnect switch next to awning/step switch and opposite the bunks with slide switch next to 2 light switches. Guess what grand kids do or myself in middle of the night.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #976

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome to John and family that I met in the Target parking lot.

Hi John, Nice to meet you all on your first (week one) trip to the beach. Sure do hope that all is going well and that you're enjoying your new 2014 33.3 Palazzo.
This is a great owners network and if you encounter any problems or questions put them on this forum and I'm sure they'll be answered.

Drive safely with your beautiful family.

Bill & Dot
Old 08-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #977

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Battery Watering System

Anyone installed a battery watering system on their Palazzo?
Looking for info on model, etc.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #978

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
Anyone installed a battery watering system on their Palazzo?
Looking for info on model, etc.
Tom,

I installed one a couple of months ago and it works great! Check Flow Rite at Flow-Rite.com

I service my batteries once a month to keep them up to the correct level. The system has automatic level control so you can't over fill.

Thanks!
Jack
Old 08-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #979

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Tom,

I installed one a couple of months ago and it works great! Check Flow Rite at Flow-Rite.com

I service my batteries once a month to keep them up to the correct level. The system has automatic level control so you can't over fill.

Thanks!
Jack
Jack;
I saw your previous post of the system. Did you use the RV-2000? Guess you need two of them for the 4 batteries plus the RV-2020 (pump).
Old 08-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #980

+1 on flow rite... Easy 15min install. Don't forget to buy a manual hand pump... Works great!

I called them up and they walked me through what I needed... They also gave me a huge discount... Since it was direct from the manufacturer... Don't know if the special is still going on.

In Maine right now... Lovin our 33.3!

https://www.flow-rite.com/battery-wa...pro-fill-valve
Closed Thread