Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #1681

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
If you let the coach run for 30 seconds or so that light should go out. This is a safety factor built in by Freightliner I think
X2...this is normal.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #1682

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lewis View Post
Gingerela writes: The Fleetwood sales folks speak very poorly of the Palazzo in an attempt to promote their Excursions. I couldn't help but notice the extremely dark colored interiors of all the Excursions on the lot. Each and every one had a black interior, from the furniture to the walls. Not sure what that's all about, but it was not at all attractive. The finish wasn't all that either. I wasn't impressed, but then again, maybe there is something beneath the build that I'm not aware of that makes it all that and a bag of chips. What do I know.

A nice write up on your Hershey RV show trip. I have seen two 2014 Fleetwood Excursions...a 33D and a 35B. Both had the black interior but there are three interior color options on the Fleetwood web site. I liked the black but the wife did not...the 35B is on the longer wheel base, 242" I think. As said before, we really liked the Palazzo 33.1 and was surprised when it was discontinued...while there is just the wife and I, with the optional overhead bed, it could sleep a number of folks...the slide problems bug me...as mentioned, it seems the 33.1 has fewer problems than the models with longer slides. I also was surprised when it took Thor a long time to change out the hardware to possibly cure the problem. I know all RVs have their problems....again, a good write up.

We looked at the Fleetwood Excursion models and our biggest dislike was the bed! It stood probably 2 foot higher than the bed in the Palazzo. I had to put my foot on the wall and push myself up into the bed! And on the other side of the bed in the Excursion there wasn't even enough room to turn around. We are happy with our Palazzo (slide problems and all!).
Old 09-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #1683

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gropler View Post
When using your permanent inline surge protector can you hook up to 30a and have it still work? My extension cord version for 50a will not allow me to hook up to a 30a park as it says the power on one line is off. Kind of a problem when there is only 30 avail.....
You need a 50amp to 30amp converter... I use 30amp all the time.

Amazon.com: 50 amp 30 amp adapter
Old 09-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #1684

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
LOL!
They probably do their inspection the same way I did mine:
Awning: Goes out - yup
Awning: Comes in - yup
Next ..

As for color. I'm not sure. It might be tan. I'm pretty sure it is not black. When it is out all the way I don't see the top. Now that my curiosity has been raised someday I will check the color. I think there is a color variation on the inner part.

Speaking of color - I think it is really amusing that Thor recognized the sale value of the Cinnamon Shore by putting a Palazzo in that color on their primary website, but now that color is not even available on 2014 models!
Check 2014 Palazzo Motorhomes: Class A Diesel RV by Thor Motor Coach
Looks like Gingerla should have the website design job too!

Of course I am not prejudiced in any way about the Cinnamon Shore color scheme and believe diversity makes us stronger.
Hi Jerry,
We have the Cinnamon Shore paint scheme too. Our awning is brown and beige. Similar to the paint on the coach. Horizonal lines in brown and beige.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #1685

Quote:
Originally Posted by et_ky View Post
SAS-45aA or SAS-50A , think these have a good temp range. 45 comes on(closes) at 107, off (opens) at 86. 50 comes on at 107 and off at 95. cost about 12 dollars company is in mass. just google my fan would run almost all time or at least till outside temp would go below 77 degrees
The specifications for the SAS 50A look good. I Googled but did not find the company. Do you have any other information and have you tried the thermostat?
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
Old 09-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #1686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
I installed the flo-rite and it is an easy DIY (enjoyable even ). You can get distilled water in the household isle, rather than the water/soda isle (apparently, people use distilled water for ironing, who would of known). Dont forget to buy the hand pump.
I ordered and installed the flo-rite as well. Not sure if they sent me the wrong system but I had a heck of a time installing it. The replacement caps did no "just drop in". I had to press on one side to get them to snap into place. Also, the tubing connecting the caps wasn't the right length. I haven't cut them to fit yet so they aren't all twisted but think I will when I get time. It is installed now and I am hoping it is working okay.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #1687

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom65 View Post

I ordered and installed the flo-rite as well. Not sure if they sent me the wrong system but I had a heck of a time installing it. The replacement caps did no "just drop in". I had to press on one side to get them to snap into place. Also, the tubing connecting the caps wasn't the right length. I haven't cut them to fit yet so they aren't all twisted but think I will when I get time. It is installed now and I am hoping it is working okay.
Which one did you order?
Old 09-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #1688

hmmmm, strange. Ours just popped right in, cut the hose to size and put the caps on. Smoothest DIY ever...

Old 09-13-2013, 09:39 PM   #1689

Magna Shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Ed,

I just requested a quote for the front and side windows (Black) from Magna Shade.

We will be headed for Texas for the Winter towards the end of the month with a couple of short trips in-between so we may need to wait until we arrive in Texas before we order.

Very interested in getting your opinion on these shades.

Thanks!
Jack

Jack,
Greetings from the Mile High State!!! Or should I say the flood state. Wow what a crazy past two days. Almost the entire front range along the base of the Rockies is experiencing severe flooding. Our town of Windsor has been extremely fortunate no direct flooding in our town. We are about 1/2 mile from the Cache la Poudre river which is a tributary of the South Platte. Almost all of the rivers along our mountain range are exceeding any previous recorded flood levels. The property and infrastructure damages and losses are going to be horrendous. Windsor, at this time, is probably one of the few communities along the front range which has received no flood damages. Being on the high ground is certainly the place to be.

I wanted to let you know I received my Magna Shades a couple days earlier than expected. Great service in that we are going to be on the road in 3 days. The DW and I installed them today with only one small glitch for which I will have to call Magna Shade on Monday. The quality of the materials and workmanship exceeded my expectations We chose the dark brown with tweed bindings which really goes well with our Cinnamon Shore colors. We are going to enjoy them tremendously - tired of fighting the heat issues with all of that glass which we also like. A little expensive but as we all know - if you want to see the show you have to pay to get in. We are happy with our purchase. Safe travels to all.. Ed
Old 09-14-2013, 05:00 AM   #1690

Quote:

You need a 50amp to 30amp converter... I use 30amp all the time.
The 50 Amp service on motorhome implementations is the same as most modern house wiring, namely you are provided with two phases of electric supply. That's why there are four wires used to accomplish the service delivery - two "hot" wires, (usually red and black), one common (usually white), and a ground (either green or bare wire.) When you use a 50-to-30 Amp adapter, you are "commoning" the two "hot" wires so you have electric supply to all circuits within the coach.

2005 Honda Pilot toad
Old 09-14-2013, 06:53 AM   #1691

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoguy1313 View Post
The 50 Amp service on motorhome implementations is the same as most modern house wiring, namely you are provided with two phases of electric supply. That's why there are four wires used to accomplish the service delivery - two "hot" wires, (usually red and black), one common (usually white), and a ground (either green or bare wire.) When you use a 50-to-30 Amp adapter, you are "commoning" the two "hot" wires so you have electric supply to all circuits within the coach.

30amps runs everything a 50amp runs.... with the exception of running only 1 AC. May need to also change the Magnum profile from 50amps to 30amps on the remote control. I believe its a different charging profile efficiency for each power requirements, but, its a no biggie if you dont change the profile...
Old 09-14-2013, 08:32 AM   #1692

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
Which one did you order?
I spoke to Robert at Jan Watercraft, gave him the distance between holes in the battery and he sent me one.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:34 AM   #1693

Quote:
hmmmm, strange. Ours just popped right in, cut the hose to size and put the caps on. Smoothest DIY ever...

Mine doesn't have that neat bar connecting them. The yellow caps look the same but they sure didn't just drop into the battery holes. The yellow caps are connected by rubber hose.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #1694

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERStarck View Post
Jack,
Greetings from the Mile High State!!! Or should I say the flood state. Wow what a crazy past two days. Almost the entire front range along the base of the Rockies is experiencing severe flooding. Our town of Windsor has been extremely fortunate no direct flooding in our town. We are about 1/2 mile from the Cache la Poudre river which is a tributary of the South Platte. Almost all of the rivers along our mountain range are exceeding any previous recorded flood levels. The property and infrastructure damages and losses are going to be horrendous. Windsor, at this time, is probably one of the few communities along the front range which has received no flood damages. Being on the high ground is certainly the place to be.

I wanted to let you know I received my Magna Shades a couple days earlier than expected. Great service in that we are going to be on the road in 3 days. The DW and I installed them today with only one small glitch for which I will have to call Magna Shade on Monday. The quality of the materials and workmanship exceeded my expectations We chose the dark brown with tweed bindings which really goes well with our Cinnamon Shore colors. We are going to enjoy them tremendously - tired of fighting the heat issues with all of that glass which we also like. A little expensive but as we all know - if you want to see the show you have to pay to get in. We are happy with our purchase. Safe travels to all.. Ed
Ed,

First off our prayers go out to all those affected by the flooding!

Thanks for posting your review of the shades. We will be ordering the shades once we arrive in Texas.

Thanks!
Jack
Closed Thread