Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #1709

Thor Owners Club
I haven't gotten mine yet (two weeks estimated), but I have been curious about the second toilet. Do both use the same black tank? I think I recall seeing a separate dump attachment in the rear of the RV at the show.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #1710

Side Window Sun Shades ?

Has anyone installed pull down sun shades for the driver and passenger side windows ? And, if so, do the shades/roller assembly not interfere with the side shades that are already in place installed as original equipment from Thor? Any help would really be appreciated !
Old 09-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #1711

Newmar Owners Club
I saw a pic of them, you have to use a triangular piece of plastic or something because they are not square windows.

Didn't like that idea
Old 09-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #1712

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2013 View Post
I saw a pic of them, you have to use a triangular piece of plastic or something because they are not square windows.

Didn't like that idea
Saw a Palazzo with blacked out side windows up front. Thinking of doing the same.
Owner said it really helped with the heat in the cab area.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LT View Post
Has anyone installed pull down sun shades for the driver and passenger side windows ? And, if so, do the shades/roller assembly not interfere with the side shades that are already in place installed as original equipment from Thor? Any help would really be appreciated !
I went to McKinney Tx and had MCD shades installed. I have the overhead bed and that requires just a little extra work to install the shades behind the bed. They do an excellent job.

I installed the black daytime shades and also white nighttime ones. Very similar to the rest of the coach. They remove the accordion factory shades. For the lower corner they make a nice felt covered piece of cardboard that slides in the window frame. You remove this while driving.

I recommend MCD highly.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #1714

Pick up our new THOR Palazzo 33.1 Thursday........so add us to the list....thanks !!
Old 09-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #1715

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchy View Post
Pick up our new THOR Palazzo 33.1 Thursday........so add us to the list....thanks !!
Is it a 2013 or 2014?

Oh and

Old 09-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #1716

2013 THOR Palazzo 33.1......new unit.......purchased thru RVDirect.........take delivery at Winter Park Florida........getting prices on Freightliner and Cummins xtended warranty as well as considering 'Protective' service contract (not sure we are sold on the service contract concept).......
currently planning our National Park trip for summer 2014------
Old 09-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #1717

Quote:
Welcome to the Palazzo family!
Old 09-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #1718

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
2013 THOR Palazzo 33.1......new unit.......purchased thru RVDirect.........take delivery at Winter Park Florida........getting prices on Freightliner and Cummins xtended warranty as well as considering 'Protective' service contract (not sure we are sold on the service contract concept).......
currently planning our National Park trip for summer 2014------
We got our first MH from them.
Be sure to do a GOOD PDI and have them fix anything before you drive off the lot. We camped for two days in Daytona before returning with a long list. Ended up going elsewhere to have repairs made.

"Out of sight, out of mind" is their slogan.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #1719

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Walker View Post
You probably know this but there is a time delay of about one minute after the engine is started until the alternator voltage is applied to the chassis batteries. If you do not have your batteries connected to shore power while parked the chassis battery could be low and after starting, the voltage might be low enough that the leveler controller senses low voltage. Another thing that comes to my mind is what to do if the low voltage condition cannot be corrected. Is there a manual over ride? We could be stuck with levelers down.

no, even though we have a low voltage light they still retract. but you may have hit on something about the engine alternator not kicking in right away. I will watch for that. hope the thermostate works for you it is perfect for me. if have any problems finding the company let me know and I will research and find them again for you.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #1720

2LT:

I installed pull down sun and privacy shades sold by Camping World. I ordered them 48" wide and 56" long (over length) and I removed the accordion shades that came with the coach. They took 10 minutes to install after accordion removal and I reused the screws that held the track up there. Because they are rectangular and the window slants out toward the nose in front/bottom, a small section of the glass is not covered. It is a small triangle, 5" wide at the bottom. The good thing about the shades is that you can use the sun shade while driving, both the driver and passenger, provided you can see the mirrors. They were about $200. each. We do not have the overhead bed.

Frank Schaub
Old 09-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGould View Post
I haven't gotten mine yet (two weeks estimated), but I have been curious about the second toilet. Do both use the same black tank? I think I recall seeing a separate dump attachment in the rear of the RV at the show.
Brian - congrats on your 36.1. Yes - the rear toilet has a separate black tank. It is accessed through the last compartment on the left side, while the other is in the main water/sewer compartment. Joe
Old 09-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #1722

Wanted to do the same thing with our family? Did you ever get to go?

Did you ever get to go on this trip....would like to do the same thing, Troy

QUOTE=RMChad;1400803]Hi Everyone -- I am considering purchasing a Palazzo but have not found one to look at yet. My family of 4 (kids are 7 and 8 years old) spent 80 days in a 5th wheel last summer visiting 8 national parks and 10 states. We are considering a year RV'ing trip to explore the history of the US. I am debating between a Winnebago Adventurer bunk model (it is a gaser, not diesel, but has been recommended by several people who had an Adventurer who switched to diesel but still like the Adventurer more) and the Palazzo bunk model. Less engine noise, higher cargo carrying capacity, "reasonable" price for a diesel, and floorplan are all compelling for the Palazzo.

If anyone is in or coming through Colorado near Denver or Colorado Springs, and willing to showoff your Palazzo, I would be glad to meet you. Seeing one would help make the decision. Also, I am looking for RV shows in the Spring that might have a Palazzo in the area -- if you know of one, please let me know.

Thank you,
-Chad[/QUOTE]
Closed Thread