Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #1765

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post

Who installed the 500 lb weights? With that what is the result of a 4 corner weighing? Sounds a bit strange to me.
Me too. Never heard of such thing.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #1766

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:

My brother did a test drive of a Palazzo out in CA and thought it was horrible, which is contrary to the vast majority of owner reports. It was so bad he wondered if a wheel, not just the tire,but the wheel was bent.
All I can say is after ours was set up with proper tire pressure, toe-in fixed, alignment checked I drive with one hand. No pull or wobble.
Drives like a dream.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #1767

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post

All I can say is after ours was set up with proper tire pressure, toe-in fixed, alignment checked I drive with one hand. No pull or wobble.
Drives like a dream.
On a smooth road mine is like riding on air.
Oh, wait, did I say that?

I have no complaints although a little less wind buffeting would be nice.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #1768

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I don't see it on the Thor site yet but RVPro reports that Thor had a show in Elkhart this week and announced the Palazzo 35.1

"The Palazzo presents the 35.1 floorplan, which features basement storage, triple-slide layout and a Denver Mattress king bed."

Looks like this will be the successor to the 33.1.

Now if only Thor would pay as much attention to build quality as they do to new model design. Anyone want a bag of loose screws?
Old 09-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #1769

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
I don't see it on the Thor site yet but RVPro reports that Thor had a show in Elkhart this week and announced the Palazzo 35.1

"The Palazzo presents the 35.1 floorplan, which features basement storage, triple-slide layout and a Denver Mattress king bed."

Looks like this will be the successor to the 33.1.

Now if only Thor would pay as much attention to build quality as they do to new model design. Anyone want a bag of loose screws?
No thanks. Have enough.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #1770

Thor Owners Club
Wow, wish I hadn't heard of that new floor plan. My biggest beef with our new Palazzo is the lack of a king size bed. My husband and I just can't get used to it after sleeping on a king for so many years. Our unit is only two weeks old so I guess I'm out of luck. On our most recent trip, I slept on the couch/air matress.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #1771

Thor Owners Club
While at dinner with friends tonight, I mentioned the uneven weight in the rear of our unit. A friend of ours who is a master mechanic and also races cars, told us that weights are sometimes added to balance out race cars. They use actual gym weights that are fastened to a bar of sorts. Sounds like that might be the added weight being discussed.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #1772

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
Wow, wish I hadn't heard of that new floor plan. My biggest beef with our new Palazzo is the lack of a king size bed. My husband and I just can't get used to it after sleeping on a king for so many years. Our unit is only two weeks old so I guess I'm out of luck. On our most recent trip, I slept on the couch/air matress.
I'm interested. Like the king bed. Like three slides. Hope it has washer & dryer
Old 09-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #1773

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
I'm interested. Like the king bed. Like three slides. Hope it has washer & dryer
And up-graded slide gears/equipment.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:19 PM   #1774

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
And up-graded slide gears/equipment.
That for sure !!!
Old 09-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvphilosophy View Post
The Palazzo was pulled in with full weight and aligned accordingly. There was still a lot of shimmy in the wheel. I have heard of a steer safe to help stabilize the front end but this Palazzo had 500lb weights installed in the front to help the ride. I'm thinking that Thor either got a bum Chassis from freightliner or they tweaked it at the factory when installing the coach on frame during the vacuum bonding stage. I had a 33.2 that the radiator mount wasn't flush with the chassis either and we had to go back and forth from freightliner to dealership. Talk about inconvenient but the Palazzo has been great since Freightliner straightened it out.
can you please post a pic of this 500lb weights... curious what this is all about.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #1776

the water tank is a sideways "L" shaped tank. as you fill the tank more water will fill the passenger side of the tank and will weigh more on that side. Even with this shape... I cant see the 700lb difference though, thats 84 gallons of water difference. The gray and black tanks are rectangular, the weight will be evenly distributed across the width of the tank. So It doesnt matter if they are full or not... the weight will not lean toward the passenger side.

Im with Tom, the airbags needs adjustment. Does the coach lean when it is empty?
Old 09-21-2013, 09:00 PM   #1777

2014 36.1

My wife and I are looking to move up to a DP from a Coachmen Mirada that is only 1 year old. We will be retiring in another 3 years and need to work out all the bugs that may come with the purchase of a new MH. We both love the layout of the 36.1 that has the 1/2 bath and full bath in the rear of the coach. The problems I am seeing with the slide don't make me happy. Do any of the members have a 2014 Palazzo that does not have slide issues? It seems as though all of them have issues. Does Thor has a fix for the 2014. When I mentioned the slide issue to the salesman he said he had never heard of the problem. I hate to pay this much money and have that many problems. Maybe I should start looking at another brand with a better reputation or wait for another year and hope they have the bugs worked out of the slide issues. I just don't want the frustration. So far with the Mirada we have only had to have 1 coach A/C unit replaced and the chassis A/C compressor replaced. It only has 2500 miles on it. We never travel more that 100 mile from home. That will change when we retire.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:54 AM   #1778

Newmar Owners Club
I thought most had 95/100 psi anyway after the 4 corners weight.

It might be a good idea to post your 4 weights and PSI so there is some comparison.
Closed Thread