Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #1835

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin Kid View Post
During our PDI, we noted a water leak at the fridge. They pulled the refrigerator out and discovered that the compression fitting at the solenoid valve going up to the I've maker was not tight. Pulling the fridge was a two person job.

If you disconnect the water line to the ice maker (under the stove), then have the ice maker try to fill, that should open the solenoid valve allowing all the water to drain.

We have a 33.1
I concluded the same thing! You need to open the valve to allow any water between the valve and the ice maker to drain. Hopefully it is downhill and it will drain. The only practical way to do that is to run the refrigerator and ice maker at least one cycle. I believe the ice maker will work like my former absorption refrigerator ice maker. It cycles after the temperature reaches a certain low point. The ice maker bar must be down. Thanks for your experience.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #1836

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batten54 View Post
Just go south till it warms up at home
Agree!
Old 09-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #1837

Well here we are on our third trip in our Wonderful 6 month old Palazzo. Never a dull moment. Haven't been on a trip yet that hasn't been exciting. ( being said very sarcastic). One major thing after another. Now we have a water leak in the water bay area. Developed the day before we HAD to leave. Filled up the water tank to about half to hold us for the first leg of our trip. Got home to finish packing and half of that water was in the driveway.

Looking for the source of that leak, found that the drain under the kitchen sink was completely off. This may have been part of the water issue in the cargo bay. The water pump vibrates horribly. So we have water pump turned off and have a bucket of water in the shower for flushes.

We arrived at Freightliner for our scheduled service. The mechanics came to pick up our unit, but now we cant retract the large slide. They were wonderful and helped us disengage the motor and with three people pushing the slide, we got it in.
We had an appointment at Richards RV in Greer, SC for the water issue. They now have a slide issue to deal with.

By the way, we just got the unit back where the two motors were changed out.

I laugh at the saying "it's always something" but just once I would like to take a trip without spending time at a repair shop.

So here we sit at Freightliner with the slides in, close quarters to say the least. The good thing, our pull out in the morning won't take as long as we can't get anything out.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #1838

sorry for you troubles, I would just take it to Thor... In a weeks time, they should have your issues fixed. I hear good things of the work they do.

Before my warranty is up, Im gonna make a trip to the factory.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #1839

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
sorry for you troubles, I would just take it to Thor... In a weeks time, they should have your issues fixed. I hear good things of the work they do.

Before my warranty is up, Im gonna make a trip to the factory.
Left Thor Customer Service yesterday morning after having some work done to fix a water leak and they did a great job. In addition the service manager, Steve, told me that the tech (Josh) inspected my slide and did a couple of things, changed a roller and shimmed the slide because he said it was not sitting square in the slide opening. So far as I was concerned the slide was working just fine but to my surprise it works better, smoother, and it closes much tighter against the side of the MH, Happy, Happy, Happy!

By the way I have been out of warranty for 3 months and my bill was zero! All of the folks at Thor Customer Service are great!
Old 09-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #1840

Thor Owners Club
I just learned that I have a burned out slide motor on my full slide. I drove it 50 miles to Freighliner in Baltimore this morning and had to stop twice to pull the slide in. I noticed that the bottom front corner of the slide on the outside isn't flush with the wall like the top is when pulled in. When I called Thor and asked about bringing it to Elkhart, they told me they are booked until the third week in December and too close to Christmas, so better to bring it in during the first week of January.

I'm not really sure I trust any local dealers to work on the slide. I've read so many stories about the folks waiting for over a month for parts and then the dealerships not knowing how to install the parts correctly and often requiring a return trip.

Not really sure if I should wait until January to take it to Elkhart or risk the hassle of taking it into a dealership and wish for the best. I'm 9 hrs from Elkhart.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #1841

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
I just learned that I have a burned out slide motor on my full slide. I drove it 50 miles to Freighliner in Baltimore this morning and had to stop twice to pull the slide in. I noticed that the bottom front corner of the slide on the outside isn't flush with the wall like the top is when pulled in. When I called Thor and asked about bringing it to Elkhart, they told me they are booked until the third week in December and too close to Christmas, so better to bring it in during the first week of January.

I'm not really sure I trust any local dealers to work on the slide. I've read so many stories about the folks waiting for over a month for parts and then the dealerships not knowing how to install the parts correctly and often requiring a return trip.

Not really sure if I should wait until January to take it to Elkhart or risk the hassle of taking it into a dealership and wish for the best. I'm 9 hrs from Elkhart.
Make a reservation for Elkhart but take it to your local dealer in the mean time. If the dealer doesn't fix it correctly you will still have your appointment at Thor. At least this is what I would do.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #1842

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
^^^ Good advise! ^^^
Old 09-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #1843

Thor Owners Club
Great idea! Hadn't thought of that. Thanks!
Old 09-25-2013, 08:22 PM   #1844

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post

What about the travel bar? Do you use that to keep it pulled in? Some people use more than one.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:17 AM   #1845

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
What about the travel bar? Do you use that to keep it pulled in? Some people use more than one.
No, I've never used the travel bar. My unit came with only one, although I have two slides. I suppose now may be the time to use it until the slide gets repaired.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #1846

It my understanding that the travel bar is there in case you loose power while moving. I guess there is a possibility of the slide moving out if you loose power while moving.

We love our coach!!!!
Old 09-26-2013, 07:12 AM   #1847

Quote:
I use the travel bar, front and rear on my long slide when ever I travel. It is called a "travel bar" not "loss of power" bar. There is a "T" bar installed underneath the slide to keep the slide in place in the event of an accident.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:30 AM   #1848

Quote:
I don't use my travel bar anymore. Before I had my slide worked on the slide would pop and rattle when we were moving. Back then I would use it to not have to listen to the popping noise. It worked well for that. I guess if my slide would quit and I had to push it in manually I for sure would put the bar in before traveling.
Closed Thread