Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #1863

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
Gary;
If needed, try Tom Johnson's in Marion. Great people and a huge repair facility. We got our Palazzo there and have had work done also.
Had work done on our first MH at CW in Colfax. Was not the least impressed. I do my best to stay away from CW's. Even stopped ordering gear from them cheaper from Amazon.com.
Great time at the beach this week.......... Thinking of going up to Maggie Valley in October. Not been there in the fall.
Safe travels!

Tom,

Glad to hear the beach trip was good. It has been cool this past week here. We are off to Panama Beach for two weeks starting next Saturday. We enjoyed our trip to Pigeon Forge with the granddaughter. She and I did the rides at Dollywood while Kay watched.

Gary
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2013, 04:02 PM   #1864

Leave up to lake Tahoe then off to redwood forest next week for fall break..then back down to San Fran....this will be our first true trip in the new Palazzo 33.3! We have been VERY happy so far(McMahons in Mesa AZ our awesome) can someone give us some recommendations on places to stay at these locations. We don't mind boondocking and state parks or anywhere! This forum has been great for us!
Old 09-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #1865

Anyone care to tell what kind of discount they got at show? Thanks
Old 09-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #1866

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickEB View Post
Anyone care to tell what kind of discount they got at show? Thanks
31% on 2014 model
Old 09-28-2013, 04:29 AM   #1867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoteam View Post
Leave up to lake Tahoe then off to redwood forest next week for fall break..then back down to San Fran....this will be our first true trip in the new Palazzo 33.3! We have been VERY happy so far(McMahons in Mesa AZ our awesome) can someone give us some recommendations on places to stay at these locations. We don't mind boondocking and state parks or anywhere! This forum has been great for us!
Never traveled that part of the country but it sounds like a great trip! Safe travels!
Old 09-28-2013, 05:53 AM   #1868

Mine is a Palazzo 36.1. Yes, it is a schwintek system. The large slide had been torked out of square, most likely because the slides were put out when coach was not level while at the dealership.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:01 AM   #1869

Quote:
We stayed at Candlestick RV park in SF. This park is just across the street from the ballpark. It is for sure in town. We drove thru lots of SF to get in to it. Not what this farm boy here would call in the best area of town. It is an all concrete lot and has tall fence around it. Seemed very secure to us. Not the cheapest place to stay. But close to some attractions.

They have a shuttle to take you to some places. Alcatraz is well worth the time & money. The shuttle took us to the Pier. At the pier you can find about anything. The boat to Alcatraz leaves from there. Lots of shopping, food, and many city tours leave from there.

If your coming from the North you will be able to go thru the Golden Gate Bridge on your way in. We came in from the East thru the Bay Bridge and out thru the Golden Gate. I think I read someplace where the Bay Bridge is close or being repaired maybe.

The Redwoods are awesome. If you get the chance driver your car thru the Chandler redwood tree. Have a safe trip.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:58 AM   #1870

Two questions, where did you get or find a travel bar, I know what it is for but I did not see anything on my 33.3 that you have described (T bar)?
I have a problem with severe glare blocking my side mirrors at times. Any one solve this? It seems the reverse glare front window creates a mirror and mask my side view mirror. Some sort of glare proof coating on side window might be needed.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:05 AM   #1871

My travel bar was in the front driver side compartment. It is about 2' long and had 3" X 2" pads on each end. Has a screw that expands it. The glare. I have pull down see thru shades on my side windows similar to the rest of the coach.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:41 AM   #1872

the glare seems to be an issue, especially if the window slide is pushed forward. It is the multiple layers of the double pane glass seems to cause this glare. Sliding the window forward to not cover the side mirrors helps a little, but you really have to focus seeing "through" the glare and fixate your eyes on the mirrors instead.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #1873

The palazzo has a air compressor in the front hood behind generator, does anyone know if I need/should have diesel running to pump up several items and how much pounds it pumps out? Thanks
Old 09-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #1874

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
The palazzo has a air compressor in the front hood behind generator, does anyone know if I need/should have diesel running to pump up several items and how much pounds it pumps out? Thanks
Have no idea what you are talking about. You need to explain a little more.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #1875

Quote:
It depends on what you are trying to air up and how much air is in your tanks. Look at the two gages to the left of the steering wheel and if you have greater then 75 psi then you can get air out of the manifold. There is an automatic cut off to the air manifold below a given pressure which is somewhere between 65 and 75 psi. If you are trying to air up your coach tires you will need to run the engine to get air pressure high enough to service your tires. You may need to run the engine on high idle if you need greater than 110 psi.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #1876

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
It depends on what you are trying to air up and how much air is in your tanks. Look at the two gages to the left of the steering wheel and if you have greater then 75 psi then you can get air out of the manifold. There is an automatic cut off to the air manifold below a given pressure which is somewhere between 65 and 75 psi. If you are trying to air up your coach tires you will need to run the engine to get air pressure high enough to service your tires. You may need to run the engine on high idle if you need greater than 110 psi.
Now I know what he's saying.
Didn't know the compressor was behind the generator. Thought it was on the engine.
Closed Thread