Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 07:07 AM   #1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2013 View Post
Elcorbs

All of your posts say the same thing, so look around when you find a brand that doesn't these issues report back.

The '14's being built with the upgrades have not reported a problem
Jim,

I agree with you! I did a search on "slide issues" and found them across all major coach manufacturers. Talking with several repair shops, including Lazy Days in Tampa, and was told the number one coach problem was the slide.

Jack
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2013, 07:34 AM   #1976

Agreed
Old 10-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batten54 View Post
Which one are you getting ? We got the 36.1 and love it! Even more so now that the slide works again...lol Ours drives much better than the F53 w/ V10 we had... But not great yet. The first 5000 mi we had the tires at the delivered pressure 110 I think. I dropped the duels down to 100 today and will drop the front to 90 or 95 as soon as I find the socket to remove the wheel covers. The stems are way too short to reach, so I'll put extensions on them.
We are getting a 33.2. They have 6 slots just outside their front gate and we are patiently waiting in one of them. Pouring rain so the dawg is getting "cabin fever". Plan to have an icon change tomorrow along with a new signature line and coach.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
We are getting a 33.2. They have 6 slots just outside their front gate and we are patiently waiting in one of them. Pouring rain so the dawg is getting "cabin fever". Plan to have an icon change tomorrow along with a new signature line and coach.
Essenhaus restaurant about 10 mi south of you in Middlebury on HWY 20. Great food. Also Shipshewana is 15 mile east of you. Lots of neat shops. Some will be closed on Sunday. (Amish) Amish Acre attraction is 15 mile south in Nappinee
Old 10-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #1979

Thor Owners Club
Anyone here have their Palazzo in for service at Keystone RV in Greencastle, PA? If so, you're parked right next to mine
Old 10-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoteam View Post
Did you ever get to go on this trip....would like to do the same thing, Troy

QUOTE=RMChad;1400803]Hi Everyone -- I am considering purchasing a Palazzo but have not found one to look at yet. My family of 4 (kids are 7 and 8 years old) spent 80 days in a 5th wheel last summer visiting 8 national parks and 10 states. We are considering a year RV'ing trip to explore the history of the US. I am debating between a Winnebago Adventurer bunk model (it is a gaser, not diesel, but has been recommended by several people who had an Adventurer who switched to diesel but still like the Adventurer more) and the Palazzo bunk model. Less engine noise, higher cargo carrying capacity, "reasonable" price for a diesel, and floorplan are all compelling for the Palazzo.

If anyone is in or coming through Colorado near Denver or Colorado Springs, and willing to showoff your Palazzo, I would be glad to meet you. Seeing one would help make the decision. Also, I am looking for RV shows in the Spring that might have a Palazzo in the area -- if you know of one, please let me know.

Thank you,
-Chad
[/QUOTE]

I live just outside Colorado Springs and I have a 33.1 bunk model. I'd be happy to show you it before I stick it in not rage for the winter. That is if you haven't had a chance to see one yet. PM me for details.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #1981
MKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
There is no LED indication on the switch.... its only on the dash. But, Im sure they can easily put one one.
There actually is a LED on the switch. However, mine is only visible when it is dark as the LED is very dim.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #1982

Thor Owners Club
Picking up my 36.1 tomorrow morning.

Does anyone have suggestions of things to look for immediately? My friend, Don gave me an excellent checklist that will be very helpful, but I am wondering if anyone has specific advice to check on this model that they've found during delivery.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #1983

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGould View Post
Does anyone have suggestions of things to look for immediately? My friend, Don gave me an excellent checklist that will be very helpful, but I am wondering if anyone has specific advice to check on this model that they've found during delivery.
Just have the tech run all the systems. Jacks, air, water, heater, ice maker, AGS, inverter monitor, slide operation, awning in/out, etc.
If you can spend the night in the rig before signing. Inspect everything inside.
Good luck!
Old 10-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #1984

A question to the Palazzo owners.......we picked 33.1 (2013) up several weeks ago....and are deciding on our toad and tow system. We will be going west thru the rockies (santa fe up to Rocky Mtn NP thence to Yellowstone, as far as olympic NP and then back thru lake tahoe, crater lake, Zion,Bryce, North Rim Grand Canyon, Arches, Canyonland.....coming from florida).
The cars we are considering are the fit @ 2600 lbs; the CRV @ 3300 lbs ; and the wrangler @ a hefty 3900 lbs. I am curious as to any Palazzo owners comments/advice regarding your experience towing nearly 4000 lbs thru the terrain we are planning to visit???
Comments and advice are welcome......
Regards
Rich
Old 10-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #1985

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchy View Post
A question to the Palazzo owners.......we picked 33.1 (2013) up several weeks ago....and are deciding on our toad and tow system. We will be going west thru the rockies (santa fe up to Rocky Mtn NP thence to Yellowstone, as far as olympic NP and then back thru lake tahoe, crater lake, Zion,Bryce, North Rim Grand Canyon, Arches, Canyonland.....coming from florida). The cars we are considering are the fit @ 2600 lbs; the CRV @ 3300 lbs ; and the wrangler @ a hefty 3900 lbs. I am curious as to any Palazzo owners comments/advice regarding your experience towing nearly 4000 lbs thru the terrain we are planning to visit??? Comments and advice are welcome...... Regards Rich
We have a Jeep Unlimited 4-door. Have a Blue Ox baseplate, Ready Brute Elite tow bar.
Don't even know it's back there. Tows great. Easy to hookup and unhook. Takes about 3 minutes with practice.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #1986

Our Palazzo(which we love and have had no problems with) seems to have black crap on the floors(it's new) we've mopped 4 times. Does after driving for awhile it leave a diesel like layer on flooring? Is it because of the new slides outs leaving a deposit after sliding them out and being used? I bare feet get a black film on them(just checking if this is normal, we have cleaned the floor very well, but keeps coming back? We are at the Oasis in Vegas right of the strip(great place, lots of crazy money rv's here!
Old 10-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #1987

Our 33.2 gets that all over the bedroom, it is scheduled for a factory visit Nov 18 to fix that problem. Others have had similar and needed to be resealed at the factory.

Bill
Old 10-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #1988

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Bill View Post
Our 33.2 gets that all over the bedroom, it is scheduled for a factory visit Nov 18 to fix that problem. Others have had similar and needed to be resealed at the factory. Bill
Had the same issue . Engine compartment was re-sealed at the factory.
Closed Thread