Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 07:28 AM   #2171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvillalo View Post
I've a very annoying constant loud noise coming from the top right side of large slide that occurs while driving. This noise is right behind the driver's seat and its driving me nuts. I've identified it as a warranty item to CW and hoping it will be fixed next week. Has anybody else experienced similar problem that identified the cause and how it was fixed. Would appreciate your feedback to help the CW tech so that it won't become a chronic recurring problem. Thanks

David Villalobos
Aurora CO

I am having the same problem. please let me know how they fixed it or if they did or how they fixed it. thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #2172

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by et_ky View Post
I am having the same problem. please let me know how they fixed it or if they did or how they fixed it. thanks
At the factory service center they shimmed the slide and aligned the gears. Wish I could tell you more but that's what I was told.
No noise since .
Old 10-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #2173

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Month in the shop for a slide repair? I would get Thor customer service involved. I observed Thor completely remove and reinstall a slide in less than two days at their facility in Elkhart. It would appear that the shop you are using is not all that knowledgable if thay have had it for a month!
]

I can't even get anyone from Thor customer service on the phone!! I have put in 2 calls to Mark Stanley with no call back yet!!
I guess a class action against Thor, Lippert, and Schwintek is next!! Along with a buy back of my 2013 33.2!!!
I am fed up with this rolling Nightmare!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #2174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvillalo View Post
I've a very annoying constant loud noise coming from the top right side of large slide that occurs while driving. This noise is right behind the driver's seat and its driving me nuts. I've identified it as a warranty item to CW and hoping it will be fixed next week. Has anybody else experienced similar problem that identified the cause and how it was fixed. Would appreciate your feedback to help the CW tech so that it won't become a chronic recurring problem. Thanks

David Villalobos
Aurora CO
Mine had a creak in the same place which was annoying when driving. I got 2 of the slide out lock bars. I put one on top and one on the bottom and that solved 95% of the noise on mine.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #2175

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRandy View Post
Mine had a creak in the same place which was annoying when driving. I got 2 of the slide out lock bars. I put one on top and one on the bottom and that solved 95% of the noise on mine.
Where did you get the second one? I looked on Camping World and did not find one.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #2176

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
Where did you get the second one? I looked on Camping World and did not find one.
I purchased mine on line from PPLmotorhomes.com, cost about $38 plus shipping. I have ordered a number of items from PPL...good company to order from.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #2177

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
I purchased mine on line from PPLmotorhomes.com, cost about $38 plus shipping. I have ordered a number of items from PPL...good company to order from.
Thanks, I will. Check them out.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #2178

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
]

I can't even get anyone from Thor customer service on the phone!! I have put in 2 calls to Mark Stanley with no call back yet!!
I guess a class action against Thor, Lippert, and Schwintek is next!! Along with a buy back of my 2013 33.2!!!
I am fed up with this rolling Nightmare!!!
RKNOLA,
Have you contacted Tom Overton- Thor Support?
I have contact information for him as follows:
toverton@tmcrv.com and 1-877-855-2867 X 2079
Old 10-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #2179

I am amazed with some folks not having good luck with Thor and many others do, when are one of the ones that have had great cooperation from Thor and our dealer in Mesa, Az! Other than some issues with our new 33.3 we love our coach and Thor! Why do you think some people have good dealings and others not?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131028_111748.png
Views:	95
Size:	391.5 KB
ID:	48720
Old 10-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #2180

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoteam View Post
I am amazed with some folks not having good luck with Thor and many others do, when are one of the ones that have had great cooperation from Thor and our dealer in Mesa, Az! Other than some issues with our new 33.3 we love our coach and Thor! Why do you think some people have good dealings and others not?
Don't know the answer to that. I've had good service so far. Takes me a while to get someone on the phone but it's somewhat understandable having seen the call center.
Any parts I've needed have been shipped ASAP no questions ask.
I plan to make the trip to Elkhart at least every other year just like I plan to make an annual trip to Gaffney for service.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #2181

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
At the factory service center they shimmed the slide and aligned the gears. Wish I could tell you more but that's what I was told. No noise since .
I would love the name and number of the factory service center. I'd like to call and ask them what they did and did thor show them fix so I can get CW to fix mine.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #2182

Evergreen Owners Club
The good new's first just did a 400 mile round trip with an average of 11.3 MPG with gen running with 1 air condition on , frige and sat, tv
I filled tank before I left and filled when I got back and divided out the mile's .
also the dash computer was almost the same at 11.4 mpg's .

the bad " not so bad " microwave won't work , when trying to push buttons to start or enter time nothing happen's . " it's a Frigidaire "

other wise drove great and had fun with wife and 5 year old daughter @ fort wilderness this weekend

mike
Old 10-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #2183

Great to hear good news about mpgs and a 5 year old at fort wilderness. We tried to get in but it was booked. We're in st Augustine close to Disney.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #2184

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcsurf1 View Post
I would love the name and number of the factory service center. I'd like to call and ask them what they did and did thor show them fix so I can get CW to fix mine.
I was at the Thor service center in Elkhart. Their number for the ss is on their website.
Closed Thread