Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #2297

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyH2O View Post
If I recall, I saw 7 rollers/plate sets on the big slide on my 33.3. Cycled it about 70 plus times and no issues, yet. Keeping my fingers crossed. My build date was April 2013.
my 33.3 was built in the same time frame I think , I no freightliner sent the chassis to Thor April 17th so maybe mine was built in May .
So far big slide all good
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #2298

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
my 33.3 was built in the same time frame I think , I no freightliner sent the chassis to Thor April 17th so maybe mine was built in May .
So far big slide all good
March 2013 chassis date, here, with build in April, so that sounds about right. I have been extremely happy with our purchase and would do it again, warts and all. For $10,000 less (compared to others), I can buy a lot of toys for my RV and update anything I want. :-)
Old 11-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #2299

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
March 2013 chassis date, here, with build in April, so that sounds about right. I have been extremely happy with our purchase and would do it again, warts and all. For $10,000 less (compared to others), I can buy a lot of toys for my RV and update anything I want. :-)
my wife and I are also very happy camper's with our palazzo , only small problems , thinking of one now the micro wave key pad should be in next week .

Happy trail's
mike
Old 11-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #2300

Just a note for anyone looking at the Thor versus other brands.

Do they make a good product? Definitely. It is fairly priced and a good bang for the buck. There are coaches that are better but are much more. Do they have issues? Like anyone else, yes. Anytime you take 30 some other manufacturers parts, with unique warranties (Cummins, Onan, Freightliner, Lippert, Magnum, etc) and pull it all together, you will have issues. First year ownership on a Class A can be a burden with all of the little issues. If you have a big one, then tolerance and time without the coach is downright painful.

What they do right:

- good floorplan
- nice styling (get comments all the time about it when camping or at the track)
- good components
- good build quality (more focus on that in a second)
- nice specifications (water tanks, capacities, mpg, etc)

What they did not do so well:

- fit and finish - lazy workmanship - do we really need to leave all of the material left over from drilling a hole? Screws everywhere? Sawdust in the vents? Do you know what a level is? Very lazy, but easily cleaned up.
- some component decisions - that faucet in the bathroom (finger dripper)
- the concept of torque - sometimes tighter just means broken screws - and try to put them in straight
- The 200 point inspection for 400 items means that they looked at half of items

Overall, I consider myself pretty picky and will fix anything I see that is not optimal. If Thor ever used me as an inspector, I think they would hate me. Keep in mind that I saw this workmanship (a bit of a lack of pride) on a number of different rigs manufactures until I started looking at the $600K plus coaches (there is definitely pride in those rigs). If I had anything to say to Thor, clean up the rig between build stations and get all of the dang screws and garbage out of the way.

That aside, we do love our coach and have never regreted our purchase. We have addressed the small issues that are a reflection of negligence and lack of pride on Thor's part, but, in the end, I got a good value. I think that is a fair assessment of the experience. Thor builds a solid product but they certainly have the opportunity to be better.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:23 AM   #2301

Quote:
I called Thor Tech Guys and talked with Tom Overton concerning slides , coach weights and other small issues. My 33.3 was manufactured in Feb 2013 and probably has rollers, slide shafts and motor updates from previous builds. So far all is well for my unit, but I have learned what to ask and what to look for from this forum. I am living in my Palazzo as I text. I have been running the heater and the bathroom sure gets warm. The little sink gets warm also. Assume this is normal for bath and plumbing cold weather protection. The first shot through the cold water faucet was hot. May see if I have a duct leak under there. Any comments on this?
Old 11-09-2013, 06:45 AM   #2302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridinbear View Post
I called Thor Tech Guys and talked with Tom Overton concerning slides , coach weights and other small issues. My 33.3 was manufactured in Feb 2013 and probably has rollers, slide shafts and motor updates from previous builds. So far all is well for my unit, but I have learned what to ask and what to look for from this forum. I am living in my Palazzo as I text. I have been running the heater and the bathroom sure gets warm. The little sink gets warm also. Assume this is normal for bath and plumbing cold weather protection. The first shot through the cold water faucet was hot. May see if I have a duct leak under there. Any comments on this?
If you remove the panel just below the sink (pop out the wood plugs to gain access to the screws) you'll see the heater. With the heat running, you should be able to feel any leaks.

2005 Honda Pilot toad
Old 11-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #2303

Thor Owners Club
TV turns off by itself. We have a 2013 Palazzo 33.2. I have seen other posts RE TV TURNING OFF BY ITSELF. We have not had too many BIG issues but have had THAT periodic issue with dinette TV turning off for no reason, then after a wait it would come back on. Last night (We're on our way to Thor for our "Well Baby" factory visit) the TV turned off during dinner. Thought maybe a power drop since lights kind of dimmed. Being the good DW I reached up to see if a connection was loose. Touched a wire and burned my finger! There is a twelve volt red and black wire that goes through an 8AMP fuse connector before plugging into TV. That connector wire was bent at 45 degree angle behind TV and had burnt through wire and/or pulled out of fuse connector. The DH found a spare wire with fuse and connector and wanted to do the manly thing, cut out the old connector and splice in the new one. Being a good DW convinced him to wait until we get to Elkhart and let them tend to it since we will be there Monday. I think we will survive 2 days with 2 other TVs, XM radio, computer, etc.

How smart are we heading to Elkhart when they are having freezing weather Mon. and Tues.? Who knew? Normally, 50s and 40s at night. This wk 30s and 20s. Pretty cold for this Southern Bell. I'll post again after our factory visit.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #2304

It's worse that that. Lol. They have some snow in those predictions for Tuesday night!!
Old 11-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #2305

I saw a thread on one of the Palazzo forums that discussed how to fix the shower faucet valves on a 36.1 but can not find it using the search tool. My faucets are not attached to the wall...just the shower enclosure so you can move the controls in and out. Anyone had this problem and thought out a fix?
Old 11-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #2306

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldAero View Post
TV turns off by itself. We have a 2013 Palazzo 33.2. I have seen other posts RE TV TURNING OFF BY ITSELF. We have not had too many BIG issues but have had THAT periodic issue with dinette TV turning off for no reason, then after a wait it would come back on. Last night (We're on our way to Thor for our "Well Baby" factory visit) the TV turned off during dinner. Thought maybe a power drop since lights kind of dimmed. Being the good DW I reached up to see if a connection was loose. Touched a wire and burned my finger! There is a twelve volt red and black wire that goes through an 8AMP fuse connector before plugging into TV. That connector wire was bent at 45 degree angle behind TV and had burnt through wire and/or pulled out of fuse connector. The DH found a spare wire with fuse and connector and wanted to do the manly thing, cut out the old connector and splice in the new one. Being a good DW convinced him to wait until we get to Elkhart and let them tend to it since we will be there Monday. I think we will survive 2 days with 2 other TVs, XM radio, computer, etc. How smart are we heading to Elkhart when they are having freezing weather Mon. and Tues.? Who knew? Normally, 50s and 40s at night. This wk 30s and 20s. Pretty cold for this Southern Bell. I'll post again after our factory visit.
We had the same problem and Thor replaced it last May. So far it's working with a sharp picture. The old one a PITA.

Bill, 33.2
Old 11-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #2307

Purchase price?

So we've really been looking at the 33.3. I have gotten quotes from 139k-156k. What do you think is a good selling price with trade?

We have a 2011 Jayco greyhawk that is loaded and mint that we are on the fence on whether to sell vs trade.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #2308

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
So we've really been looking at the 33.3. I have gotten quotes from 139k-156k. What do you think is a good selling price with trade?

We have a 2011 Jayco greyhawk that is loaded and mint that we are on the fence on whether to sell vs trade.
$ 145 k is with out a trade and the dealer can make a few bucks, so with a trade it depend if you own it out-rite or have a loan
Old 11-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #2309

Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
I never got the impression that there was anyone here anti-Thor. In fact there are at least two to three of us on here that are very much interested in buying a Palazzo. There isn't a more valued opinion than current owners when shopping new coaches. Damn dealers will tell you whatever you want to here to make a sale. I do appreciate all your time in answering my questions on here! Thanks
Sometimes I think a few negative posts can have have a bad influence on potential buyers. I know it almost did for me. Us satisfied owners need to be as vocal as those who are not.

We now have have almost 3,000 miles on our 2014 33.2 without any major problems. Yes, I have a baggy with about five screws in it and have found a place to actually put a couple, but I did that on my previous coach as well. I have tightened things up, secured a couple of cabinet doors, but ...

We love the floor plan, starting with the mid-entry door. The slide goes out and the slide comes back in. So does the awning. Frig is large and very cold. A/C makes the whole unit cold and the heater makes it warm and the bathroom toasty. If you are going to have toasty in cool weather that is where you want it. Generator turns on every time I push the button. I love the idea of the factory doing a post deliver inspection and plan on taking advantage of that in the spring. There are Freightliner locations up and down the interstate. So far we have only waived at them as we go by, but it is very comforting knowing they are there. The price was right.

We are very happy Palazzo campers.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #2310

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
Sometimes I think a few negative posts can have have a bad influence on potential buyers. I know it almost did for me. Us satisfied owners need to be as vocal as those who are not.

We now have have almost 3,000 miles on our 2014 33.2 without any major problems. Yes, I have a baggy with about five screws in it and have found a place to actually put a couple, but I did that on my previous coach as well. I have tightened things up, secured a couple of cabinet doors, but ...

We love the floor plan, starting with the mid-entry door. The slide goes out and the slide comes back in. So does the awning. Frig is large and very cold. A/C makes the whole unit cold and the heater makes it warm and the bathroom toasty. If you are going to have toasty in cool weather that is where you want it. Generator turns on every time I push the button. I love the idea of the factory doing a post deliver inspection and plan on taking advantage of that in the spring. There are Freightliner locations up and down the interstate. So far we have only waived at them as we go by, but it is very comforting knowing they are there. The price was right.

We are very happy Palazzo campers.
Thanks, for an enjoyable posting !!!!!!!!!
Safe Travels.......

Bill 33.2
Closed Thread