Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #2437

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
Agree. We had him also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldAero View Post
We also had Jim as our tech. He was great!
With all that work on you guys Palazzo's, no wonder he knew exactly what to do on mine

He said the sealing he had to do on the rear area of the coach for the soot intrusion was as bad as any he had seen. In fact they are checking for that problem on any of the DP coaches that come in no matter if the owner was complaining about it or not.

Bill
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2013, 10:53 PM   #2438

Almost got my coach back

Well our coach has been at the repair shop since Oct 14 to repair the slide and several other issues including the water in the cargo bay.
We received a call that all was done and we could pick her up this past Thursday, Nov 21.

They washed her and had her looking real nice. Everything on our list had been done or so we thought. The repair shop seemed to be very meticulous with our list.

The slide went in and out, sounded better than it had ever sounded. So we completed the paper work, hooked up the toad and left. We got about 10 miles from the shop when it started raining. Tried to turn on the wipers and they wouldn't work. Had to pull off the road. We called the repair shop and they sent the mechanic to rescue us. He worked on it for almost an hour and finally got them running, but said he didn't know how long they would continue to run. He suggested we go back to the shop and leave her again.

We got back to the shop and had the opportunity to check the cargo bay to see if they really had fixed the water issue. Nope - it was real wet after only a few minutes of driving in the rain.

We left with out the coach. She is back in the shop for the umteenth time..... She has spent more nights in the shop than we have had the pleasure of spending nights with her.

But we did have a visitation with her, albeit a short one. Got to take her for a spin and reconnect.......... Till our next visit... Maybe we can spend a little more time together next time.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:31 AM   #2439

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodburn View Post
Well our coach has been at the repair shop since Oct 14 to repair the slide and several other issues including the water in the cargo bay.
We received a call that all was done and we could pick her up this past Thursday, Nov 21.

They washed her and had her looking real nice. Everything on our list had been done or so we thought. The repair shop seemed to be very meticulous with our list.

The slide went in and out, sounded better than it had ever sounded. So we completed the paper work, hooked up the toad and left. We got about 10 miles from the shop when it started raining. Tried to turn on the wipers and they wouldn't work. Had to pull off the road. We called the repair shop and they sent the mechanic to rescue us. He worked on it for almost an hour and finally got them running, but said he didn't know how long they would continue to run. He suggested we go back to the shop and leave her again.

We got back to the shop and had the opportunity to check the cargo bay to see if they really had fixed the water issue. Nope - it was real wet after only a few minutes of driving in the rain.

We left with out the coach. She is back in the shop for the umteenth time..... She has spent more nights in the shop than we have had the pleasure of spending nights with her.

But we did have a visitation with her, albeit a short one. Got to take her for a spin and reconnect.......... Till our next visit... Maybe we can spend a little more time together next time.
Regarding water in the cargo bay the shop may be focusing on door seals and that is probably not the problem. As others and I have experienced, the cargo and other bays are not tightly sealed against the outside skin of the coach. This is not a problem when it is raining and standing still, but when driving in the rain or on wet pavement it gets pushed in. I used a caulking gun and outdoor silicon seal to resolve the problem on mine.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:03 AM   #2440

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Bill View Post
We just left the service center yesterday after spending a week there, while we didn't spend the nights there, others did and we're very happy.

We decided to stay In a local hotel because we had a couple of complicated time consuming things to be fixed and after a discussion with Steve the foremen it was decided they could do the job faster if they didn't have to reassemble the coach each night for us to sleep in.

It all worked out great, they did the upgrade to the slide and fixed the sealing problem around the engine in the bed area. Both jobs were handled perfectly by our tech, Jim.

We are down the road in Bowling Green KY tonight and the trip has proved that they fixed everything we asked for.

Bill
Good meeting you Bill. Enjoy the rest of your trip and drive safe!
Old 11-24-2013, 08:49 AM   #2441

Pls add me to your Palazzo owner's list:

dvillalo - 33.2

Thanks
David Villalobos
Aurora CO
Old 11-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #2442

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvillalo View Post
Pls add me to your Palazzo owner's list: dvillalo - 33.2 Thanks David Villalobos Aurora CO
Welcome aboard
Old 11-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #2443

Howdy from Texas !
Old 11-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #2444

Evergreen Owners Club
Great mpg. Just did small trip to west coast florida with toad 401 miles round trip. Cumputer dash gave me 11 mpg and when filling up i got 9.5 mpg. 42 gallons of fuel , i ran generator full time while driving plus a few hours of standing still . Happy camper
Old 11-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #2445

Quote:
Pls add me to your Palazzo owner's list: dvillalo - 33.2 Thanks David Villalobos Aurora CO
Hello and Welcome from South Louisiana .
Old 11-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #2446

Cargo bay leak issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodburn View Post

Greetings from Colorado, the mile high state!!! Sorry to hear you are having so many issues with your Palazzo. It certainly is frustrating to have a new coach and not being able to use and enjoy it. We hope all the issues get resolved for you quickly.

We also had water/rain issues in almost all of our cargo bays and especially the "mud room" by the entry steps. It always happened when driving in wet conditions, never while parked. To solve the problem I emptied all of the bays, cleaned them, and, like Jerry, caulked all corners and penetrations with a quality silicone caulking. Its best to a good thorough job first time around because new silicone applied over cured silicone does not always bond and seal well. I have eliminated about 95% of my leaks. I also adjusted some of the bay doors which were not closing tight and leaking around the gasket/seal.

Since caulking the bays we have also found that most of the road dust has also disappeared making the bays and contents easier to keep clean. Before our next trip I will go through the bays once again to hopefully eliminate remaining leak issues.

Best wishes on getting your coach home and out on the road again. Although we have also had some issues with our unit, we absolutely love traveling in it.

Regards,
Ed Starck
Old 11-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #2447

Quote:
Pls add me to your Palazzo owner's list:

dvillalo - 33.2

Thanks
David Villalobos
Aurora CO

Greetings from nearby Windsor, Colorado!!!

Good to have another Palazzo owner nearby , by rv standards anyway.

Regards,
Ed Starck
Old 11-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #2448

Great mpg also

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
Great mpg. Just did small trip to west coast florida with toad 401 miles round trip. Cumputer dash gave me 11 mpg and when filling up i got 9.5 mpg. 42 gallons of fuel , i ran generator full time while driving plus a few hours of standing still . Happy camper

Greetings from Colorful Colorado!!!

Great mpg also!! We just returned from a great two month road trip to the Thor Diesel Club rally in Goshen, Indiana. Great rally!!! We made a great trip loupe from another rally in southern Colorado through Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and, back to northern Colorado. Although we had a few "bumps in the road", it was a great trip. Traveled 3972 miles at 11.08 mpg with our GMC Canyon toad. I know a lot of the bigger rig owners sure envy the mpg we get.

We absolutely love traveling in our Palazzo!!!

Regards,
Ed Starck
Old 11-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #2449

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERStarck View Post
Greetings from Colorful Colorado!!! Great mpg also!! We just returned from a great two month road trip to the Thor Diesel Club rally in Goshen, Indiana. Great rally!!! We made a great trip loupe from another rally in southern Colorado through Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and, back to northern Colorado. Although we had a few "bumps in the road", it was a great trip. Traveled 3972 miles at 11.08 mpg with our GMC Canyon toad. I know a lot of the bigger rig owners sure envy the mpg we get. We absolutely love traveling in our Palazzo!!! Regards, Ed Starck
Thanks for your great report in your Palazzo.
Also, enjoyed chatting with you at the rally.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Bill & Dot
Old 11-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #2450

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERStarck View Post
Greetings from Colorful Colorado!!!

Great mpg also!! We just returned from a great two month road trip to the Thor Diesel Club rally in Goshen, Indiana. Great rally!!! We made a great trip loupe from another rally in southern Colorado through Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and, back to northern Colorado. Although we had a few "bumps in the road", it was a great trip. Traveled 3972 miles at 11.08 mpg with our GMC Canyon toad. I know a lot of the bigger rig owners sure envy the mpg we get.

We absolutely love traveling in our Palazzo!!!

Regards,
Ed Starck
great mpg's and nice trip , I would love to do a long trip like that