Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #2507

Concidering a dish, dont bother, more hassle than its worth, unless in your in the same spot and dont move, its a lot easier to use the rv roof mount tv
antenna, theres usually a ton of local astatioins, and there all crystal clear.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #2508

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Kuralt View Post
Concidering a dish, dont bother, more hassle than its worth, unless in your in the same spot and dont move, its a lot easier to use the rv roof mount tv
we have a in motion sat dish and it work's great cruising down the highway , keeping the wife and 5 year old entertained
Old 12-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #2509

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Kuralt View Post
If you are OK with over the air TV and camp near major population areas where you can get a wide range of channels then don't waste you money on a satellite. We love our satellite TV and do not care to watch 47 PBS channels, which is likely what you will get on your OTA TV antenna.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #2510

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
We use the genturi for tailgating at LSU. Very easy to install. You first need to remove the chrome tip from the exhaust pipe and slip their adapter over the tailpipe and tighten the the two nuts on the u bolt. The exhaust extension attaches with a pin and has 3 pieces that make it extend above the roof line. I know we have a built in co2 detector but I also plug one in and put it on the front dash and it has never detected anything and we stay for 3 days at a time at Tiger Stadium and never shut off the generator for those early september games.
where did you mount the support brackets on the side of the coach?
Old 12-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #2511

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbooth25 View Post
where did you mount the support brackets on the side of the coach?
Thanks for asking. I left out the most important part. I followed the directions and used the two metal pieces that have a loop on them and used the provided double sided tape and stuck them right below the palazzo name below the window. One of the exhaust pieces has two rubber bungee type cords with s hooks that attach to the two pieces you adhere to the coach. This takes the tension off the exhaust pipe and keeps it from swaying in the wind. I was pretty proud of my work until DW came outside and told me how stupid I was to stick those on the side of the coach when I could have used suction cups from harbor freight and stuck them on the window and not risk messing up the paint. so use suction cups instead.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #2512

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
Thanks for asking. I left out the most important part. I followed the directions and used the two metal pieces that have a loop on them and used the provided double sided tape and stuck them right below the palazzo name below the window. One of the exhaust pieces has two rubber bungee type cords with s hooks that attach to the two pieces you adhere to the coach. This takes the tension off the exhaust pipe and keeps it from swaying in the wind. I was pretty proud of my work until DW came outside and told me how stupid I was to stick those on the side of the coach when I could have used suction cups from harbor freight and stuck them on the window and not risk messing up the paint. so use suction cups instead.

I think I might use command hooks, I used them to hold up lights etc when decorating the coach for different events ( Christmas ) they just peel off and don't hurt any thing, I just purchased the gen-turi and also got the extension just in case, thought about using the window but then we wouldn't be able to open the window when generator is off, we use the ags to operate the generator saves on fuel
Old 12-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #2513

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We were going west (Dallas) area this past Thursday and decided to take a more southern route to avoid the ice storms. Well we missed the storms but not the after effects. We headed southwest toward Waco before turning back to a northwestern route. We made it to Stephenville, TX with moderate problems. The road was icy and slick for the last 30 or so miles. We got a site at the Lost Creek RV Park and set up for the night. Found out that we had no heat coming out of the furnace. That night it got down to about 19° F. I put the only space heater I had in the wet basement to keep the pipes from freezing and it actually worked well there. This was Friday night. It wasn't until today that the furnace started working again. Apparently there was some condensation in the lines that froze and prevented the gas from flowing.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #2514

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
We were going west (Dallas) area this past Thursday and decided to take a more southern route to avoid the ice storms. Well we missed the storms but not the after effects. We headed southwest toward Waco before turning back to a northwestern route. We made it to Stephenville, TX with moderate problems. The road was icy and slick for the last 30 or so miles. We got a site at the Lost Creek RV Park and set up for the night. Found out that we had no heat coming out of the furnace. That night it got down to about 19° F. I put the only space heater I had in the wet basement to keep the pipes from freezing and it actually worked well there. This was Friday night. It wasn't until today that the furnace started working again. Apparently there was some condensation in the lines that froze and prevented the gas from flowing.
Sorry to read about that. Have you given any thought to running the furnace while driving as many people do?
Old 12-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #2515

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Be sure to get the under carriage sprayed down well. The underside of these coach's aren't undercoated all that well and I've seen the after effects of road salt and it isn't pretty!
Old 12-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #2516

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Sorry to read about that. Have you given any thought to running the furnace while driving as many people do?

I did have the furnace on earlier that day and I don't remember turning it off.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #2517

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Sorry to hear it was so cold down there.
Was 76 here in Myrtle Beach. Just saying.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #2518

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
It's a balmy 47down here in Port Aransas on the gulf coast. We are going to head back to Tulsa around the18th or so...if the roads up there get better.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #2519

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Just curious as to where you put the space heater as there does not appear to be much room on either the driver side at water hookups or the passenger side near the water pump.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:48 PM   #2520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
I have been wondering if the big expansion with Thor moving some production to another plant and ramping up production so quickly has contributed to some of the quality issues we have been reading about. This may be something to consider in addition to the big depreciation hit. I also am happy with the smaller big slide that has worked perfectly so far and I prefer the bed orientation of the 33.1. Nobody has to walk around it in the middle of the night.

Best wishes with whatever you decide and keep us posted.
Well Jerry, I think we will keep what we have for now. Honestly I like our 33.1 better than I thought compared to the 35.1 after seeing a 360 degree of the inside. Seems like less kitchen countertops (the DW did not like that at all). It does have the King Bed,the drop down bunk,washer/dryer. But for the difference in the price it's not for us. I like our 33.1 just as much and also have the bugs worked out with it. We have only 3k on it now but we both are retiring the first of the year and plan on several trips in 2014.