Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #2521

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldAero View Post
Just curious as to where you put the space heater as there does not appear to be much room on either the driver side at water hookups or the passenger side near the water pump.

I have a short ceramic heater that I placed in the wet bay on the driver's side. I also turned on the lights in the wet bay and the one on the passenger's side in the pass through bay to be on the safe side. I placed the heater with the fan blowing toward the interior of the bay.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #2522

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
Sorry to hear it was so cold down there.
Was 76 here in Myrtle Beach. Just saying.
I wish that we were there instead of here. We start our return trip home tomorrow - hopefully in good weather.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:38 AM   #2523

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
We use the genturi for tailgating at LSU. Very easy to install. You first need to remove the chrome tip from the exhaust pipe and slip their adapter over the tailpipe and tighten the the two nuts on the u bolt. The exhaust extension attaches with a pin and has 3 pieces that make it extend above the roof line. I know we have a built in co2 detector but I also plug one in and put it on the front dash and it has never detected anything and we stay for 3 days at a time at Tiger Stadium and never shut off the generator for those early september games.
I use two suction cups from CW for my exhaust at football games. Works great, and come off easily.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #2524

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptschlep View Post
I use two suction cups from CW for my exhaust at football games. Works great, and come off easily.
I'll do the same next season with the suction cups or the command hooks that jimbooth25 suggested. Just bought a bottle of Goo Gone. While we are camping this weekend that will be one of my projects to remove the two sided tape and get the sticky junk off the coach.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #2525

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohnmiller View Post

Well Jerry, I think we will keep what we have for now. Honestly I like our 33.1 better than I thought compared to the 35.1 after seeing a 360 degree of the inside. Seems like less kitchen countertops (the DW did not like that at all). It does have the King Bed,the drop down bunk,washer/dryer. But for the difference in the price it's not for us. I like our 33.1 just as much and also have the bugs worked out with it. We have only 3k on it now but we both are retiring the first of the year and plan on several trips in 2014.
Enjoy your retirement and trips next year. We are planning on doing the same.
By the way, I like your color scheme and that is another thing that Thor should have retained.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #2526

Thor Owners Club
You can add us to the list. We just pulled the trigger on a 2014 33.2. We'll take delivery Dec. 27 (The Coach is now in Savannah). We look forward to interacting with the rest of the folks on the forum. We traded down from a 38' pusher back in January to a 24' Sprinter! Then DW retired... Now, with longer trips, we've found that the Sprinter gets smaller every day!

Hoping for the best with the Palazzo. Strangely enough, we saw one in Atlanta at the GoodSam rally and didn't realize at the time how much was included on the coach for the money!

I'll change my profile when we take delivery!!
Old 12-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #2527

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorgso View Post
You can add us to the list. We just pulled the trigger on a 2014 33.2. We'll take delivery Dec. 27 (The Coach is now in Savannah). We look forward to interacting with the rest of the folks on the forum. We traded down from a 38' pusher back in January to a 24' Sprinter! Then DW retired... Now, with longer trips, we've found that the Sprinter gets smaller every day!

Hoping for the best with the Palazzo. Strangely enough, we saw one in Atlanta at the GoodSam rally and didn't realize at the time how much was included on the coach for the money!

Welcome & greetings form the Colorado High Country!!!! Hope you enjoy your Palazzo 33.2 as we have the past year. Almost everyone seems to like the Palazzo model they have purchased. In that we enjoy trips which last for more than one month, having the washer and dryer is a requirement the DW insists upon.

We love traveling in our Palazzo!!!

Regards,
Ed Starck
Old 12-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #2528

Quote:
You can add us to the list. We just pulled the trigger on a 2014 33.2. We'll take delivery Dec. 27 (The Coach is now in Savannah). We look forward to interacting with the rest of the folks on the forum. We traded down from a 38' pusher back in January to a 24' Sprinter! Then DW retired... Now, with longer trips, we've found that the Sprinter gets smaller every day! Hoping for the best with the Palazzo. Strangely enough, we saw one in Atlanta at the GoodSam rally and didn't realize at the time how much was included on the coach for the money! I'll change my profile when we take delivery!!
Welcome aboard!

The DW and I did much the same trading from a Winnebago Via to a 33.2. What a difference. We now have about 3,700 trouble free miles on it, with our first big trip scheduled for after it thaws out up north. Can't wait.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #2529

Quote:
You can add us to the list. We just pulled the trigger on a 2014 33.2. We'll take delivery Dec. 27 (The Coach is now in Savannah). We look forward to interacting with the rest of the folks on the forum. We traded down from a 38' pusher back in January to a 24' Sprinter! Then DW retired... Now, with longer trips, we've found that the Sprinter gets smaller every day! Hoping for the best with the Palazzo. Strangely enough, we saw one in Atlanta at the GoodSam rally and didn't realize at the time how much was included on the coach for the money! I'll change my profile when we take delivery!!
Welcome to the Palazzo family! Looking forward to,hearing about your experiences!
Old 12-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #2530

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Got and installed the gen-turi system today, took about 10 min. Max to install, I will be buying a second support for the top area I didn't like the amount of wobble it had in it when the wind blew. I also added an 18" extension to it to get it up and over the roof line, without it it was about 1-2" above the roof/ side of coach. It breaks down into sections and comes with a bag for storage/travel

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3437971834.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	429.4 KB
ID:	51923
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2820723421.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	501.0 KB
ID:	51918   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1633149300.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	424.6 KB
ID:	51919  

Name:	image-1428119736.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	411.7 KB
ID:	51920   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2519905092.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	427.1 KB
ID:	51921  

Name:	image-2923576391.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	452.9 KB
ID:	51922  
Old 12-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #2531

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
looks great !! I haven't used my 18" extension yet.. like you said it sways a bit with it on there. I'm done with mine until next football season and I'll try to brace it more too.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #2532

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
THank you , I just ordered a Blue ox trucenter and I should have it installed in a few week's , I think this will take care of the crown and wind problem

mike
just had the install done today , and it doe's help quite a bit from what i can tell so far , I didn't have much driving to realy feel it out .

it make's the steering a little tighter from the start that in in self is a plus.

once you push button in to set , it take's the strong back and forth pull away from what I can tell on this first test drive with it " just from install back to storage " i will be doing around 1200 mile's at the and of this month so that should be a good test .
I think from what I have driven this will be a winner for us newbee's that aren't used to the back and forth and strong grip driving

I will update after trip

mike
Old 12-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #2533

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

Welcome to the group of Palazzo owners from a nearby neighbor in Jamestown, NC.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #2534

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:

Congrat's