Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 07:39 PM   #2647

Thor Owners Club
Lastly, the little things I would change...

The light switches in both our half bath and full bath are located far down the wall, away from the entry. Makes it hard to reach in the dark. Maybe adding a lighted switch here might help if it can't be placed closer to the doorway.

In our bedroom there is a wall plate with three switches, all unlabeled. Two are for lights and the third is the bedroom slide. I am always hitting the slide switch by accident. Again, a lighted switch for the lights might be helpful when reaching for them in the dark.

The bathroom faucets are ridiculous. Hard to wash your hands in a sink where the water runs down the back side of the sink. Changing these out is my next project.

The speakers over the bed in the bedroom are tied to the Jensen radio in the front dash. There is no way to turn these off if the radio is on. These speakers would better served if they were tied to the television in the bedroom. With both slides out (at least in the 36.1) the television can be hard to hear, especially if the washer and/or dryer are running. The speakers over the bed would allow for better TV listening. Why have speakers for a radio you can't control from that location?

Dimmer switches or softer lights over the bed would be nice, too. No one likes a harsh light in their face!

Our dinette seat cushions do not have any velcro, nor do they contain any storage beneath them. The wood is screwed down even though there are black pull tabs in place. The cushions just sit on top of the wood and are not secure. They slide all over the place, even when we're sitting on them. I will have to get some industrial velcro to secure them.

There is no lighting in the wardrobes in the bedroom, nor in the pantry. While the pantry is very narrow in width, it is very deep. I have to use a flashlight to help locate the items in the rear. I am thinking that maybe some small puck lights attached to the side wall might help.

I don't have much kitchen drawer space since I had an oven put in. I love my gas oven, but I do wish I had more drawers. I currently have three very narrow drawers, about 8" wide at the most.

I'm not a fan of the double, plastic kitchen sink. I wish I could find a single bowl sink with the same shape that I could replace it with.

The owner's manual could use a major overhaul, starting with the addition of valid, useful and detailed information. A perfect example is trying to winterize based on the instructions in the manual. No further comment needed there!

While we all have things we'd love to change and improve, I have to say that I really do love my Palazzo. It has a super smooth drive and handles well. I feel free and happy when I am driving her and just looking at her from afar puts a big smile on my face!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2014, 07:54 PM   #2648

Thor Owners Club
Forgot to mention something that happened on our drive home yesterday. I was driving at 65mph on I95 when all of a sudden my dashboard beeped and died. All the lights came on at once (same as when you first turn the ignition on), then all the dials went haywire, the DEF light flashed red and then everything turned off for a second and then came back on. The only thing that didn't come back on was the cruise control which had been running at the time. We immediately called FL and they said there is some kind of short to the dash electronics.

Well, I about had a heart attack! I had no idea what was going on and it really frightened me. Anyone else have this problem? They told me I have to take it in to FL to have it checked out. It also started pulling to the right after this incident. I can't help but wonder if it is related or just a coincidence. Any ideas?
Old 01-02-2014, 07:19 AM   #2649

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
Forgot to mention something that happened on our drive home yesterday. I was driving at 65mph on I95 when all of a sudden my dashboard beeped and died. All the lights came on at once (same as when you first turn the ignition on), then all the dials went haywire, the DEF light flashed red and then everything turned off for a second and then came back on. The only thing that didn't come back on was the cruise control which had been running at the time. We immediately called FL and they said there is some kind of short to the dash electronics. Well, I about had a heart attack! I had no idea what was going on and it really frightened me. Anyone else have this problem? They told me I have to take it in to FL to have it checked out. It also started pulling to the right after this incident. I can't help but wonder if it is related or just a coincidence. Any ideas?
Same thing happened to us. Rough area of interstate and dash quit. Started to look for an area to pull off but couldn't. Everything came back on and hasn't repeated. Called and was told it was probably a loose connection. Talk about an adrenalin rush!
Old 01-02-2014, 07:48 AM   #2650

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin Kid View Post
Same thing happened to us. Rough area of interstate and dash quit. Started to look for an area to pull off but couldn't. Everything came back on and hasn't repeated. Called and was told it was probably a loose connection. Talk about an adrenalin rush!
Let us know if you ever find what was loose. Definitely a scary situation.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:08 AM   #2651

Anyone pulling a pickup truck? If so, can you share type of truck, and how it is going? Thinking of buying a Ford F150, or new Silverado. Thanks,
Old 01-02-2014, 08:45 AM   #2652

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptschlep View Post
Anyone pulling a pickup truck? If so, can you share type of truck, and how it is going? Thinking of buying a Ford F150, or new Silverado. Thanks,
I think that jimbooth25 tows a F150.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:53 AM   #2653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
Forgot to mention something that happened on our drive home yesterday. I was driving at 65mph on I95 when all of a sudden my dashboard beeped and died. All the lights came on at once (same as when you first turn the ignition on), then all the dials went haywire, the DEF light flashed red and then everything turned off for a second and then came back on. The only thing that didn't come back on was the cruise control which had been running at the time. We immediately called FL and they said there is some kind of short to the dash electronics. Well, I about had a heart attack! I had no idea what was going on and it really frightened me. Anyone else have this problem? They told me I have to take it in to FL to have it checked out. It also started pulling to the right after this incident. I can't help but wonder if it is related or just a coincidence. Any ideas?
Mine did the same thing during a trip in South Dakota when I had maybe 5,000 mile on it. The dash lights flashes 3 or 4 times. The check engine light came on and stayed on. I stopped at a rest area and shut the coach down. Started it back up and all lights worked fine & check engine light was off. ??

When I had the coach in for service they wanted extra $100 to see what the check engine light was. I said I'd just wait till it does it again. It's been 15,000 mile and never done it again. ??

Russell
Old 01-02-2014, 10:02 AM   #2654

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post

When I had the coach in for service they wanted extra $100 to see what the check engine light was. I said I'd just wait till it does it again. It's been 15,000 mile and never done it again. ??

Russell
You can look up stored codes on your information center. You can't wait more than a week or so because they expire and get erased.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
Old 01-02-2014, 02:00 PM   #2655

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am thinking of towing a f150 but have to buy a new one my 2007 can not be towed unless I put it on a trailer, was told the new explorers, expeditions, and f150s including the raptures can be towed 4 down but make sure you get the correct transmission/ transfer case setup
Old 01-02-2014, 02:01 PM   #2656

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Right now I tow a jeep wrangler and might just hold out to see what the new 2015 bronco that ford is bringing out can do
Old 01-02-2014, 02:23 PM   #2657

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Walker View Post
You can look up stored codes on your information center. You can't wait more than a week or so because they expire and get erased.
How does one go about checking for stored codes? I'd love to see what's on there, especially after the dash went out.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:35 PM   #2658

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbooth25 View Post
Right now I tow a jeep wrangler and might just hold out to see what the new 2015 bronco that ford is bringing out can do
They say that Chevrolet is returning the 4 door 4 X 4 Colorado pick up this year and it will be towable

Russell
Old 01-02-2014, 02:38 PM   #2659

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptschlep View Post
The FMCA towing guide just came out today. Good place to check.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:50 PM   #2660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
The FMCA towing guide just came out today. Good place to check.
Got mine in the mail a couple days ago. I saw that in there. The DW was wanting a new small Chev. It was one of two Chev that was not towable. Man I hate that. Ha

Russell
Closed Thread