Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 11:57 AM   #2731

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridinbear View Post
In reference to the time to fill the FW tank: time to fill could be related to the overflow being pinched. Water going into tank requires air to leave the same space. When filling try opening sink faucets with pump off. My water fillup seemed slow also but my overflow does work but may be to small for incoming water volume.
I'll give that a try. Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2014, 12:02 PM   #2732

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin Kid View Post
Headed South with no particular destination. Anywhere it is warmer than Ohio.
Understand that. Our destination will be Quartzsite. Then. Barstow cal. Death Valley. And hope to get back an walk to the bottom of the Grand Canyon (getting old. Hope I didn't wait too long)
Old 01-11-2014, 01:59 PM   #2733

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
Has anyone used a Dish Tailgater with their Palazzo?
Yes, we bought one for our 36.1. We ended up selling it and buying a Winegard Pathway X2 and that's what we use now. I'll be happy to answer any Dish Tailgater questions, if you like.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:01 PM   #2734

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcsurf1 View Post
Here's one for you. What is the switch in the rear bathroom on the 36.1 next to toilet? I thought it was a water pump switch but it's not.
We have it in the same place in our 36.1, too. I learned what that was from the generous members of this forum! It's the engine block heater. Strange place for it, isn't it?
Old 01-11-2014, 02:17 PM   #2735

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
Yes, we bought one for our 36.1. We ended up selling it and buying a Winegard Pathway X2 and that's what we use now. I'll be happy to answer any Dish Tailgater questions, if you like.
I guess the biggest question is why did you switch? We are looking at the Tailgater because we already have Dish.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:08 PM   #2736

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
The rear slide out on ours does not close properly at the bottom. I can put my hand in between the side wall and the slide out fascia/weather seal at the bottom. The top closes fine. Later we came to find out that the bottom of the slide out hit's the bed frame. Thor says the bed frame needs to be moved to allow the slide out to fully close.

My bedroom slide, which has probably not been opened more than a dozen times since we've owned our coach, recently started to snap, crackle and pop.

Our full wall slide doesn't close in all the way, with one corner not coming in flush all the way like the rest. Also loosens when driving. Mine has an Aug. 2013 manufacture date.

Ideally, the full wall slide (as least on my 36.1) should be split in half and operate as two independent slides instead of one long one. I, too, will be Elkhart bound as soon as winter dies down a bit.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #2737

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Positive thing. Checking and airing the rear duals isn't bad. The front tires on the other hand are a PITA. I took a length of vinyl tubing that snugly fits over the valve stem cap and inserted a section of dowel into the tubing making it rigid and gives me a handle. I can now use this to reach in and remove the valve cap and then reinstall it after checking the pressure. My fingers don't fit well into the opening. Have dropped the cap and had to remove the wheel cover to retrieve it.
I had to put valve extenders on my front tires in order to put a TPMS on. What a pain in the butt to get to them otherwise. I cut my hands up pretty badly, too.

Unfortunately, I've found them leaking recently. They are the short, straight metal variety and not the flexible type like the inner duals have. My inner duals (factory installed by Thor) have also lost a significant amount of air while the other tires did not. I suspect all valve extenders may have a tendency to do that.

If anyone has any suggestions of fixes, please do share.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:25 PM   #2738

Quote:
I had to put valve extenders on my front tires in order to put a TPMS on. What a pain in the butt to get to them otherwise. I cut my hands up pretty badly, too. Unfortunately, I've found them leaking recently. They are the short, straight metal variety and not the flexible type like the inner duals have. My inner duals (factory installed by Thor) have also lost a significant amount of air while the other tires did not. I suspect all valve extenders may have a tendency to do that. If anyone has any suggestions of fixes, please do share.
On my last RV I had extenders put on. They broke all six tires down and put new one piece tire stems on. You can buy all different size & type stems. My tire company found ones that were bent right and the right length for my rims.

Anything that is two piece just give one more place to loose air.

Russell
Old 01-11-2014, 03:31 PM   #2739

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
I guess the biggest question is why did you switch? We are looking at the Tailgater because we already have Dish.
The Pathway X2 allows you to use two separate receivers at the same time, independently of each other. We can watch Sat TV in our bedroom while our son watches a different Sat channel up front. We also have Dish Network. The X2 is specific to Dish. It won't work with Direct TV. The X2 can see more Dish Network satellites at one time. It moves automatically to increase reception. It is about 20% larger in size than the Tailgater but not necessarily heavier.

Other than that, the Tailgater does what it's designed to do, and it works well, so long as you only use a single receiver. One advantage of the Tailgater is that because it is self contained, it doesn't need free space around it. The antenna is housed inside the case. The X2 casing moves around so you can't have anything leaning on it or sitting on top of it.

Both of these are better than a roof mounted antenna. No worries about tree cover. Only cloud cover can interfere, but you can always pick it up and move it over to a different spot.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:41 PM   #2740

Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I am very sorry to hear about your problems with the large slide. And I was deluding myself thinking they had fixed the problem with the 2014 model! Obviously not. So far, I have not had any problems with the the slides, but I have not used them more than 15 times. I will hold my breath from now on when I will use them again, sometimes in the spring. It seems to me that this is a classical case when there should be a recall from Thor and fix all the units out there, no matter the vintage. Obviously 2014 is not immune.
Mauro
2014 Palazzo 33.2
2014 Jeep Cherokee
Old 01-11-2014, 04:15 PM   #2741

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
I am very sorry to hear about your problems with the large slide. And I was deluding myself thinking they had fixed the problem with the 2014 model! Obviously not. So far, I have not had any problems with the the slides, but I have not used them more than 15 times. I will hold my breath from now on when I will use them again, sometimes in the spring. It seems to me that this is a classical case when there should be a recall from Thor and fix all the units out there, no matter the vintage. Obviously 2014 is not immune. Mauro 2014 Palazzo 33.2 2014 Jeep Cherokee
Exactly. It a classic case where a company knows from the first unit that they have a problem and keeps on cranking them out without addressing the problem at the build point !!!

Russell
Old 01-11-2014, 04:41 PM   #2742

Quote:
Other than that, the Tailgater does what it's designed to do, and it works well, so long as you only use a single receiver. One advantage of the Tailgater is that because it is self contained, it doesn't need free space around it.
Do you hook up through the cable connection. I was anticipating I could do so by moving the input from the BOMB to the Dish receiver and then connecting the receiver to the a BOMB. Does that work?
Old 01-11-2014, 04:53 PM   #2743

Thor Owners Club
Got a late start out of Columbus, OH, down I-71 to I-75. Stopped for the night near Georgetown, KY. Wind was brutal all the way. The wind is around 30 mph tonight, very noisy, and rocking the coach. Hope it dies down for the drive tomorrow.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:03 PM   #2744

Quote:
Got a late start out of Columbus, OH, down I-71 to I-75. Stopped for the night near Georgetown, KY. Wind was brutal all the way. The wind is around 30 mph tonight, very noisy, and rocking the coach. Hope it dies down for the drive tomorrow.
Ya we had 40mph gust here. Would not be fun in rv. Did 55 mile mph in Wyoming once. Takes all the enjoyment out of the trip. Enjoy your trip

Russell
Closed Thread