Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 09:20 PM   #2787

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPCruzer View Post

My tank fill takes about the same time. I belive the filter is what makes it slow. If remember correctly, the filter is rated at 1 gpm, so about 90 min. to fill.
Excellent point.
Someone was asking about filter size. I saw today on my 33.1 it has a #8 FloPur.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2014, 09:30 PM   #2788

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin Kid View Post
Coach was stored in a heated area and filled while inside. Getting the "sweet spot" for filling is touchy. Why didn't they have a detent for that position?
Mine doe have a detent. But it's hard to read the writing on the 4 positions.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:33 PM   #2789

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
We all benefit from our personal experiences and from others who post here. So, here goes... 1st: Woke up this a.m. to 32 degree weather and no "city water". Went outside to check and found the water pressure regulator was frozen (brass is a great conductor). Park warned us that the pressure was 70 psi, and not to worry as the temperature wasn't going to be low enough to worry. 2nd: Getting ready to pull out, started the engine to warm up a little. Had used the engine heater since the temp had dropped. Went to retract the slides and they wouldn't work. Called Thor (forgot it was Sunday), left a message. Checked the fuses, OK. Shut the engine OFF to wait for the tech to call. I immediately thought DUH! Yep, the slides won't operate with the ignition ON. I knew that but it took a while to sink in. I share this so you can have a chuckle on me :-)
Yup....been there done that. But it will happen again!
Old 01-12-2014, 09:35 PM   #2790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Excellent point. Someone was asking about filter size. I saw today on my 33.1 it has a #8 FloPur.
So does the inlet water go thru the filter before or after the holding tank?? I m not sure as I had my filter removed before delivery.

As I reported earlier I filled mine (90 gal) in 19 minutes today. Real important to get the valve just right. If off any it will restrict the flow.

Russell
Old 01-12-2014, 09:41 PM   #2791

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batten54 View Post
Mine doe have a detent. But it's hard to read the writing on the 4 positions.
I took a black magic marker and lettered it in large letters so I can read it. Lol
Old 01-13-2014, 06:26 AM   #2792

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
I took a black magic marker and lettered it in large letters so I can read it. Lol
I used a black marker on the lettering. White on white is lousy for reading. Can read them now but getting the valve in the right position as there isn't a position detent that will click.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:38 AM   #2793

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
I understand your frustration but you can't BASH all Palazzo's for a lemon or 2 There are alot more happy camper's then not from all the post I read mike
Ditto
Old 01-13-2014, 07:46 AM   #2794

Quote:
We all benefit from our personal experiences and from others who post here. So, here goes... 1st: Woke up this a.m. to 32 degree weather and no "city water". Went outside to check and found the water pressure regulator was frozen (brass is a great conductor). Park warned us that the pressure was 70 psi, and not to worry as the temperature wasn't going to be low enough to worry. 2nd: Getting ready to pull out, started the engine to warm up a little. Had used the engine heater since the temp had dropped. Went to retract the slides and they wouldn't work. Called Thor (forgot it was Sunday), left a message. Checked the fuses, OK. Shut the engine OFF to wait for the tech to call. I immediately thought DUH! Yep, the slides won't operate with the ignition ON. I knew that but it took a while to sink in. I share this so you can have a chuckle on me :-)
Well now I know I am not alone.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:52 AM   #2795

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridinbear View Post
Well now I know I am not alone.
Ya for sure not the Lone Stranger. But you in with a mighty fine group. Lol
Old 01-13-2014, 07:56 AM   #2796

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
I too have tried to retract the slides with the engine running.... And the awning too..... And had the duh huh moment
DUH Moments! Previous coach was a FR Solera; it had one slide on driver side. We park our coach under a shed and usually leave slide out so SWMBO can load and unload unencumbered. Some time back we were getting ready for a trip... coach was loaded, watered up and ready to go. I unplugged, did my walk around, fired it up and pulled out from under the shed. I drove to the end of the driveway (probably 100') before I bothered looking in a rear view mirror, and there it was... proud as you please, the slide was out. Hadn't paid it any attention during my walk around! Fortunately no damage.

They interlock the slide so you can't move it in or out with engine running. I wish they would interlock the ignition so you can't fire it up with slide(s) out!
Old 01-13-2014, 08:03 AM   #2797

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridinbear View Post
Ditto
If only Thor could make this right... I'd stop complaining. We are going on over 60 days without our Palazzo. It was parked in our yard for 1 week after we took it home.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:03 AM   #2798

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
I suggest that you do your PDI (pre-delivery inspection) prior to signing the purchase paperwork. If you wait until after you legally own it you have purchased any problems you discover during the PDI, including any slide issues. There have been a number of folks on this WEB get stuck in this situation and some have lived to regret their decision.

Good luck and hopefully welcome to the Palazzo family!
Thanks. Plus planning to go to the dealer with out our trade in. Figure that way we are not rushed. Even thou CW is an hour from here, figure may give me more leverage to have any issues take care of before hitting the road. As it is, I think I am breaking a rule, YOUR FIRST voyage you should just have a break in weekend. FMCA rally in March might be pushing it. Thanks again
Old 01-13-2014, 08:16 AM   #2799

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Welcome.
If you have not done so already please please pleas read ALL the posts in this and other Palazzo threads.
If you have not already picked it up do a thorough PDI and test everything. Don't take anyone's word or just a description of how it works. My PDI took almost 2 days.
Make sure before operating slides that the coach is level and you have full power.
Agree. I have been remembering my first PDI about five years ago. Excited about my 32' class c. Paper work, all the stuff to take it. It was also this time of the year. The dealer ship (not whom I am dealing with this time) suggested that I not have the water system tested, because we would then need to winterize it. I never had a problem with the water, but if I had, bad on me.
I plan to move much slower. Take my time. Going to also leave friends home. Focus only on the inspection. Thanks
Old 01-13-2014, 08:55 AM   #2800

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
If only Thor could make this right... I'd stop complaining. We are going on over 60 days without our Palazzo. It was parked in our yard for 1 week after we took it home.
I feel you. I'm sure it's been over 60 days for us...it's at the dealership now.
When our big slide went out in Aug. we were up in OR visiting friends. We cut our trip short and still lived in it for two weeks with the slide blocked in. Not fun. That was after the dashboard went out driving down the interstate. And before the engine quit driving down I40 in NM and we had to coast to the side of the road. Yup the slide broke again, snapped off the mounting bolt for the motor. And the list goes on...and on...and on. Add to that is the horrendous way it handles on the road with a slight bit of wind. I think we will look into a different coach. One with tag axel, longer wheelbase, heavier, and a MUCH better track record in the quality control department.
Closed Thread