Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-16-2014, 05:19 PM   #29

Rally

Gary,

Count us in. Do we have to reserve the whole week?
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2014, 06:15 PM   #30

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
Gary,

Count us in. Do we have to reserve the whole week?
When this thread was first started, I was attempting to get spots for all the Palazzo owners close to each other. Once I called Ocean Lakes I found that I could not do that and everyone would have to call and make their own reservations. I was just trying to facilitate a group of us but it didn't work out. Hope to see and meet you there.

Gary
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:09 PM   #31

Gary,

I picked one of the sites from the TDC web page list. We have HH48. Hope to see everyone there!
Old 01-16-2014, 07:57 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
When this thread was first started, I was attempting to get spots for all the Palazzo owners close to each other. Once I called Ocean Lakes I found that I could not do that and everyone would have to call and make their own reservations. I was just trying to facilitate a group of us but it didn't work out. Hope to see and meet you there.

Gary
Greetings from the Colorado High Country!!!! Unfortunately this has taken a whole new meaning since the legalization ???? of marijuana in our state. DW & I will be attending the TDC rally in Ocean Lakes campground in April (site HH17). In that this is not a short trip for us we are making it a real rally trip. Plan on attending the March FMCA rally in Perry, Georgia and following that event we will attend the FCOC (Freightliner) rally in Northern Georgia. Looking forward to getting out of the Colorado cold weather, meeting many Palazzo owners, seeing friends from the Thor Diesel Club, and just enjoying being on the road again. In that Thor has changed color schemes so much on the Palazzos, we will probably look old with our Cinnamon Shore colors. Oh well we still love our Palazzo!!!! Regards, E.R. Starck
ERStarck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:04 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERStarck View Post

Greetings from the Colorado High Country!!!! Unfortunately this has taken a whole new meaning since the legalization ???? of marijuana in our state. DW & I will be attending the TDC rally in Ocean Lakes campground in April (site HH17). In that this is not a short trip for us we are making it a real rally trip. Plan on attending the March FMCA rally in Perry, Georgia and following that event we will attend the FCOC (Freightliner) rally in Northern Georgia. Looking forward to getting out of the Colorado cold weather, meeting many Palazzo owners, seeing friends from the Thor Diesel Club, and just enjoying being on the road again. In that Thor has changed color schemes so much on the Palazzos, we will probably look old with our Cinnamon Shore colors. Oh well we still love our Palazzo!!!! Regards, E.R. Starck
With RKNOLA in 18 and me in 19 we will make a strong showing for the best color scheme- Cinnamon Shore!
Let me know if you want suggestions on places to visit between rally's. I will start with the Freightliner factory in Gaffney so you can See how your chassis was built.

Yes, recent events have certainly made the John Denver song Rocky Mountain High even more appropriate than when I went to grad school in Boulder.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:28 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
Though I would start a thread with those who will be attending the TDC Rally in April 2014 at Ocean Lakes Campground in Myrtle Beach. I am going to try and get our MHs all together at the rally. If you are going email me your name, address telephone number so I can get our spots. Once I call the campground with our group number, each of you will need to call the campground and make a deposit for the site. My email address is gmadams (at) triad dot rr dot com.

Here is the list of those attending:

gmadams - 33.1 Galleria
Butte64 - 33.1 Cinnamon Shore
tcopeland - 33.1 Galleria
SteelerFan22 - 33.1 Galleria
Luvrkds - 33.2 Galleria
RKNOLA - 33.2 Cinnamon Shore
TheArnolds - 33.1 Galleria

Please add us to the list. We have HH40 reserved
TK IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:18 AM   #35

Thor Owners Club
Attending Rally

Just made my reservation. I am assigned site HH25. Looking forward to this rally!
Don Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:37 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
With RKNOLA in 18 and me in 19 we will make a strong showing for the best color scheme- Cinnamon Shore!
Let me know if you want suggestions on places to visit between rally's. I will start with the Freightliner factory in Gaffney so you can See how your chassis was built.

Yes, recent events have certainly made the John Denver song Rocky Mountain High even more appropriate than when I went to grad school in Boulder.
We have been really pleased with the Cinnamon Shore color. It doesn't show the dirt as bad and I think the lighter color keeps it cooler in the Summer.
I just hope Thor never changes "Palazzo" written under the driver's and passenger window. It makes it so much easier to spot other Palazzo owners on the road.
We are still trying to decide if we want to bring the Toad. We have never been to one of these Rallys so I don't know how busy they keep you.
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:18 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
We have been really pleased with the Cinnamon Shore color. It doesn't show the dirt as bad and I think the lighter color keeps it cooler in the Summer.
I just hope Thor never changes "Palazzo" written under the driver's and passenger window. It makes it so much easier to spot other Palazzo owners on the road.
We are still trying to decide if we want to bring the Toad. We have never been to one of these Rallys so I don't know how busy they keep you.
RKNOLA,

You will want to bring something to drive. Myrtle Beach has so much to offer from the shopping to the restaurants and attractions. If anything, a drive down the Myrtle beach strip is a treat. They have Broadway on the Beach, Barefoot landing, Hard Rock and Riply's aquarium. Ocean lakes, the Rally and the beach would only be one quarter of the experience! I can promise you though... you will not want to drive the Palazzo down the MB strip. Bring your toad.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:22 AM   #38

Quote:
RKNOLA,

You will want to bring something to drive. Myrtle Beach has so much to offer from the shopping to the restaurants and attractions. If anything, a drive down the Myrtle beach strip is a treat. They have Broadway on the Beach, Barefoot landing, Hard Rock and Riply's aquarium. Ocean lakes, the Rally and the beach would only be one quarter of the experience! I can promise you though... you will not want to drive the Palazzo down the MB strip. Bring your toad.
P.S. River Street Sweets has the BEST Pralines on the planet. I buy almost 5 pounds of it every time I go to Myrtle Beach...LOL
Old 01-17-2014, 11:25 AM   #39

Speaking of which... I need to hurry up and get my Palazzo back so I can wire the brake controller for my 2014 Jeep Wrangler toad. Who has any experience with how that is done on the Palazzo? We might want to start a new tread about this unless there is already one and I have missed it.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:16 PM   #40

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Speaking of which... I need to hurry up and get my Palazzo back so I can wire the brake controller for my 2014 Jeep Wrangler toad. Who has any experience with how that is done on the Palazzo? We might want to start a new tread about this unless there is already one and I have missed it.
Sorry I have a Ready Brute Elite with a surge brake.
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:25 PM   #41

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
We have been really pleased with the Cinnamon Shore color. It doesn't show the dirt as bad and I think the lighter color keeps it cooler in the Summer. I just hope Thor never changes "Palazzo" written under the driver's and passenger window. It makes it so much easier to spot other Palazzo owners on the road. We are still trying to decide if we want to bring the Toad. We have never been to one of these Rallys so I don't know how busy they keep you.
We have 13000+ miles, two trips out west. Yet to see another Palazzo on the road.
Saw one at a CG in Virginia but no home.
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:28 PM   #42

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post

We have 13000+ miles, two trips out west. Yet to see another Palazzo on the road.
Saw one at a CG in Virginia but no home.
Plenty of Palazzo's here at the Tampa show.
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally