RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-22-2014, 01:22 PM   #57
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Pearl River, La.
Posts: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Received a call today from the Rally Master, Gene Turner to brief me on how the rally arrangements are coming along. Gene will be emailing me some details and when he does I will share with everyone. Gene did say that we expect the rally fee to be in the $100 per person range plus green fees for the golf outing and there will be an extra charge for anyone that attends a scheduled evening event.

Gene is not a golfer therefore he requested that I head this up. Gene is in discussions with a golf course to arrange some discounts and I will let you know when I have more information.
There is a Camping World nearby and we are talking to them to see about getting them to bring a coach or two for display.

There will be some seminars but I do not know the subjects at this time.
As many of you already know there are tons of activities in the Myrtle Beach area and there will be time in the schedule to do some things on your own.

As information become available I will let you know.

So, when you say: "The rally fee is $100 per person" what all does that cover? We have already made our reservation at Ocean Lakes. How far away is the rally?
__________________
Rick and Karen
2018 Berkshire XL 40C
2011 Honda CRV
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2014, 01:34 PM   #58
Senior Member
 
Palazzoblues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
So, when you say: "The rally fee is $100 per person" what all does that cover? We have already made our reservation at Ocean Lakes. How far away is the rally?
I've never been to a Rally either. What does the cost cover? I saw something about a golf outing. Myrtle Beach is definitely the place for that. However, I don't golf so I will not partake in those activities.
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:37 PM   #59
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,454
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
So, when you say: "The rally fee is $100 per person" what all does that cover? We have already made our reservation at Ocean Lakes. How far away is the rally?
Each person is responsible for their own campground fee and above this there will be a per person rally fee estimated to be $100 at this time. This is typical of other TDC rallies in the past and is a price target that we try not to exceed. The Rally fee will cover most meals (Catered Breakfast & Dinner) for most days plus some entertainment. There may be some charge from the campground for the use of meeting spaces?

As I stated before there will be extra cost for those who wish to participate in the golf outing plus an evening event is being discussed, I think it is “The Carolina Opry” but do hold me to it. Gene read me the draft agenda over the phone but I was driving and unable to take notes so I am operating from memory…not a good thing! I will have a more complete picture as soon as he emails me the information we discussed and I will share with everyone.

One more thing to note. Thor provides sponsorship for our rallies, monetary as well as sending representatives to give seminars and talk with the owner’s one on one. Thor’s monetary support helps us to keep the per person fee low.

More information to follow.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:56 PM   #60
Senior Member
 
Palazzoblues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Each person is responsible for their own campground fee and above this there will be a per person rally fee estimated to be $100 at this time. This is typical of other TDC rallies in the past and is a price target that we try not to exceed. The Rally fee will cover most meals (Catered Breakfast & Dinner) for most days plus some entertainment. There may be some charge from the campground for the use of meeting spaces?

As I stated before there will be extra cost for those who wish to participate in the golf outing plus an evening event is being discussed, I think it is “The Carolina Opry” but do hold me to it. Gene read me the draft agenda over the phone but I was driving and unable to take notes so I am operating from memory…not a good thing! I will have a more complete picture as soon as he emails me the information we discussed and I will share with everyone.

One more thing to note. Thor provides sponsorship for our rallies, monetary as well as sending representatives to give seminars and talk with the owner’s one on one. Thor’s monetary support helps us to keep the per person fee low.

More information to follow.
Well, I think my interest has just shifted from attending a "Rally" to just going to Myrtle beach and having a good time with my family. I hate to rain on your parade, but if I have to pay any additional fee to attend a "Rally" where all I'd like to do is meet other Palazzo owners, than no thank you. I can't be there the entire week anyway. I guess anytime the word "Rally" comes up, it means an entrance fee. I will remember that next time.
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:03 PM   #61
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,454
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
Well, I think my interest has just shifted from attending a "Rally" to just going to Myrtle beach and having a good time with my family. I hate to rain on your parade, but if I have to pay any additional fee to attend a "Rally" where all I'd like to do is meet other Palazzo owners, than no thank you. I can't be there the entire week anyway. I guess anytime the word "Rally" comes up, it means an entrance fee. I will remember that next time.
I am sorry you feel that way. It makes no difference if it is a TDC Rally or a Good Sam Rally or a Freightliner Chassis Owners Club Rally (subsidized by Freightliner) or the FMCA Rally or even the iRV2 Rally there is always a rally fee beyond the cost of the campground. Sometimes these fees are combined into one price but there is a fee to attend rallies. Seeing that I have attended all of the mentioned rallies in the past I can tell you that the TDC Rally is one of the less expensive rallies because it is subsidized by Thor.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:13 AM   #62
Senior Member
 
Butte64's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mount Olive Shores North, FL
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
Well, I think my interest has just shifted from attending a "Rally" to just going to Myrtle beach and having a good time with my family. I hate to rain on your parade, but if I have to pay any additional fee to attend a "Rally" where all I'd like to do is meet other Palazzo owners, than no thank you. I can't be there the entire week anyway. I guess anytime the word "Rally" comes up, it means an entrance fee. I will remember that next time.
I sympathize with your not being able to attend the entire event. I am just recently retired so this will be my first opportunity to attend a rally. Although I have never been to one, it is clear from being an FMCA member and reading the FMCA magazine, Good Sam information, and other sources that there is always a fee involved.

Since your interest is in just meeting other Palazzo owners, some of whom may not be FMCA or TDC members, perhaps you should coordinate a gathering at another date and place that does not involve any membership or event costs. You could also accommodate those still in the active work force by scheduling it for a weekend or a 3 day holiday period.

By the way, what is your name so we can address you as something other than "Palazzoblues?"
__________________
Jerry
2018 Entegra Aspire 42DEQ Sweet Victory
2017 Grand Cherokee
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:09 AM   #63
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,454
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
I sympathize with your not being able to attend the entire event. I am just recently retired so this will be my first opportunity to attend a rally. Although I have never been to one, it is clear from being an FMCA member and reading the FMCA magazine, Good Sam information, and other sources that there is always a fee involved.

Since your interest is in just meeting other Palazzo owners, some of whom may not be FMCA or TDC members, perhaps you should coordinate a gathering at another date and place that does not involve any membership or event costs. You could also accommodate those still in the active work force by scheduling it for a weekend or a 3 day holiday period.

By the way, what is your name so we can address you as something other than "Palazzoblues?"
Jerry,

I would like to also point out that you receive value for this rally fee by way of catered meals, entertainment, etc. The club does not profit from these fees. Part of the delay in establishing a cost for the rally and finalizing the registration form has to do with determining the cost of catering, etc.

See you in MB!

Jack
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:44 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
wstrace3's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Youngsville, LA
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Jerry,

I would like to also point out that you receive value for this rally fee by way of catered meals, entertainment, etc. The club does not profit from these fees. Part of the delay in establishing a cost for the rally and finalizing the registration form has to do with determining the cost of catering, etc.

See you in MB!

Jack
Jack,
We too have never attended a rally. We have a 3yr old and 21month old. Does anyone bring children or grandchildren with them? Or is it not allowed to bring them to the events. I wont be offended if it is not acceptable.
__________________
Billy and Danielle
2013 Thor Palazzo 33.3
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:08 PM   #65
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,454
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
Jack,
We too have never attended a rally. We have a 3yr old and 21month old. Does anyone bring children or grandchildren with them? Or is it not allowed to bring them to the events. I wont be offended if it is not acceptable.

I have seen people with children and grandchildren but not as young as yours. I do not think it will be a problem but I will ask Fred (President) anyway.
Many of our members are grandparents, we have 7, so I think your children will be welcome! Caring for small ones may limit your participation in some of the events but I still think you will have fun!
Jack
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:40 PM   #66
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,454
Blog Entries: 2
TDC Spring Rally Application

Rally Application.pdf

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Jack
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:05 PM   #67
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,454
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post

I have seen people with children and grandchildren but not as young as yours. I do not think it will be a problem but I will ask Fred (President) anyway.
Many of our members are grandparents, we have 7, so I think your children will be welcome! Caring for small ones may limit your participation in some of the events but I still think you will have fun!
Jack
I just get an email from Fred and he confirmed that your children are very welcome. Because of their young age there will be no extra charge.

Hope to see you there!

Jack
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:06 AM   #68
Senior Member
 
Palazzoblues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
I just get an email from Fred and he confirmed that your children are very welcome. Because of their young age there will be no extra charge.

Hope to see you there!

Jack
Are you saying the fee is $100 per person? What is the age limit for children?
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:51 AM   #69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,454
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
Are you saying the fee is $100 per person? What is the age limit for children?
The President did mention there would be a charge if the child was older then 5 or 6 but he did not say if it was the full $100 or some lesser amount based on age.

The subject of small children does not come up all that often so there is no established policy that I am aware. I think it is on a case by case basis. If you are interested in attending please give me the age of your children and I will check.

Jack
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:47 PM   #70
Senior Member
 
Palazzoblues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 411
Who here is attending the Rally with a family of 4 or more and all your children are over 6?
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
rally



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.