Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:03 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
Was that you guys on I 10 today eastbound around jennings?? We were westbound headed to spring, TX..

No, not us. We are home bound for a couple of weekends. Next weekend is 4th of July so every campground from here to Florida is booked solid!! I went to Cajun Palm's website to look, it looks like they don't have any campsites available until September!!!
I saw an ad for Sun Roemers campground in Picayune, MS. We might try that one in 3 or 4 weeks.
We do have our reservations for Goshen, so that should be a lot of fun!
Enjoy your trip to Texas!
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2014, 08:39 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
Signed up today. I'm excited!

So how and where do I sign up for all the tech talk? Is there an itinerary posted somewhere?

I am so glad you decided to sign up! We went to the rally in Myrtle Beach and we had a great time! We met a lot of really nice people and it was fun to finally have a face to go with an IRV2 screen name! Rick and I will be parked next to DonVoyage (he is a riot!! Really keeps us laughing!!).
There is a forum page at the Thor Diesel Club website that you can maybe start a thread about the Tech Talk. In Myrtle Beach we had a meeting room and the different people from Thor spoke and answered questions. The Freightliner guy was also very informative. He brought a "helpful hints" book for everyone and handed out things like Freightliner hats and even a Pizza Cutter with the Freightliner logo on it!!
I know you will have a great time at the rally in Goshen, and it is a western theme so you get to channel your inner "wild west girl"!! You know everyone loves a chance to put on their cowboy boots!!!
I spoke to Roger from the Magna Shade company and he said he and his wife Clair will be there with the other vendors. We just purchased the magna shade for the front windshield. It looks great and really cuts down on the heat level inside the coach. Roger said they would have some other Magne Shade items for sale at the rally. (I want to buy the folding tire shades!!).
The rally will also offers "Minor Service by Thor". You can list 3 items for the techs to check out on your coach. There is a "list page" on the TDC website, and your list of 3 items has to be emailed or faxed to Thor by September 1st.
Above, on this thread, I listed the email addresses of the Rally Masters if you have any other questions. And, of course, you can always contact me.
Again, I am so glad you decided to attend the rally! I know you will have a great time!!

Karen
Old 06-26-2014, 10:13 AM   #31

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
No, not us. We are home bound for a couple of weekends. Next weekend is 4th of July so every campground from here to Florida is booked solid!! I went to Cajun Palm's website to look, it looks like they don't have any campsites available until September!!!
I saw an ad for Sun Roemers campground in Picayune, MS. We might try that one in 3 or 4 weeks.
We do have our reservations for Goshen, so that should be a lot of fun!
Enjoy your trip to Texas!
Yep.. 4th weekend will be crazy everywhere. We are here in TX now to avoid next weekend. About cajun palms .. we can only take that place in small doses anymore. Constant golf carts with speakers that rattle everything around. Damn..guess im getting old and MORE cranky..ha ha
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:52 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
Yep.. 4th weekend will be crazy everywhere. We are here in TX now to avoid next weekend. About cajun palms .. we can only take that place in small doses anymore. Constant golf carts with speakers that rattle everything around. Damn..guess im getting old and MORE cranky..ha ha

I was cranky WAYYYY before I got old!! Thanks for the heads up about Cajun Palms. Maybe it is a good thing we can't get a camp site until Sept!!
Old 07-18-2014, 09:27 AM   #33

Were coming, we just registered last night, and also for the camp Freightliner on the 9-10 also. This will be our first rally, and we are looking forward to meeting fellow Palazzo owners, hearing of some of there experiances, as my wife is an salesperson and sells these coaches. We have been down to the Thor plant both gas and diesel, and they have a wonderful facility. We will be traveling down from Alberta Canada, and will take us about 3 days to get down, I hope they do put all the Palazzo's together, would be great to see a "pack" of Palazzo's, lol.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:12 AM   #34

Thor Owners Club
Sent in our form and deposit. Looking forward to renewing friendships with those we met in Myrtle Beach!
taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:06 AM   #35

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himrkman View Post
Were coming, we just registered last night, and also for the camp Freightliner on the 9-10 also. This will be our first rally, and we are looking forward to meeting fellow Palazzo owners, hearing of some of there experiances, as my wife is an salesperson and sells these coaches. We have been down to the Thor plant both gas and diesel, and they have a wonderful facility. We will be traveling down from Alberta Canada, and will take us about 3 days to get down, I hope they do put all the Palazzo's together, would be great to see a "pack" of Palazzo's, lol.

Welcome to our group of Palazzo owners! I just noticed today that you got one. See you in Goshen!

Gary
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:18 PM   #36

Welcome to our group of Palazzo owners! I just noticed today that you got one. See you in Goshen!

Gary

Thanks Gary, we look forward to meeting some fellow Palazzo owners, and actually getting some use out of ours, lol.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:46 AM   #37

Greetings all from Colorado, the mile high (not pot related) state!!! For numerous reasons we have not been active on this site since the Myrtle Beach rally. Had numerous internet access issues and then our computer died and spent way to much time at the repair shop. In that we came home after 3 months on the road we had a lot of things to catch up on with grand kids, rental properties, household, and the everyday issues of life. We left in February with a one day window between snow storms and came home in May during a snow storm. Attended 3 rallies (FMCA, Freightliner, and Thor Diesel Club) while on our trip and had a great time. Got to meet a lot of old and new friends. Biggest down side was that we had to put our traveling companion , Grebble our dachshund, down because of kidney failure. We are planning to attend the TDC rally in Goshen. We will actually be there in the area two weeks prior. We are scheduled for service on our large slide which has failed to retract properly and now will not extend. Although we are six months past warranty Thor has said to bring the coach in and they will repair it at no charge. Thor has been very good in standing behind the few coach issues we have encountered since we bought the unit. Look forward to seeing all in Goshen !!! We love traveling in our Palazzo!!!! Regards, Ed & JoAnn
ERStarck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:31 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERStarck View Post
Greetings all from Colorado, the mile high (not pot related) state!!! For numerous reasons we have not been active on this site since the Myrtle Beach rally. Had numerous internet access issues and then our computer died and spent way to much time at the repair shop. In that we came home after 3 months on the road we had a lot of things to catch up on with grand kids, rental properties, household, and the everyday issues of life. We left in February with a one day window between snow storms and came home in May during a snow storm. Attended 3 rallies (FMCA, Freightliner, and Thor Diesel Club) while on our trip and had a great time. Got to meet a lot of old and new friends. Biggest down side was that we had to put our traveling companion , Grebble our dachshund, down because of kidney failure. We are planning to attend the TDC rally in Goshen. We will actually be there in the area two weeks prior. We are scheduled for service on our large slide which has failed to retract properly and now will not extend. Although we are six months past warranty Thor has said to bring the coach in and they will repair it at no charge. Thor has been very good in standing behind the few coach issues we have encountered since we bought the unit. Look forward to seeing all in Goshen !!! We love traveling in our Palazzo!!!! Regards, Ed & JoAnn

Hi Ed and JoAnn,
I am so sorry to hear about Grebble! I know the loss of a pet can be devistating and very painful! I will keep you all in my prayers!
I am also sorry you had a slide malfunction on your coach. Hopefully Thor can get it fixed quickly so you can enjoy yourself in Goshen. Rick and I both really enjoyed meeting you and JoAnn in Myrtle Beach and it will be good to see you again in Goshen! The rally should be a lot of fun especially with its "Western Theme"!
See you in October!!
Karen
Old 07-21-2014, 08:38 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorgso View Post
Sent in our form and deposit. Looking forward to renewing friendships with those we met in Myrtle Beach!
So glad to hear you are doing well and coming to the rally in Goshen! Rick and I look forward to seeing you!
Karen
Old 07-21-2014, 08:45 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himrkman View Post
Welcome to the Palazzo Family!! We look forward to meeting you in October!
Old 07-24-2014, 04:39 PM   #41

We recieved an email from Fred, the president of TDC saying there is going to be a "decorate your coach" contest in Goshen. It has to be (exterior) decorated with a Western theme and they will do the judging on Wednesday October 8th. Fred said there will be prizes awarded for best overall theme, the most original and the funniest.
Any ideas out there?????
Old 07-25-2014, 09:51 AM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Graphics or some temp panels to make it look like a stagecoach.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, rally, thor