Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-02-2013, 05:32 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
For what ever I know about DP's its not much, gas engines had problems sucking in water to their MAF Sensor through the intake air filter, does the same function happen with a DP engine.
This happen to my coach in heavy rains and wet roads the Chev 8.1 sucked in water traveling on busy highway and engine went into safe mode 65 mph to 45 mph with heavy truck traffic. It was fun getting to side of road.
Ford's had the same problems.
A couple of threads for reading:
# 1=======#2
THIS problem was kicked back and forth for over a year by the MFG's chassis and coach.
If this does not happen with DP than sorry I intruded in this post.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #16

It's like we are playing Russian Roulette with our Palazzo's!
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #17

/\
|
|

Feel the same way. Im very dissapointed im my Plazzo, and if I could do it over I would of never bought it. I would of paid more for a better built coach.

I have a laundry list of issues that need to be addressed by thor/dealer.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:24 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakings10 View Post
/\
|
|

Feel the same way. Im very dissapointed im my Plazzo, and if I could do it over I would of never bought it. I would of paid more for a better built coach.

I have a laundry list of issues that need to be addressed by thor/dealer.
Please elaborate. We need to see if we have some commonalities here. This is bad. Real bad.
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
Please elaborate. We need to see if we have some commonalities here. This is bad. Real bad.
so give thor a call and get your stuff squared away.....all this negative energy on the forum is non-productive.....i have had excellent response from Thor.....

rk
Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:03 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchy View Post
so give thor a call and get your stuff squared away.....all this negative energy on the forum is non-productive.....i have had excellent response from Thor.....

rk
X2...thanks for saying what I have been thinking!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #21

Just a quick note, but issues with starting, stalling or restarting is more than likely the Freightliner Chassis. Normal operating controls prevent starting if the gear selector is not in Neutral. If it is in gear, the coach will not start. On the subject of the battery, disconnecting while running will not affect anything but if there is a loose connection in the electrical system from the alternator, that will stop the coach from running since you lose power from both sources. Sounds like a loose connection somewhere.

I would also keep in mind that we have over 100 Palazzo owners on this forum and the reported issues, while impactful to users, would not be considered pervasive to the model or brand. I believe, right or wrong, that those without major issues are the silent majority. But, when something goes wrong, it is an absolute opportunity for the manufacturer or dealer to earn a customer for life. I think that many dealers have fallen short of expectations and it appears that, while quite a distance, Thor can address the problems effectively at the factory. I think the real problem with the RV industry is the service and support provided by dealers. They are ineffective, unqualified and offer incredibly poor customer service most of the time.

The RV industry is not like the car business, good or bad, since it is the confluence of several manufacturers (chassis, tranny, motor, generator, electrical, appliances, etc) with all unique warranties. When my Cadillac has an issue, it goes the Caddie dealer, no one else (aside from the tires). With my coach, the generator had a bad fuel pump so I had to go to Onan. No biggie, but, I had to drive 50 miles, one way, to get that addressed. Once I got there, they knew exactly how to fix it, and did it overnight. It seems you have to follow the talent and capability with RVs to get them serviced correctly.
HeavyH2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyH2O View Post
Just a quick note, but issues with starting, stalling or restarting is more than likely the Freightliner Chassis. Normal operating controls prevent starting if the gear selector is not in Neutral. If it is in gear, the coach will not start. On the subject of the battery, disconnecting while running will not affect anything but if there is a loose connection in the electrical system from the alternator, that will stop the coach from running since you lose power from both sources. Sounds like a loose connection somewhere.

I would also keep in mind that we have over 100 Palazzo owners on this forum and the reported issues, while impactful to users, would not be considered pervasive to the model or brand. I believe, right or wrong, that those without major issues are the silent majority. But, when something goes wrong, it is an absolute opportunity for the manufacturer or dealer to earn a customer for life. I think that many dealers have fallen short of expectations and it appears that, while quite a distance, Thor can address the problems effectively at the factory. I think the real problem with the RV industry is the service and support provided by dealers. They are ineffective, unqualified and offer incredibly poor customer service most of the time.

The RV industry is not like the car business, good or bad, since it is the confluence of several manufacturers (chassis, tranny, motor, generator, electrical, appliances, etc) with all unique warranties. When my Cadillac has an issue, it goes the Caddie dealer, no one else (aside from the tires). With my coach, the generator had a bad fuel pump so I had to go to Onan. No biggie, but, I had to drive 50 miles, one way, to get that addressed. Once I got there, they knew exactly how to fix it, and did it overnight. It seems you have to follow the talent and capability with RVs to get them serviced correctly.
Well said Dave...thank you!
Old 12-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
It's like we are playing Russian Roulette with our Palazzo's!
Not at all most owners no matter what brand they may own get their punch list resolved and move on to enjoy their coach.
With all the different manufactures you have to chose from, a Palazzo was the choice its now up to the owner to get the items corrected, like any other coach you might have selected, might have had problems also.
Most coach's have a 1 year warranty but if you read the warranties of the different items placed in your coach some may have more than the year and dealers will get reimburse from that MFG.
If your unable to repair items yourself than maybe a extended warranty is something to look into, and read the fine print before purchase.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #24

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyH2O View Post
Just a quick note, but issues with starting, stalling or restarting is more than likely the Freightliner Chassis. Normal operating controls prevent starting if the gear selector is not in Neutral. If it is in gear, the coach will not start. On the subject of the battery, disconnecting while running will not affect anything but if there is a loose connection in the electrical system from the alternator, that will stop the coach from running since you lose power from both sources. Sounds like a loose connection somewhere. I would also keep in mind that we have over 100 Palazzo owners on this forum and the reported issues, while impactful to users, would not be considered pervasive to the model or brand. I believe, right or wrong, that those without major issues are the silent majority. But, when something goes wrong, it is an absolute opportunity for the manufacturer or dealer to earn a customer for life. I think that many dealers have fallen short of expectations and it appears that, while quite a distance, Thor can address the problems effectively at the factory. I think the real problem with the RV industry is the service and support provided by dealers. They are ineffective, unqualified and offer incredibly poor customer service most of the time. The RV industry is not like the car business, good or bad, since it is the confluence of several manufacturers (chassis, tranny, motor, generator, electrical, appliances, etc) with all unique warranties. When my Cadillac has an issue, it goes the Caddie dealer, no one else (aside from the tires). With my coach, the generator had a bad fuel pump so I had to go to Onan. No biggie, but, I had to drive 50 miles, one way, to get that addressed. Once I got there, they knew exactly how to fix it, and did it overnight. It seems you have to follow the talent and capability with RVs to get them serviced correctly.
Well said.
Totally agree......
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #25

We have had much better luck dealing with Thor than our large dealer in AZ! I wish Thor was closer to the west.....is it worth it to visit Thor in Elkhart? Only 2250 miles for us! Please advise if you recommend it? Thanks..love this forum and our 33.3!
Palazzoteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:37 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoteam View Post
We have had much better luck dealing with Thor than our large dealer in AZ! I wish Thor was closer to the west.....is it worth it to visit Thor in Elkhart? Only 2250 miles for us! Please advise if you recommend it? Thanks..love this forum and our 33.3!
Is it worth the 2250 mile trip? For me it is a 6 hour drive therefore I have done it twice and happy that I did and the second time was in conjunction with a FMCA Regional Rally held in Goshen, IN. My issues we minor compared to some of the problems I have read about and the lack of knowledgeable dealers to quickly resolve these issues. In the long run and if the problems are serious enough it may be the best choice.
On the other hand, I live much further from Freightliner (Gaffney, SC) and I am scheduled to have my second annual service done in March. I will combine this trip with other travels and I will continue to do so because I love the service and super treatment I receive at their facility. I do not think I would deadhead a trip to Freightliner for service unless I was unable to get my issues resolved at my local Freightliner shop.
I guess what I am saying is I would try to combine my trip to Thor with some other travel If I lived as far as you live from Thor. In fuel alone it will cost you $900 plus or minus.
Just my 2 cents!
Old 12-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #27

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Is it worth the 2250 mile trip? For me it is a 6 hour drive therefore I have done it twice and happy that I did and the second time was in conjunction with a FMCA Regional Rally held in Goshen, IN. My issues we minor compared to some of the problems I have read about and the lack of knowledgeable dealers to quickly resolve these issues. In the long run and if the problems are serious enough it may be the best choice. On the other hand, I live much further from Freightliner (Gaffney, SC) and I am scheduled to have my second annual service done in March. I will combine this trip with other travels and I will continue to do so because I love the service and super treatment I receive at their facility. I do not think I would deadhead a trip to Freightliner for service unless I was unable to get my issues resolved at my local Freightliner shop. I guess what I am saying is I would try to combine my trip to Thor with some other travel If I lived as far as you live from Thor. In fuel alone it will cost you $900 plus or minus. Just my 2 cents!
Jack:
Our Gaffney service is March 17th. Maybe we will finally meet.
Tom
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchy View Post
so give thor a call and get your stuff squared away.....all this negative energy on the forum is non-productive.....i have had excellent response from Thor..... rk
How'd you get THOR to reply? I called TMC Owner's Support for nothing but a PART NUMBER and a fellow named Bill in CS mailed me a sheet of components for my V I N and said that
" THOR M. C. has NO PARTS BOOKS! "

I may sound picky but [ Moderator Edit ] are they smoking?
Skino47 is offline   Reply With Quote