RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-23-2014, 03:26 PM   #127

Freightliner Owners Club
It is undersized? Did he offer a solution to the problem?
dogmum53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2014, 07:21 AM   #128

Yes.... He sent me a new, bigger one.
TK IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:20 PM   #129

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK IV View Post
Yes.... He sent me a new, bigger one.
Have you installed it?
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:08 PM   #130

Just a quick note. The valve extensions on the inside rear tires can be susceptible to leakage. We checked pressures prior to a short trip but when we returned, both inside tires were completely airless and riding on the rims. A visit to the tire shop indicated no issues with the tires themselves, but, when they aired them up, the cords were damaged (due to heat). So, we needed a couple of new tires (they are $600 each).
HeavyH2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:23 PM   #131

sorry to hear that heavy... glad that you are OK, it could have been worse. I got rid of those extension, they are bad news in my book. I was never a fan of TPMS but these things we drive are beasts and can create serious damage if our tires go... I now rely on TPMS on our toad as well.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:40 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
sorry to hear that heavy... glad that you are OK, it could have been worse. I got rid of those extension, they are bad news in my book. I was never a fan of TPMS but these things we drive are beasts and can create serious damage if our tires go... I now rely on TPMS on our toad as well.
X2 on the TPMS on the coach as as well as the toad
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:41 PM   #133

Yes, I picked up a TPMS to track all 6 tires pressures. Also, getting some aluminum wheels, as well to retire the steelies and stainless inserts. We were definitely lucky that the outside tires held up to the load without issue.
HeavyH2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:37 AM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Have you installed it?

Not yet. I will have to rearrange the layout due to the larger size.
TK IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:08 AM   #135

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My Grey tank shows 2/3 at all times. If it goes above 2/3 the top light will light up to show full but even after dumping the lights show 2/3.

Any tips to fix this ??
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:15 AM   #136

make sure the sensors are covered with water and add drano... and drive it around. I tried it once... but it cleared a week later. Its just one of those things I dont worry about anymore and just keep an eye on it.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:38 AM   #137

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
make sure the sensors are covered with water and add drano... and drive it around. I tried it once... but it cleared a week later. Its just one of those things I dont worry about anymore and just keep an eye on it.

thanks !! I'll try it.. the only time I really watch it is when we dry camp during football season. Other than that I have a built in sensor that yells at me when the water backs up the shower drain when she is taking a shower and I forgot to dump grey..
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:06 AM   #138

That's a good sensor. When she speaks we need to listen!!!
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:26 AM   #139

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
Thanks. I cannot get back to Elkhart until next year when I have more vacation. I've already burned vacation up this year with going to pick the thing up and we take another week in October to head down to Fort Wilderness - Disney World. We bought this MH for us and the kids.

I am trying to look on the brighter side of things. I am building a new garage/barn for the Palazzo. I think I have more excitement about the barn then I do the Palazzo at the moment.

What's the status on your unit now?

I am researching Thor products after having looked at a Tuscany 36. I cannot imagine having to take a motorhome back to the factory - in this case it is 2500 miles from so-Cal to Elkhart....NOT EVER GONNA HAPPEN!

So are all these slide and end-cap leaking problems happening with just the Palazzo, or the other models too? I saw some photos of the slide mechanisms and was really surprised at how small the gear and teeth are.

We have a 2005 Winnebago that is and has pretty much been problem free, so a little gun shy on a new DP.
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:00 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBROWN View Post
What's the status on your unit now?

I am researching Thor products after having looked at a Tuscany 36. I cannot imagine having to take a motorhome back to the factory - in this case it is 2500 miles from so-Cal to Elkhart....NOT EVER GONNA HAPPEN!

So are all these slide and end-cap leaking problems happening with just the Palazzo, or the other models too? I saw some photos of the slide mechanisms and was really surprised at how small the gear and teeth are.

We have a 2005 Winnebago that is and has pretty much been problem free, so a little gun shy on a new DP.
Sorry to report that Palazzoblues has moved on and no longer posts on iRV2. You may find him on some other forum?

I am looking at the Tuscany 36 MQ as an upgrade to my current MH so I have been looking for any major problems, slides included and I have not seen anything reported. I have not had any slide problems with my Palazzo but my model was discontinued and never really had the problems that Palazzo with longer/heavier slides had.

I have several friends who own the Tuscany and by in large they are happy. Good luck with your search!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor