RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:08 AM   #155

Hello Fellow Palazzo owners,
I am sorry to upset anyone, but our posts aren't the sole cause in the drop in the value of our Palazzos. The RV industry does their homework, they know about the slide issues without us having to say a word! It is kind of like "Car Facts", it is all based on "Repair History". A RV sales company doesn't want to get stuck with an RV with issues so they will not offer a very high trade in value.
It is just a shame that not only do you have a RV that doesn't work properly, but you have "other RVers" verbally abusing you because you have the nerve to reach out to others to not feel so alone in your problems. Other RVers, I might add that don't even OWN A PALAZZO!!!
To Russell, and others, I say "Yes, I hear you and yes I understand"!! I am sorry that the verbal abuse of some has run people like PalazzoBlues off. Yes, I was at the rally in Myrtle Beach and yes I met him in person. He is a very nice guy with a sweet family with 2 young children. I can understand his fear that he has spent a lot of money to buy an RV to take family vacations in, but due to the quality of the workmanship of that RV he has to look into his children's eyes and explain why they CAN'T go on that vacation! Would any of you out there want to be in that situation???
I guess since some of the biggest critics have been people that have a 15 or 20 year old RV or some that don't even own a Motorhome, than no, I don't expect them to understand what it is like to put out your hard earned money on a NEW Motorhome and have it malfunction. If you went out and bought a brand new Ferrari (which is the same price as the new Palazzo we bought) and while driving it home the fuel pump went out or when you get it home the door won't open, I don't think you would say "Oh well, these things happen"! Then over the course of the 1 YEAR that you owned that new Ferrari, it was in the shop 4 times for repairs! No, I don't think you would be so calm! Maybe people are upset because I can afford the Ferrari and they can't, I don't know. But what I do know is that IRV2 is supposed to be a forum for RVers to communicate to each other, ALL aspects of RVing, good and bad!! If I am wrong in that belief, then please tell me so I can join PalazzoBlues in looking for other sites to communicate on.

Karen
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2014, 10:02 AM   #156

Thor Owners Club
While I was waiting for my Palazzo to be delivered, I attended the Hershey Park show. I looked at other competitor's coaches out of curiousity. I never shared that I had already purchased a coach, much less that it was a Palazzo.

The first thing that stood out for me were the negative comments I heard from other salesmen about Thor. I would ask how the particular coach I was looking at compared to the Palazzo. I heard it all, from negative comments about the slide issues to the type of engine, the difference in the bunk bed motors, etc.

The first negative comments I ever heard about the Palazzo came from Thor's competitors, not from this forum. The truth is out there for anyone willing to listen. I was already a member of this forum, but at the time, not many slide problems had been reported. With time, the ones that have experienced them have done so here, but also elsewhere when talking to others. Dealers faced with addressing these problems are also aware, as are the techs that tackle them.

Visit a local dealer and see what they tell you about Thor. Then you'll understand why the comments here don't really matter all that much. Folks are going to hear it when they hit the sales floor in any dealership that competes with Thor, and most likely, the majority have never even heard of this forum prior to that.

In all honesty, I worry about my huge wall slide (I have the largest of them all). It has a slight sag. I was told this was normal, but I can't help worrying about it. Why is it a big deal to me? Because there is always something that goes wrong every time we go to use our coach. At the moment, I have a crack in the fiberglass in the front cap, a part behind the washing machine is broken and the coach smells like a sewer, the invisible bra is bubbling up, my windows don't close properly and roll out all by themselves while driving. My husband, who was never as crazy about buying an RV as I was, is getting tired of dealing with these issues time and time again. So, it puts a damper on our plans each time. Rather than take it out, he'd rather we do something else in order to avoid tackling the next potential problem. So, I understand how some folks are frustrated. I have been there myself. I just have to remain hopeful that Thor will step up to the plate and take care of me as they have done so for others. In the meantime, I remain interested to hear about everyone's experiences, no matter which way they express it. Some are more passionate then others.

Wow, Karen, your words really struck a chord in me! My 8 year old, who is an avid car fan, recently asked me why we couldn't have bought a Maserati instead. He may be on to something, LOL.

I love the idea of having a motorhome, and without the information I've read and shared here, the problems I have expereinced would have been much more aggravating since I would have been far more clueless.

We are all different and express ourselves in different ways. No sense arguing about what everyone already seems to be aware of.
Gingerela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #157

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
>snip

I guess since some of the biggest critics have been people that have a 15 or 20 year old RV or some that don't even own a Motorhome, than no, I don't expect them to understand what it is like to put out your hard earned money on a NEW Motorhome and have it malfunction. If you went out and bought a brand new Ferrari (which is the same price as the new Palazzo we bought) and while driving it home the fuel pump went out or when you get it home the door won't open, I don't think you would say "Oh well, these things happen"! Then over the course of the 1 YEAR that you owned that new Ferrari, it was in the shop 4 times for repairs! No, I don't think you would be so calm! Maybe people are upset because I can afford the Ferrari and they can't, I don't know. But what I do know is that IRV2 is supposed to be a forum for RVers to communicate to each other, ALL aspects of RVing, good and bad!! If I am wrong in that belief, then please tell me so I can join PalazzoBlues in looking for other sites to communicate on.

Karen
Really? You really think people are "upset" because you bought a particular motorhome, whatever it cost?

It appears you feel you are different (better?) than other RV owners with "15 to 20 year old rigs" because you "put hard earned money on a new motorhome...". Really? Are you somehow justified for feeling a certain way because you spent a certain amount of money? Or that if their motorhome cost less than yours they don't understand?

This is a thread about PALAZZO PROBLEMS - that is the title. Who exactly are the 'critics' and who got 'verbally abused'? Are you really saying the OP got 'verbally abused'? This sounds like if you disagree with someone then you are abusive in some way. Are you really saying that?

And the Ferrari comparison - really? Whether someone spent 50 thousand, 200 thousand, or 500 thousand on their motorhome, what does that have to do with "being calm" about failures? Your words. Are you saying if you spend a certain amount that you will have a different feeling or understanding of problems?

CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:35 AM   #158
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Let's keep this about the topic of Palazzo problems without straying into the personal observations area.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:06 AM   #159

Palazzo Problems

I really think that if a dealer offered any of the naysayers $83,000 for a Palazzo that you paid $145,000 for just 20 months ago you would be upset too.

When my Palazzo was 12 month old I tried to trade for a 35.1 palazzo and was offered only $110,000 on trade.

Before that I never had any issues. Now I feel the only way for things to be right and fair to the 2013 & 2014 large slide owners is for Thor to recall them & do a proper fix. Then our value will return.

If that doesn't happen. So be it.
When all the Palazzo owners start complaining about their values maybe something will get done.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:22 AM   #160

Yes, I am saying that. And, Mr. Brown, have you had problems with the slide in your Palazzo?
Old 06-25-2014, 11:24 AM   #161

in February of this year, I was offered 101,000.00 trade in value on my 2013 Palazzo which was purchased in July of 2013
Old 06-25-2014, 11:51 AM   #162

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Yes, I am saying that. And, Mr. Brown, have you had problems with the slide in your Palazzo?
Yes, I have problems with potential problems with slides for the potential purchase of a Tuscany 36. They have the same slide mechanism. So I have read through this as well as many others with great earnest.

I am now convinced this would be an unwise purchase. And I've learned that any motorhome with a full length slide has the potential for problems with it.

I have run into your type of comments elsewhere on this forum - an attitude that people cannot or should not post in a thread unless they have the same motorhome as everyone else in said thread.
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:57 AM   #163

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBROWN View Post

I have run into your type of comments elsewhere on this forum - an attitude that people cannot or should not post in a thread unless they have the same motorhome as everyone else in said thread.
I don't have a Palazzo, but I did own a Hurricane and had multiple problems with our full wall slide. My observations were welcomed on this forum, even by RKNOLA.

2014 Allegro 36LA
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:12 PM   #164
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
Let's keep this about the topic of Palazzo problems without straying into the personal observations area.
If you do not want to pay attention to the above suggestion do not be surprised if you find your post missing.

There will be not edits made or courtesy PMs sent from this point on
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:25 PM   #165

To anyone concerned about Palazzo problems I would say, yes the problems can be frustrating but so can any problem with any RV. Real honestly, meeting so many great other Thor owners has made all the problems a little easier to take. And I have to say Thor has been very helpful with our problems.
(No, I am not saying only Thor owners are great)
Old 06-25-2014, 08:31 PM   #166

I would suggest you read the posts of your next RV mfgr. I read different threads just to compare the issues. Bottom line is they all have issues with one thing or another. Most of them all get repaired and they move on. I for one have had what I consider minor problems, and they were repaired, and I have no hard feeling cause it shouldn't have failed in the first place. I believe all manufactures should have to offer a longer warranty coverage period and maybe this would result in better quality control.
But in the mean time, I will continue to enjoy what I have.

2013 Palazzo 33.3
HVAC Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:32 PM   #167

Quote:
To anyone concerned about Palazzo problems I would say, yes the problems can be frustrating but so can any problem with any RV. Real honestly, meeting so many great other Thor owners has made all the problems a little easier to take. And I have to say Thor has been very helpful with our problems.
(No, I am not saying only Thor owners are great)
It was nice to meet the both of you at Myrtle Beach Rally!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:56 PM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
It was nice to meet the both of you at Myrtle Beach Rally!
Thank you Jack. We had a great time in MB and it was nice to meet the reps from Thor so we can put faces to names!
Glad you are both safe after the deer ran into your coach!!

Tags
thor