Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:35 PM   #197

Jerry, did you find the noise? Maybe you have a wheel liner loose?
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2014, 11:39 PM   #198

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
Jerry, did you find the noise? Maybe you have a wheel liner loose?

No, noise has been very intermittent and only occurs in windy conditions. Sounds metallic. Could not find anything loose in wheel wells.

Lots of wind on long drive today and heard another noise that sounded like it might be the slide topper. How do you tighten the topper?
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:49 AM   #199

try this....

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/slid...er-174919.html
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:38 PM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC Bill View Post
I have always thought Forest River was a Thor cousin. If you look at the Legacy model, it is an exact copy of the 33.3. ?

2013 Palazzo 33.3

Ok bill.
I know it been a bit since you posted this. Really didn't want to answer because I really hadn't took delivery of the Forest River yet.

Took delivery today and we are moving into it tonight.

If this is cousin of that Thor Palazzo I had it for sure is a distant - distant cousin.

The Legancy is close to the same floor plan. I damn sure not get close too that again.

In all reality this Berkshire is more $$ so it should be better quality I'd say. For the $$$ the Palazzo was ok if Thor would of put a proper fix on the large slide. Not patches !!

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:33 PM   #201

The Legacy is almost the same layout but has some pluses and minuses compared to the Palazzo. Carpet here and there, smaller fridge and inverter is standard, carpeted storage bins instead of fiberglass, etc. The Berkshire is definitely a step up. Better chassis, better engine, better tranny and a lot more solid woodwork. Of course, it is more money, but the fit and finish are definitely a notch up over the Palazzo. Then again, the Berkshire is a good step up from the Legacy.
HeavyH2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:46 PM   #202

I agree and was not trying to compare the two. The legancy looks to be using the same Schwintek rails large slide system as the Palazzo scary!!

Russell
Old 07-21-2014, 07:20 PM   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Ok bill.
I know it been a bit since you posted this. Really didn't want to answer because I really hadn't took delivery of the Forest River yet.

Took delivery today and we are moving into it tonight.

If this is cousin of that Thor Palazzo I had it for sure is a distant - distant cousin.

The Legancy is close to the same floor plan. I damn sure not get close too that again.

In all reality this Berkshire is more $$ so it should be better quality I'd say. For the $$$ the Palazzo was ok if Thor would of put a proper fix on the large slide. Not patches !!

Russell

Hi Russell,
Glad to hear you are moving into the new coach. This is about the time when you look at all the "junk" we RVers tote around and think "Why am I keeping that?" When we moved out of our Georgetown and into the Palazzo we used 1 school of thought: If we haven't used it or needed it in over a year, it isn't going into the new coach!! You would be surprised how much storage area you can reclaim by just lightening the load a little!!
Keep us posted on the new coach, hopefully we can all meet up somewhere around Goshen in October!
Karen
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:38 PM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyH2O View Post
The Legacy is almost the same layout but has some pluses and minuses compared to the Palazzo. Carpet here and there, smaller fridge and inverter is standard, carpeted storage bins instead of fiberglass, etc. The Berkshire is definitely a step up. Better chassis, better engine, better tranny and a lot more solid woodwork. Of course, it is more money, but the fit and finish are definitely a notch up over the Palazzo. Then again, the Berkshire is a good step up from the Legacy.
As I recall, they use the same chassis, engine and tranni. I have thought about adding carpet to the master suite, so that I would appreciate. As the rest, I do question the same type of slide mechanism being on this "higher quality" coach.
I have not personally been able to see one, I wish all with the best of luck with whatever you drive. It is all about the journey.

2013 Palazzo 33.3
HVAC Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:33 PM   #205

Palazzo Problems

There is no Schwintek system on the Berkshire!!!

Motor & transmission different too. Both bigger

Motor & tyranny in legancy could be same as Palazzo. IDK

Russell
Old 07-21-2014, 08:39 PM   #206

I m for sure the first one that didn't want to spend the $$ on a different coach. If I thought Thor would ever fix the slide problem I would never have traded. I just don't see that.

Russell
Old 07-21-2014, 08:50 PM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
Hi Russell,

Glad to hear you are moving into the new coach. This is about the time when you look at all the "junk" we RVers tote around and think "Why am I keeping that?" When we moved out of our Georgetown and into the Palazzo we used 1 school of thought: If we haven't used it or needed it in over a year, it isn't going into the new coach!! You would be surprised how much storage area you can reclaim by just lightening the load a little!!

Keep us posted on the new coach, hopefully we can all meet up somewhere around Goshen in October!

Karen

Ya Karen

Probably too much stuff. We run as light as probably anyone. palazzo basement has very little in it-- We carry too many clothes & towels Especially when we have washer & dryer on board. This coach doesn't have storage under the bed- I think we will put guest blankets & linens in vacuum bags as you suggest. I'll have all kinds of room in basement.

Russell
Old 07-21-2014, 10:21 PM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC Bill View Post
As I recall, they use the same chassis, engine and tranni. I have thought about adding carpet to the master suite, so that I would appreciate. As the rest, I do question the same type of slide mechanism being on this "higher quality" coach.
I have not personally been able to see one, I wish all with the best of luck with whatever you drive. It is all about the journey.

2013 Palazzo 33.3
The Legacy is effectively a twin of the Palazzo. No denying that. Some different options and choices but effectively that model is a move sideways. Same chassis, motor, tranny and even wheel liners. There are some nuances but it is effectively the same. And, yes, Schwintek in-wall mechanisms for the slides.

The Berkshire 400BH is definitely a step up and does cost more money. But, that is more apples to oranges. XC chassis (raised rail), ISB-XT (more horsepower), Allison MH-3000, more towing, 40 feet long, etc. I was sampling noting our member who made the upgrade to a good choice. We looked at this motor home before selecting the Palazzo. We liked the layout and size of the 33.3 better. The bunk setup was better (do not like the fold down DVD - rather have the wall mounts) and the doors opened flat.
HeavyH2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:32 AM   #209

As an owner of a Legacy and did look at the Palazzo and Berkshire I will offer a comparison from my perspective, all fine coaches IMHO but all the Palazzo issues did influence my decision. Our Legacy hasn't had any of these issues and a couple other Legacy owners I have met are happy as well, Berkshire owners happy as well.

I think a lot of these issues arise from how the items are assembled by the mfgs and the tolerances for the slide aren't being met when built by Thor, again just my opinion.

Some of the differences are the following,

the Legacy is a tad bigger and 36'6" vs palazzo 34.5
Legacy gvw is 28k and 33k gcwr vs palazzo 26k gvw and 30k GDR
Legacy Allison my-2500 tranny vs palazzo my-2100
Legacy fiberglass roof vs palazzo rubber - big plus imho
Legacy drop down bunk has real mattress vs palazzo inflates
Legacy jack knife sofa doesn't require inflatable like palazzo
Legacy more exterior storage from and cuft perspective
Same inverter std 2000 watt
Refer from what I can tell is the same
Individually laid tile in Legacy vs linoleum in Palazzo
Nice hid headlights on legacy
Air horns std on Legacy
Legacy comes std with in dash nav on the 2015

These are the major items that I can think of of the top of my head, for whoever is getting the Berkshire congrats on a great coach!

E Check out forest river forums they have a dedicated Berkshire forum with lots of great people and info.

Good luck!
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:57 AM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
As an owner of a Legacy and did look at the Palazzo and Berkshire I will offer a comparison from my perspective, all fine coaches IMHO but all the Palazzo issues did influence my decision. Our Legacy hasn't had any of these issues and a couple other Legacy owners I have met are happy as well, Berkshire owners happy as well.

I think a lot of these issues arise from how the items are assembled by the mfgs and the tolerances for the slide aren't being met when built by Thor, again just my opinion.

Some of the differences are the following,

the Legacy is a tad bigger and 36'6" vs palazzo 34.5
Legacy gvw is 28k and 33k gcwr vs palazzo 26k gvw and 30k GDR
Legacy Allison my-2500 tranny vs palazzo my-2100
Legacy fiberglass roof vs palazzo rubber - big plus imho
Legacy drop down bunk has real mattress vs palazzo inflates
Legacy jack knife sofa doesn't require inflatable like palazzo
Legacy more exterior storage from and cuft perspective
Same inverter std 2000 watt
Refer from what I can tell is the same
Individually laid tile in Legacy vs linoleum in Palazzo
Nice hid headlights on legacy
Air horns std on Legacy
Legacy comes std with in dash nav on the 2015

These are the major items that I can think of of the top of my head, for whoever is getting the Berkshire congrats on a great coach!

E Check out forest river forums they have a dedicated Berkshire forum with lots of great people and info.

Good luck!
The 35.1 has an Allison 2500 and 33 GCWR as well. The 35.1 is between the 33.x's and the 36.1 I went with the 35.1 because the large slide is a tad bit smaller than the 33.x's slides, a table and 4 chairs as apposed to a dinette w/a 46" SONY TV that comes out of the cabinet. The rear bedroom also has the bed in the slide out which is a king size. The rear closet goes the entire width of the coach with sliding mirror doors. I have yet to see another 35.1, meet another 35.1 owner personally or online. Go figure.
Road Master base plates
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor