RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
Why are you running cover for Thor? Thor is the largest RV manufacturer in the Country, probably in the world. My little problem is not going to negatively impact Thor Industries.
Thor Industries, Inc.
NYSE: THO - Dec 20 1:51 PM ET
52.36+0.48 (0.93%)

As a stock holder in Thor, I hope this will only make them better.
If I misread some of your past posts or misinterpreted the tone of you words please accept my apologies! I do not wish any ill on a fellow RVer and I truly hope you get through this quickly so you can enjoy your Palazzo.

Merry Christmas!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
If I misread some of your past posts or misinterpreted the tone of you words please accept my apologies! I do not wish any ill on a fellow RVer and I truly hope you get through this quickly so you can enjoy your Palazzo.

Merry Christmas!

Thanks, I'm going to tell you... I want to get out of the Palazzo Problems thread and move on over to the Palazzo upgrades and mods thread. I have a few in mind. I will drop this next week. An RV will be the furthest thing from my mind. Jesus Birthday is next week! Merry Christmas!
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
Bill, What ever happened with these problems? Has this been fixed? I'd be very interested in sharing stories.
The factory told me to take to any local Thor authorized rep for repairs. The closest one is going thru an owner change (don't want to get into that mess) my sales dealer emailed me that someone in there service dept. would schedule an appointment, still waiting. Plan to call to make appointment after holidays. I have plenty of time til my next outing and will not rush repairs due to my high expectations. Will follow up with results. Bill
HVAC Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #46

My two cents on this Tiffin person crashing the Palazzo site, Guess they expelled him from their site. I searched this site prior to my purchase, I found ALL manufactures use mostly the same parts, just the quality of the interior or paint were different. I am still very happy with my coach. As someone already stated, they have been selling like hot cakes, so more of them are on the road than others, may mislead you to believe they are all bad. Bill
Old 12-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC Bill View Post
My two cents on this Tiffin person crashing the Palazzo site, Guess they expelled him from their site. I searched this site prior to my purchase, I found ALL manufactures use mostly the same parts, just the quality of the interior or paint were different. I am still very happy with my coach. As someone already stated, they have been selling like hot cakes, so more of them are on the road than others, may mislead you to believe they are all bad. Bill
Bill, I do like the color of your Palazzo. Have you got a better picture?
Old 12-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #48
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There are no exclsive forums here, any member is free to post in any forum they wish except the vendor forum.

There has been a vast amount of knowledge shared here using this policy.

If there are any perceived problems with a post it's a simple matter of reporting the particular post by clicking the red triangle Report Post icon at the lower left hand side of a page.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #49

Here is a photo from Thanksgiving on the beach.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-445590568.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	497.7 KB
ID:	52391
Old 12-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #50

I have a Thor product.
It had issues, mostly provider-based.
I took care of some, dealer some more, the bigger stuff totally solved at Thor in Elkhart.

Thor Service did an awesome job.

Want it fixed right? Go

Just my 2c

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:55 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
There are no exclsive forums here, any member is free to post in any forum they wish except the vendor forum.

There has been a vast amount of knowledge shared here using this policy.

If there are any perceived problems with a post it's a simple matter of reporting the particular post by clicking the red triangle Report Post icon at the lower left hand side of a page.
John,

I agree that there is no exclusive forum, except the vendors. However there are subjects (topics) and the poster should try to stay on topic. The poster should have knowledge, experience, or a knowledgeable opinion on the topic otherwise we would have a free for all and it would be impossible to follow the thread.

On several Palazzo threads we have had people bust in and adopt strong opinions regarding the quality of the Thor Palazzo and these thread crashers do not own a Palazzo and in one case he did not own an RV of any type. We have also had people jump in the middle of a active thread, out of the blue, trying to pick a fight. I have reported these people by selecting the red triangle and we leave it up to the iRV2 Administrator to take whatever action that is appropriate.

There is over 100 Palazzo owners that monitor these threads and for the most part we police ourselves. We are a friendly, helpful, bunch of Palazzo owners and our primary interest is to help one another and to enhance the Palazzo ownership experience.

Thanks for being our "Community Administrator" and Merry Christmas!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:13 AM   #52
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Let's get away from these personal attacks of referring to other members as 'Thread Crashers" or "Busting In".

iRV2 is inclusive, not exclusive.

As John stated, all members are welcome to post in any forum as long as the posts conform to our rules.

One does not need to own the RV brand under discussion or any RV at all to post their thoughts, ideas or opinions. It's the nature of forums.

Members are free to disagree, debate or rebut posts of others, again within our rules.

Baiting, trolling, flaming etc. are not permitted and those types of posts should be reported for iRV2's staff to handle.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:37 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC Bill View Post
Here is a photo from Thanksgiving on the beach.

Attachment 52391
Love it! I always like the heavier color on the bottom. That is just like our Boardwalk color. But ours is the beige color. with the darker on the bottom.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
Let's get away from these personal attacks of referring to other members as 'Thread Crashers" or "Busting In". iRV2 is inclusive, not exclusive. As John stated, all members are welcome to post in any forum as long as the posts conform to our rules. One does not need to own the RV brand under discussion or any RV at all to post their thoughts, ideas or opinions. It's the nature of forums. Members are free to disagree, debate or rebut posts of others, again within our rules. Baiting, trolling, flaming etc. are not permitted and those types of posts should be reported for iRV2's staff to handle.
I guess my thought is that on a Thor site you should be able to air your issues. I own a 33.2 palazzo and have had my issues. They fixed mine to my satisfaction. That being said I never run my slide out without wondering about it.

For those that own the smaller slides it easy to say that Thor stands behind their products and Alls well. But u don't think about this every time you send your slide out and hear that little pop or cracking.

Now if I had the problems that some have had I'd be all over every forum I could find stating my case. I figure Thor for sure is reading what is being said here.

As for standing up for Thor I figure they are big boys. They don't need any help. They tell you during their tour that they have millions in the bank and are debt free.

I personally think that Thor should step up to the plate and recall every large slide that hasn't been updated and fix them right.

All the above being said I enjoy my Thor and probably buy another. I go with the small slide next time.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #55

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post

I guess my thought is that on a Thor site you should be able to air your issues. I own a 33.2 palazzo and have had my issues. They fixed mine to my satisfaction. That being said I never run my slide out without wondering about it.

For those that own the smaller slides it easy to say that Thor stands behind their products and Alls well. But u don't think about this every time you send your slide out and hear that little pop or cracking.

Now if I had the problems that some have had I'd be all over every forum I could find stating my case. I figure Thor for sure is reading what is being said here.

As for standing up for Thor I figure they are big boys. They don't need any help. They tell you during their tour that they have millions in the bank and are debt free.

I personally think that Thor should step up to the plate and recall every large slide that hasn't been updated and fix them right.

All the above being said I enjoy my Thor and probably buy another. I go with the small slide next time.

Russell
I guess that some, like me, are rather envious. I wanted nothing more than to be satisfied with the rather substantial purchase that we have made. My wife and I are at the point that we are very nervous every time that we try to extend or retract our slide.

2014 Allegro 36LA
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanstaafl View Post
I guess that some, like me, are rather envious. I wanted nothing more than to be satisfied with the rather substantial purchase that we have made. My wife and I are at the point that we are very nervous every time that we try to extend or retract our slide.
Yep I resemble your statement. It should not be that way. Thor is better than that & should step up.

I haven't been near my coach for a couple month. But we got our fall work done & all equip repaired & put away. Get the holidays behind us and will be getting it out & heading out west again.
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor