RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:54 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
What is happening with your leak issue? Are they (CW and Thor) not responding to you?
Thor is sending a tech to repair it. I am waiting. Hopefully this week. They cannot give me a firm date. I have asked for a firm date several times. As far as the Camping World that is the closest Palazzo dealer to us goes, I don't trust them no further than I could throw them.
Road Master base plates
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2014, 07:21 AM   #86

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
Thor is sending a tech to repair it. I am waiting. Hopefully this week. They cannot give me a firm date. I have asked for a firm date several times. As far as the Camping World that is the closest Palazzo dealer to us goes, I don't trust them no further than I could throw them.
Yeap, I had two unpleasant experiences with two different CWs and now I know better. Bought my Thor Hurricane from them and I took issue with what I now consider to be questionable selling tactics, in my opinion. The second was a warranty repair on said unit. They dislodged the countertop from the wall to the point where it was three inches higher on one side then on the other. They didn't even bother to attach it back on. They also left a 6" round gash and several dents in the base kitchen cabinets while replacing a baseboard. They said it came in like that. It was a nightmare. Luckily, I had taken photos inside the unit that morning and showed them. What a mess. I called the dealer I was buying my Palazzo from and he told me to just bring it over and he'd take care of it. I promptly left with the damage in place.

The Hurricane was brand new, btw. They told me it was probably like that when I bought it. I was flabbergasted at their attempt to excuse away the damage they had done. I currently store my Palazzo at a storage place right next door to the CW that did the damage and no matter how badly I might help with something, I wouldn't trust them with a toothpick.
Gingerela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:24 AM   #87

Wow, I'm sorry to hear of all your issues with such a nice motorhome, it sounds like your going to have to get some legal advice on this. I just don't understand why any company would not have a better grip on what they are building. When I looked at over 65 motor homes new and used and I could not find one that I felt would hold up to what I wanted to do, I ended up converting a school bus, this baby is all steel, no leaks, no soft floors, go anywhere, of course theres more down sides. When I start to slow down ill look at a newmar for a replacement
good luck to you
gbstewart
gbstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:44 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbstewart View Post
Wow, I'm sorry to hear of all your issues with such a nice motorhome, it sounds like your going to have to get some legal advice on this. I just don't understand why any company would not have a better grip on what they are building. When I looked at over 65 motor homes new and used and I could not find one that I felt would hold up to what I wanted to do, I ended up converting a school bus, this baby is all steel, no leaks, no soft floors, go anywhere, of course theres more down sides. When I start to slow down ill look at a newmar for a replacement
good luck to you
gbstewart
Stewart, thanks! the legal advice I have gotten is this... "Don't try to fight the RV industry. They have more lawyers, more time and more money than you. If you want to spend more money and have something drag out for several years without getting anything done then hire a lawyer. That is, if you can find one who will be willing to represent you."
Road Master base plates
Old 04-15-2014, 07:49 AM   #89

100% true Blues--just have to fight with our feet--just don't buy there next time. Really sad that it has to be that way!!

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:03 PM   #90

Mold

And then there is Mold.

Road Master base plates
Old 04-15-2014, 08:07 PM   #91

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
And then there is Mold.

Wow, that's crazy! That tech better get here quickly!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:14 PM   #92

Quote:
Wow, that's crazy! That tech better get here quickly!
Oh, he was here today. I think his jaw dropped about as far as mine did when we discovered the mold. 3 weeks ago when I looked at it there was no mold. But it has been warm and humid here for about the past week. Perfect conditions for mold to grow in a dark wet spot. This is so awesome! I have a brand new MH with mold already. Can it get any better?

When he started to explain what and how the wall would need to be replaced I got sick to my stomach. I really don't want to got through all that. I guess when the family and I start having respiratory issues after staying in the Palazzo for a while I will break down and let Thor tear up half of the front of the left hand side of this Palazzo to fix the mold problem.
Road Master base plates
Old 04-15-2014, 08:18 PM   #93

Thor Owners Club
So what must be done to fix it? Was he able to complete it today?
Old 04-15-2014, 08:34 PM   #94

Quote:
So what must be done to fix it? Was he able to complete it today?

Nope, all he was going to do today was seal the top where we have a pretty good idea where the water is coming in. However, it never stopped raining. He will be back in the morning.

To replace the interior wall will require removing the entire window, over head bunk, front A pillar plastic where it meets the windshield and the bunk bed mechanicals. The wall is laminated to the aluminum structure. So, a re lamination and everything has to be done.

This would definitely have to be done in Elkhart. They use different sized clamps to secure the wall to the underlying structure. I am not a happy camper right now.
Road Master base plates
Old 04-15-2014, 08:42 PM   #95

Well---All I can say Blues is--Sorry !!for sure u don't deserve these headaches !'

Russell
Old 04-15-2014, 08:49 PM   #96

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Nope, all he was going to do today was seal the top where we have a pretty good idea where the water is coming in. However, it never stopped raining. He will be back in the morning.

To replace the interior wall will require removing the entire window, over head bunk, front A pillar plastic where it meets the windshield and the bunk bed mechanicals. The wall is laminated to the aluminum structure. So, a re lamination and everything has to be done.

This would definitely have to be done in Elkhart. They use different sized clamps to secure the wall to the underlying structure. I am not a happy camper right now.

So I'm thinking the tech has to take it back to Elkhart or will you be doing that? I'll be there the week of May 5th. I can check in on it for you.

So very sorry this is happening to you. Of all possible things, now this. Definitely can't mess around with mold.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:48 AM   #97

Quote:
So I'm thinking the tech has to take it back to Elkhart or will you be doing that? I'll be there the week of May 5th. I can check in on it for you.

So very sorry this is happening to you. Of all possible things, now this. Definitely can't mess around with mold.
I don't know what I am going to do. The problem is not the mold we can see. The problem is the mold we cant see. This just isn't right on a brand new motor home.
Road Master base plates
Old 04-16-2014, 06:27 AM   #98

So how does the tech get down to your place. Is it Thor's plan for him to take it back to Elkhart.

You know Blues I'm setting here and trying to think what I'd do in this situation?? Damn I don't even have a clue!!

It not hard to see how this happened with the lack of quality control but with everything that's gone on with you one would of for sure thought they could of got this one right!!!!

Again really sorry !!

Russell

Tags
thor