Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #15

iRV2 No Limits Club
You expected perfection just because it was new?

Foolish person, not in this lifetime, not with any brand.

RV quality is like auto quality was 45years ago. Buy a unit, use it for 30 days and then take it back to the dealer with a list of repairs needed.

Sad? yes. Frustrating? Certainly.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We all make mistakes

Yes we do.
I think you are not an idiot.
Buyers remorse is a real thing, and is not to be taken lightly.
It is a normal reaction after we make a significant decision and it can cause us to make some very irrational decisions that seem very sane. So please try to settle down for a little while. You probably have some legitimate complaints, but causing yourself, and your family a lot of anxiety will only create another problem. I would suggest doing as the other post suggested and write a list of things, and schedule a visit to the dealer. If there are some repairs that need to be done before you can operate the unit return it, get a definite repair date and time. Contacting the manufacturer might be a little premature, since the dealer needs at least a chance to come through for you and make the unit right.
Try to remember all the reasons you had for buying the unit. Then take a moment to remember some of the past experiences you have had, and envision how this unit can make your experiences just a lot more FUN. In the end, I believe we mostly buy the opportunity to have fun with family and friends, and not an RV. Since time is more of the essence with each passing day in our pursuit of fun, try not to waste to much time believing that you are an idiot and infringing on other peoples fun.
monkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkiewicz View Post
Yes we do.
I think you are not an idiot.
Buyers remorse is a real thing, and is not to be taken lightly.
It is a normal reaction after we make a significant decision and it can cause us to make some very irrational decisions that seem very sane. So please try to settle down for a little while. You probably have some legitimate complaints, but causing yourself, and your family a lot of anxiety will only create another problem. I would suggest doing as the other post suggested and write a list of things, and schedule a visit to the dealer. If there are some repairs that need to be done before you can operate the unit return it, get a definite repair date and time. Contacting the manufacturer might be a little premature, since the dealer needs at least a chance to come through for you and make the unit right.
Try to remember all the reasons you had for buying the unit. Then take a moment to remember some of the past experiences you have had, and envision how this unit can make your experiences just a lot more FUN. In the end, I believe we mostly buy the opportunity to have fun with family and friends, and not an RV. Since time is more of the essence with each passing day in our pursuit of fun, try not to waste to much time believing that you are an idiot and infringing on other peoples fun.
No buyers remorse here. In fact, just yesterday I purchased a brand new toad, 2014 Jeep Wrangler to pull behind the Palazzo. Don't misunderstand, they will make the unit right. I have already presented the dealer with a list of issues. The Palazzo was in the shop for a week already. I have only owned this going into my third week. I brought the slide out issues to the dealer and Thor. There was already metal shavings coming off the slideout gears. Their response to me was "that is normal". Tell me now if this is "normal"? Oh, I have no anxiety at all. Yes, last weekend we too the Palazzo out for the first camping trip. As We didn't have any hot water I was trying very hard to remember all the reasons why I purchased it.
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:33 PM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
just read your punch list of things that need to be fixed.
Is there excessive vibration when underway?
Many of the items seem to be related to vibration.
Also if the suspension has issues it could result in many of the same items you are reporting.
monkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
This is what I have post in another thread it seems the factory recognizes their slide problem, other issues should also be discussed with factory for coach structural problems also.
We can not solve these type of problems and the people that can should be addressed.
You liked the coach to purchase it so something is right in that part, its the factory responsibility now to make it right so you can enjoy the coach.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #20

Straight from WIKIpedia.....

Like several other firms in the industry, Thor offers employee incentives based on productivity, with reductions in bonuses based on warranty work. Thor encourages employees to be actively involved in community programs and Thor executives serve on the boards of numerous civic organizations.

This all makes perfect sense now.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #21

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I suggest that you build a rapport with the factory. Your coach needs to go back to the factory to have all these repairs done. It sounds to me with the list you have that some these repairs are going to be too much for the dealer to be able to accomplish. Then you will end up in the back and forth cycle with no accomplishment.
If you push for it Thor will come pick up your coach and bring it to the factory.
Be aggressive and proactive in this or you will end up missing out on many days of camping.
You are right nobody should have to put up with this kind of workmanship.
Good luck and I wish you the best results
Rusty1233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
Straight from WIKIpedia..... Like several other firms in the industry, Thor offers employee incentives based on productivity, with reductions in bonuses based on warranty work. Thor encourages employees to be actively involved in community programs and Thor executives serve on the boards of numerous civic organizations. This all makes perfect sense now.
Looks like 750 mile for you to get to Elkhart. I understand your frustration. It will be well worth your time to get it to the factory. They will fix it. My guess is you will never get a new coach. And not sure why you would want one. It's likely to have issues to. Lots of ways to get the coach to Indiana. Good luck
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:28 AM   #23

Quote:
No buyers remorse here. In fact, just yesterday I purchased a brand new toad, 2014 Jeep Wrangler to pull behind the Palazzo. Don't misunderstand, they will make the unit right. I have already presented the dealer with a list of issues. The Palazzo was in the shop for a week already. I have only owned this going into my third week. I brought the slide out issues to the dealer and Thor. There was already metal shavings coming off the slideout gears. Their response to me was "that is normal". Tell me now if this is "normal"? Oh, I have no anxiety at all. Yes, last weekend we too the Palazzo out for the first camping trip. As We didn't have any hot water I was trying very hard to remember all the reasons why I purchased it.
You purchased a new Jeep...did you use the Freightliner Chassis Owners Club discount program?
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #24

Texas Boomers Club
Yup! We've had that one! Just got ours back from second go round with the big slide. This time the front started to go out....but the back didn't. Also the window leak that took out my laptop in August was back. Hope all is well now as we will be headed south after Turkey Day!
Batten54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:30 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batten54 View Post
Yup! We've had that one! Just got ours back from second go round with the big slide. This time the front started to go out....but the back didn't. Also the window leak that took out my laptop in August was back. Hope all is well now as we will be headed south after Turkey Day!
It's definitely not comforting to know more people are coming out of the wood works with these slide problems. Unfortunately mine still has the 30 day tags on it and it has been in our possession only about 1 week.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #26

Interesting that the stats on this tread are blanked out. Yes, still have huge issues. This will not go away anytime soon.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #27

Quote:
Interesting that the stats on this tread are blanked out. Yes, still have huge issues. This will not go away anytime soon.
What stats are you talking about being blocked out?
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
What stats are you talking about being blocked out?
Okay, I figured it out, there was another post I made that was similar to this one. That one had the views and posts marked with a - -. I figured it out.

Tags
thor