Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:39 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC Bill View Post
I just found a problem, the front cap clip on the drivers side is separating. The caulked seam on the roof has a gap. Thor told me to take to a factory approved dealer nearby for repairs. I have plans for Thanksgiving week, will take when I get back and fill you all in.
Bill,

What ever happened with these problems? Has this been fixed? I'd be very interested in sharing stories.
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2013, 07:14 AM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post

It's definitely not comforting to know more people are coming out of the wood works with these slide problems. Unfortunately mine still has the 30 day tags on it and it has been in our possession only about 1 week.
It's more than just the Palazzo's that are having slide issues. Our 2014 Hurricane has had multiple problems with the slide, jacks, exterior basement doors, electrical outlets, etc. My wife and I no longer trust this RV, and are trading it in next week on a Tiffin. No more Thor's for us.
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
[QUOTE="tanstaafl;1851426"] It's more than just the Palazzo's that are having slide issues. Our 2014 Hurricane has had multiple problems with the slide, jacks, exterior basement doors, electrical outlets, etc. My wife and I no longer trust this RV, and are trading it in next week on a Tiffin. No more Thor's for us.[/QUOTE

Which model Tiffin?
Good luck and let us know how it works out.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
2014 Allegro 36LA.

It would have been a whole lot cheaper for us if the Hurricane had been more reliable.
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #33

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We purchased a 2014 Palazzo 33.3 this past summer and immediately started a list of items that needed to be fixed, replaced or addressed. Our list was about 30+ items. At fist Thor was VERY responsive and kept saying "no problem", but then as soon as we took it in for the warranty work everyone seemed to forget our discussions. Fortunately, we took photos of EVERYTHING and sent them to Thor AND Camping World. Then it was DAILY phone calls to THOR to find out why they weren't approving the work that earlier they said was "no problem". I finally stopped calling our representative and went to her boss and then his boss. Then when I still wasn't getting a response, I got the GM of the Camping World get involved. FINALLY, they approved all the warranty work. However, our troubles didn't stop there. We went to Camping World this past week to pick it up - as they called US and told us everything was done - only to find out that only about 1/3 of the items were finished. AND, we actually found another 3-4 things that they "fixed" that needed additional work. We love this layout and so we want it to be right. Fortunately, we purchased a 7-year bumper to bumper warranty (which we never do) so we are resigned to the fact that we will probably take full advantage of this.... However, I agree that it is depressing to see such poor quality being pumped out of the factories. No one seems to care anymore - it's just a job and they don't take pride in their work. This is our third new RV and it doesn't seem to make a difference how much money you spend.
MKeilbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #34

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKeilbach View Post
We purchased a 2014 Palazzo 33.3 this past summer and immediately started a list of items that needed to be fixed, replaced or addressed. Our list was about 30+ items. At fist Thor was VERY responsive and kept saying "no problem", but then as soon as we took it in for the warranty work everyone seemed to forget our discussions. Fortunately, we took photos of EVERYTHING and sent them to Thor AND Camping World. Then it was DAILY phone calls to THOR to find out why they weren't approving the work that earlier they said was "no problem". I finally stopped calling our representative and went to her boss and then his boss. Then when I still wasn't getting a response, I got the GM of the Camping World get involved. FINALLY, they approved all the warranty work. However, our troubles didn't stop there. We went to Camping World this past week to pick it up - as they called US and told us everything was done - only to find out that only about 1/3 of the items were finished. AND, we actually found another 3-4 things that they "fixed" that needed additional work. We love this layout and so we want it to be right. Fortunately, we purchased a 7-year bumper to bumper warranty (which we never do) so we are resigned to the fact that we will probably take full advantage of this.... However, I agree that it is depressing to see such poor quality being pumped out of the factories. No one seems to care anymore - it's just a job and they don't take pride in their work. This is our third new RV and it doesn't seem to make a difference how much money you spend.

First off welcome to the site and sorry to hear about all your issues not being resolved as of yet.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanstaafl View Post
It's more than just the Palazzo's that are having slide issues. Our 2014 Hurricane has had multiple problems with the slide, jacks, exterior basement doors, electrical outlets, etc. My wife and I no longer trust this RV, and are trading it in next week on a Tiffin. No more Thor's for us.
...and you'll have teething issues w the Tiffin too!!! Its just the industry
OutAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKeilbach View Post
OMG, I hope you get all those issues worked out. It does not give me comfort in knowing others are dealing with the same issues I am. We have had the same experience with Camping World. You have to get the GM involved. In my case I got a "District Manager" involved.

Camping World does seem to be working with us. Thor has sent reps down to look at our Palazzo and do some repairs. However, it does seem like Thor just drops a lot of these problems in Camping World's lap and does not care.

I am tired of hearing this... "you need to take it to the factory to get it repaired" mentality. Thor could not stay in business and continue to pump them out if all these things went back to the factory. Give me a break.

People on this forum will say I need to stop giving Thor a hard time and take it to the factory and it will be fixed. I have already gave them 160 some thousand reasons to get it correct. WHY should I give them anymore?
Old 12-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
OMG, I hope you get all those issues worked out. It does not give me comfort in knowing others are dealing with the same issues I am. We have had the same experience with Camping World. You have to get the GM involved. In my case I got a "District Manager" involved.

Camping World does seem to be working with us. Thor has sent reps down to look at our Palazzo and do some repairs. However, it does seem like Thor just drops a lot of these problems in Camping World's lap and does not care.

I am tired of hearing this... "you need to take it to the factory to get it repaired" mentality. Thor could not stay in business and continue to pump them out if all these things went back to the factory. Give me a break.

People on this forum will say I need to stop giving Thor a hard time and take it to the factory and it will be fixed. I have already gave them 160 some thousand reasons to get it correct. WHY should I give them anymore?
I have said it before and I will say it again, I am sorry for your troubles! It is clear that you do not want our help nor our suggests, all you want to do is complain and try to conveinced others to chime in. I love my Palazzo and I know many on the forum feel the same way and are tired of reading your Thor, Palazzo bashing. Please deal with Thor and your dealership and leave us out of it because I am running out of sympathy for your problems!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #38

jack and Karen,

If you are tired of reading about this owners issues then make the decision to stop doing so. I find it offensive that you would make the post you made chiding them for their posts.

grow up
smarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
I have said it before and I will say it again, I am sorry for your troubles! It is clear that you do not want our help nor our suggests, all you want to do is complain and try to conveinced others to chime in. I love my Palazzo and I know many on the forum feel the same way and are tired of reading your Thor, Palazzo bashing. Please deal with Thor and your dealership and leave us out of it because I am running out of sympathy for your problems!
Looks to me like you both right!!! Free speech for all. As for me. I'm enjoying the heck out of it. Keep the thread going!!!

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Looks to me like you both right!!! Free speech for all. As for me. I'm enjoying the heck out of it. Keep the thread going!!!

Russell
Russell,
I am not trying to kill the thread and I do like reading and trying to help others with their issues. I was responding to Palazzoblues comments that we who have followed and tried to respond to his problems was basically running cover for Thor. He does not care to hear about our suggestions and recommendations therefore he is wasting his and our time by continuing to complain about his Palazzo.

As for the other person telling me to "grow up" did not add anything positive to the conversation. If anything he was trying to pick a fight.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:49 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post

Russell
Russell, Thank You. I seriously doubt my problems will be heard by the masses or the greater majority of the population who buy RV's. This forum is only one way to get my thoughts out. I have said to everyone who has had no problems or minimal problems that I don't wish this on anyone. I hope they respect my comments.

It is very surprising how many are very, very supportive of Thor. Like I said before, this does give me a little comfort in knowing that maybe, just maybe there is not a larger problem with the brand. I am going to look at another Palazzo and compare. Then I will make my decision as to what to do next.

I appreciate every ones comments to me negative or positive. I hope everyone can understand my frustration. I am providing all the facts and I will speak my opinion. Sorry if I step on any toes.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Russell,
I am not trying to kill the thread and I do like reading and trying to help others with their issues. I was responding to Palazzoblues comments that we who have followed and tried to respond to his problems was basically running cover for Thor. He does not care to hear about our suggestions and recommendations therefore he is wasting his and our time by continuing to complain about his Palazzo.

As for the other person telling me to "grow up" did not add anything positive to the conversation. If anything he was trying to pick a fight.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Why are you running cover for Thor? Thor is the largest RV manufacturer in the Country, probably in the world. My little problem is not going to negatively impact Thor Industries.
Thor Industries, Inc.
NYSE: THO - Dec 20 1:51 PM ET
52.36+0.48 (0.93%)

As a stock holder in Thor, I hope this will only make them better.

Tags
thor