Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #113

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland
Has anyone tryed out the air connection in the generator compartment?
Know what the air pressure is?
Wouldn't it be whatever the gauge on the panel reads?

Regardless, it is going to vary. There is an excellent online video about setting up air connectors with a small pressure gauge so you only put air in your tires when the pressure is up. The compressor does not maintain constant pressure, it on turns only when below a certain level.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
Has anyone tryed out the air connection in the generator compartment?
Know what the air pressure is?
I have used it and it to service my tires and it works good. The max pressure is system pressure (see gages to the left of the steering wheel).
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:29 PM   #115

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
I have used it and it to service my tires and it works good. The max pressure is system pressure (see gages to the left of the steering wheel).
While that may be your max air pressure, don't expect to easily put that much psi in your tires. It will take a very long time to pump over 100+ psi into tires or anything else that can hold that much pressure.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #116

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Thanks!

OK, next question;
Is there a manual for the av "box of-many-buttons"?
Got the in-motion sat system going and all tv's work. Can not get the dvd to work.
Did not get a manual for the BOMB.
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #117

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Do you have the BOMB (box of many buttons) in the overhead cabinet (above and just to the rear of the co-pilot's seat)? If you do not have the BOMB and no wired external TV, satellite dish, etc. there may be some missing/disconnected wires associated with these installations. I know the Palazzo is prewired for some of these items but add-on's like the satellite and external antenna need to be wired into this system. Not understanding how your RV was delivered it would be difficult for me to help…Good Luck!
We had our in-motion sat system installed by the dealer. It had to be hard wired in. Power switch was placed on the wall by the inverter control box.
Pre-wired does not mean it's ready to connect.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:53 AM   #118

Quote:
We had our in-motion sat system installed by the dealer. It had to be hard wired in. Power switch was placed on the wall by the inverter control box.
Pre-wired does not mean it's ready to connect.
All of my electronic controls are located in the same cabinet, just above and to the rear of the co-pilot seat. Because my MH was delivered with everything already installed, and working and all I needed to do is connect my Direct TV box (wires already in referenced cabinet) so I am not too sure what is Thor’s definition of pre-wired?

If I want to use any of the inputs, Blue Ray, campground cable, satellite, local channels (crank up antenna) all I need to do is select the corresponding button on the BOMB, make sure the corresponding TV (I have 3 – Living, Bedroom, and outside) is set to receive this signal by selecting the TV set up and adjust accordingly.

This is not a big deal unless we have the Grandkids with us and there is some conflict as to who wants to watch what and what inputs are available, campground cable, local channels, etc.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #119

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lewis View Post
Tom, I am pleased to hear your dealer spent time with you and wife to go over a complicated DP. As you know, many just want you off the parking lot ASAP. We will appreciate your experiences with your new Palazzo. I am still thinking about one...thanks again.
Not so with this dealer. They give you 5 free nights camping and want you to return after a month just to go over the MH after you have used it for a while. Already scheduled our visit.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #120

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
All of my electronic controls are located in the same cabinet, just above and to the rear of the co-pilot seat. Because my MH was delivered with everything already installed, and working and all I needed to do is connect my Direct TV box (wires already in referenced cabinet) so I am not too sure what is Thor’s definition of pre-wired?

If I want to use any of the inputs, Blue Ray, campground cable, satellite, local channels (crank up antenna) all I need to do is select the corresponding button on the BOMB, make sure the corresponding TV (I have 3 – Living, Bedroom, and outside) is set to receive this signal by selecting the TV set up and adjust accordingly.

This is not a big deal unless we have the Grandkids with us and there is some conflict as to who wants to watch what and what inputs are available, campground cable, local channels, etc.
Our Tracvision sat was installed by the dealer also. They even removed the sat receiver from our old rv and installed on the new. Everything was hooked up when we spent the first night in the MH.
Going to go play with the DVD to get it working. May need to pull everything off the shelf to see if pluged in.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #121

I would advise everyone to personally check their valve stems and extensions to see that they are tight. I just had to call Good Sam road service to change an inside dual that lost its air due to the extension being loose and the air gradually leaked out. The tire repair man said it is not uncommon for them to leak. He also said that I should keep the 120 pounds in the tires as is on the sticker behind the driver's seat.

Our Palazzo MH was purchased in August and I have yet to go any where but two trips back to the dealer and to get a state inspection. I have less than 800 miles on it.
I have had to have the front tires balanced.

We really like the Palazzo, just disappointed with the tire issues which Freightliner /dealer should have checked before delivery.

We are thankful that I caught the flat tire before we head for our first adventure soon.

You need to do a pre-check just as if it where a semi tractor.
SteelerFan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #122

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFan22 View Post
I would advise everyone to personally check their valve stems and extensions to see that they are tight. I just had to call Good Sam road service to change an inside dual that lost its air due to the extension being loose and the air gradually leaked out. The tire repair man said it is not uncommon for them to leak. He also said that I should keep the 120 pounds in the tires as is on the sticker behind the driver's seat.

Our Palazzo MH was purchased in August and I have yet to go any where but two trips back to the dealer and to get a state inspection. I have less than 800 miles on it.

We really like the Palazzo, just disappointed with the tire issues which Freightliner /dealer should have checked before delivery.

We are thankful that I caught the flat tire before we head for our first adventure soon.

Don't even think about keeping 120 psi in your tires unless you have weighted your rig and you require that air pfessure .
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
Don't even think about keeping 120 psi in your tires unless you have weighted your rig and you require that air pfessure .
Two questions for you new Palazzo owners.

1) What tire pressures do you folks carry. I know it differs with the unit weight, but I will get a general idea from your answers.

2) Is your 33.1 Cummins 300/660 strong enough to haul you around...hills, Interstate cruise speeds (62-68 mph) etc.

Still thinking if we will use a DP enough to justify the cost. Bounder runs like a hose....no problems with it.
George Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #124

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Our Tracvision sat was installed by the dealer also. They even removed the sat receiver from our old rv and installed on the new. Everything was hooked up when we spent the first night in the MH.
Going to go play with the DVD to get it working. May need to pull everything off the shelf to see if pluged in.
DVD was not plugged in. Works like a charm!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #125

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lewis View Post
Two questions for you new Palazzo owners.

1) What tire pressures do you folks carry. I know it differs with the unit weight, but I will get a general idea from your answers.

2) Is your 33.1 Cummins 300/660 strong enough to haul you around...hills, Interstate cruise speeds (62-68 mph) etc.

Still thinking if we will use a DP enough to justify the cost. Bounder runs like a hose....no problems with it.
Teck told me to run 100 in front/110 in rear until I can get it weighted and then use the chart.

I drove the mountains of NC with no problems. I used the auto gear selection switch to change gears when needed going up long hills and the engine break coming down. Runs like a rocket on flat ground. Used cruise control on I40. It will run away with you if don't watch it (will be going a lot faster than it feels). You have no engine sound up front.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:58 AM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFan22 View Post

I just completed Camp Freightliner so I am now armed with enough knowledge to make me dangerous. That being said, Freightliner ships their chassis with max air inflation per the tire manufacturer’s recommendation because they do not know how the coach manufacturer will build the coach or how the owner will load the coach after delivery. Once it is delivered it is the expectation of Freightliner that the owner will load the coach (personal items, fuel, water, etc.) weighs the coach, make any balance adjustments and adjust the tire pressure according to the tire manufactures recommendations. Unless you are max gross you should not be running 120 psi!

Pre-check (like semi-truck drivers)? I am not a truck driver so I have no comparison however there are checklists that should be followed prior to starting and taking any trip. Unlike your car where you may only check your oil level, tire pressure, etc. every oil change it should be done more frequently with your MH. I check all fluid levels, tire pressure, etc. prior to any trip regardless of duration and I do tap my rear tires whenever I stop during the trip and if they sound the same I proceed on my way.