RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:35 AM   #85

Our Palazzo allows us to travel........... we get to travel from repair shop to repair shop! Yes, our Palazzo is in the shop again. This will be slide repair #4 and that is in addition to the latest issue which is exhaust fumes leaching into the coach. No coach is worth dying for!
Our Palazzo is defective!
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2015, 01:26 PM   #86

Don't buy a Thor!!!!
Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 02:12 PM   #87
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwin View Post
Don't buy a Thor!!!!
The thread is about Thor Reviews...would you care to offer some personal supporting information for such a generic statement?

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 06:56 AM   #88

We love both of the third we have owned
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:24 AM   #89

I love my palazzo and had to have some work done on the slide and now the overhead bunk slide is not working right, but Thor is standing behind it and will repair. The big slide works great now but I keep lubing and cleaning the tracks. Yes, I would buy one - good gas mileage, drives easy. Plenty of room.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:39 PM   #90

Winnebago Owners Club
Take a look at the new Nexus Bentley. Possibly a much better alternative .

Cheers!
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:20 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo55 View Post
My husband and I are contemplating purchasing a 2014 Thor Palazzo 36.1. We are seeking reviews from other Palazzo 36.1 owners, any information on this motor home would be helpful. Thank you!
Not sure if you reviewed this thread or not... Specifically look at the revised list on the second page.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f281/pala...rb-236596.html

I'm in the same boat so to speak, as we are researching the Palazzo 36.1. I have recently been comparing it to the Forest River Legacy 360RB. Very similar floorplan, but some very different systems. I went this past weekend to look at a FR Legacy in person, and I'm personally leaning toward the Legacy at this time.

That may change, but right now my intentions are the Legacy.

Thanks,
Mike
foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:30 AM   #92

though I do like the Legacy and has a decent amount of upgrades... I opted to go with the Palazzo because of its shorter size. It allows us to maneuver in very tight corners and places. It always amazes me how well this coach turns. Also, we love going to national parks... and a lot of them do have size requirements (this is often controversial). Having a small rig, bunks with a dp was the selling point to us, at times it feels like a big unit... but it does not drive very big.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:32 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by foretm View Post
Not sure if you reviewed this thread or not... Specifically look at the revised list on the second page.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f281/pala...rb-236596.html

I'm in the same boat so to speak, as we are researching the Palazzo 36.1. I have recently been comparing it to the Forest River Legacy 360RB. Very similar floorplan, but some very different systems. I went this past weekend to look at a FR Legacy in person, and I'm personally leaning toward the Legacy at this time.

That may change, but right now my intentions are the Legacy.

Thanks,
Mike
Forest River is a great company with great customer service. You will be very happy if you pick the Legacy.
Hindsight is always 20/20!!
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:05 AM   #94

We too thought there were way too many quality issues for the money we paid. However, the Palazzo was the only coach that fit our budget (<$150k) AND had all the features we wanted in a coach. Luckily I am a DIYer and after a couple of weeks of work I had fixed all of the issues. Once fixed they are done. You can argue all day as to whether or not I should have had to do them. Read yesterday that part of the rear cap on someones Winnebago literally flew off. Then read this was a fairly common issue. So all things in perspective. Our 2014 33.3 has had zero major issues, just minor quality stuff. The Freightliner chassis and the very complex electrical systems all work very well! No slide issues to date. Does the Palazzo have quality issues on the coach side? yes. Can you find another NEW DP coach with these features? We could not. Now that all the issues are addressed we are happy with our coach.
---------------------------
2014 Palazzo 33.3
2015 Ford Explorer
Safetysteve5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:10 AM   #95

If all coaches could be made 100% idiotproof, 100% guaranteed, 100% failproof, and 100% solid enough to never malfunction irregardless of how it is used, abused, and driven down a rough road at 60 MPH then we couldn't afford it.
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:36 AM   #96

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I agree, we have had many issues with ours but I have looked at every maker of DP and you have to go up $75k to 100k to improve on layout and quality. I have driven my DW crazy looking at new DP! I think I have most of my issues behind us and have been doing many things to modify our 36.1 to what we need and as we call her Rose, she has become my stocker.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
ferg182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:31 AM   #97

I agree with Redridge the real problem we ran into was cost, towing, storage, and length. We really didn't want the very long 36' - 37' unit. Most people don't know but the 33.x Palazzos are built on a Freightliner 28K chassis. They come with a 10,500# front axle and 17,500# rear axle. Thor "de-rated" the chassis because they used an Allison MH2100 transmission that is only rated to a GVWR or 26,000# and GCWR or 30,000#. Because it is a short DP the shipping weight is really low compared to the 36' units. This means more payload. I know that Thor had to cut some corners to keep the cost down such as not including automatic air bag deflation in the automatic leveling system. Sheet vinyl instead of tile. We seriously looked at the Legacy Bunkhouse version. However, my wife really didn't like the "manly" dark look of the Legacy she like the softer look of the Palazzo. Also she really didn't like the loss of some of the interior storage like that is in the hallway as well as the double under-bay storage. However all features aside the Legacy dealer wanted $20K more for the Legacy. We simply were not willing to spend the extra money. It is possible that we could have negotiated the price down some but $20K is a long way to drop. If I had enough disposable income I would have bought a Newel or Prevost. I don't so we have an exercise in compromises.
msturtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:54 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferg182 View Post
I agree, we have had many issues with ours but I have looked at every maker of DP and you have to go up $75k to 100k to improve on layout and quality. I have driven my DW crazy looking at new DP! I think I have most of my issues behind us and have been doing many things to modify our 36.1 to what we need and as we call her Rose, she has become my stocker.
Just curious, did you consider the Forest River Legacy 360RB when you were making your purchase? If so can you tell me what led you to choose the Palazzo over the Legacy.
foretm is offline   Reply With Quote