Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-04-2014, 06:00 PM   #43

I'll not be advertising on here for another site.

I for sure will say you are obviously not looking very hard!!

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2014, 06:09 PM   #44

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Go over to RV Net and review these posts, in particular the posts of "93Mastercraft"

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Search

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:28 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred and Bonnie View Post
Go over to RV Net and review these posts, in particular the posts of "93Mastercraft"

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Search

Fred
Thank you.
streamcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:45 PM   #46

93mastercraft is palazzoblues....
User1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:06 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LT View Post

That is true & his slide failed this week. Sad as that is. If someone didn't need more problems he gets them!!

Russell
Old 09-04-2014, 07:12 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
I'll not be advertising on here for another site.

I for sure will say you are obviously not looking very hard!!

Russell
Wow!!! Really? Not very helpful.

I have reviewed previous posts, including THOR, Winnebago and various trailers. The slide issues have been chronicled for a few years now, and seem to have peaked earlier this year. You are saying in your post that there are numerous new issues, but I haven't seen evidence of this, which is why I asked the question. If the posts happen to be new to you, but not new posts, then they shouldn't be presented as new occurrences.

Without a doubt, the slides are an emotional subject, but I wish there was less venting, and more meaningful information about failures, prevention methods, maintenance, operation, etc... other than level, lubrication and holding the switch.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:14 PM   #49

Quote:
That is true & his slide failed this week. Sad as that is. If someone didn't need more problems he gets them!!

Russell

https://www.youtube.com/user/93mastercraft
Old 09-04-2014, 07:18 PM   #50

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Palazzo Reviews

At the TDC rally in Myrtle Beach the Thor tech showed us how critical the spacing is between the slide and frame. If the gap is too large the slide does nor properly engage. If it is not done correctly at the factory, the track on the slide can be shimmed to the correct spacing to ensure proper engagement. This is the most important aspect of Schwintek slide operation.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:25 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamcamper View Post
Wow!!! Really? Not very helpful.

I have reviewed previous posts, including THOR, Winnebago and various trailers. The slide issues have been chronicled for a few years now, and seem to have peaked earlier this year. You are saying in your post that there are numerous new issues, but I haven't seen evidence of this, which is why I asked the question. If the posts happen to be new to you, but not new posts, then they shouldn't be presented as new occurrences.

Without a doubt, the slides are an emotional subject, but I wish there was less venting, and more meaningful information about failures, prevention methods, maintenance, operation, etc... other than level, lubrication and holding the switch.

What you should do stream camper is buy a palazzo with the large slide.

My guess is you will learn all you need to know in very short order.

I took my lesson on mine. I'm a slow learner but I learned and paid well for my lesson.

Russell
Old 09-04-2014, 07:34 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LT View Post
I'll tell him you said hello.
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:00 PM   #53

Palazzo Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
At the TDC rally in Myrtle Beach the Thor tech showed us how critical the spacing is between the slide and frame. If the gap is too large the slide does nor properly engage. If it is not done correctly at the factory, the track on the slide can be shimmed to the correct spacing to ensure proper engagement. This is the most important aspect of Schwintek slide operation.

Based on that --- who would do the shimming ?? I certainly agree with your statement. Is the shimming something anyone could do?

Russell
Old 09-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #54
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Exclamation Thread warning

To all,

Please avoid personal exchanges and comments about other members choices in these Forums. Many of the posts in this thread are approaching removal for Community Rules violations.

The first and foremost rule for iRV2 is "Be Nice".

Thanks to all who contribute and please consider that one person's point of view is just as valuable as anothers.

Regards,
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:27 PM   #55

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Based on that --- who would do the shimming ?? I certainly agree with your statement. Is the shimming something anyone could do?

Russell

We saw a Thor tech do it at Myrtle Beach. Not easy and not a one person job. I don't know if CW service people know how.

Perhaps more important was that he showed us what to look for.

I expect that at the TDC rally next month there will be a lot of slide checking done and perhaps an opportunity to see the shim job in action.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:28 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
We saw a Thor tech do it at Myrtle Beach. Not easy and not a one person job. I don't know if CW service people know how.

Perhaps more important was that he showed us what to look for.

I expect that at the TDC rally next month there will be a lot of slide checking done and perhaps an opportunity to see the shim job in action.

Well I don't have to worry for myself but when I met with the slide expert (my assessment ) before I traded mine thats what he was showing me on mine. But I thought you were talking about an quick or easy shim. I got the opinion from my guy it was not a one man job also. Thanks

Russell