Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-20-2016, 12:34 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Potential New Palazzo Owner

We are thinking about purchasing a new leftover 2015 Palazzo. We are asking any forum users to provide any advice they have for new RVers or advice for new Palazzo owners.

We are thinking about purchasing the Palazzo from Camping World. If you have any advice to offer regarding Camping World Sales and Service, we would appreciate from hearing from you.

Thanks in advance for your help.
dortega20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2016, 02:49 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Camping World is the largest RV dealership with lots of locations. You will hear lots of horror stories and some good ones. I see by your profile you're in Muncie, IN. Get your best deal and for service go to Thor's factory service in Wakarusa (? spelling) IN. They are a good bunch and will take good care of you.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Berlin Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 04:39 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I bought my 2015 36.1 from Camping World in Anthony Tx. I was shopping on the Camping World Website and found what I liked in Atlanta Ga. and the store in Tx paid to have it shipped across the country to Tx as part of the deal. They have been great to fix things for me under warranty and in a timely manner. No bad reports here with Camping World!

Hope this helps!
Dave
FMCA F451520 - Texas Boomers - RVM#128
Daveht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 05:24 PM   #4

I bought my Palazzo from CW in Richmond. Had a few issues getting some things done under warranty and had to call Thor to get them pushed through. I did like the sales personnel there though. I stay out of CW in Indianapolis at all costs for service.

good Luck!
swabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 11:58 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I bought my Palazzo from CW in Colorado Springs, CO. It was my second coach purchase from CW. Neither purchase was problem free but then RV's are complicated machines. There will be issues but warranty should take care of them.
Yellville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin Kid View Post
Camping World is the largest RV dealership with lots of locations. You will hear lots of horror stories and some good ones. I see by your profile you're in Muncie, IN. Get your best deal and for service go to Thor's factory service in Wakarusa (? spelling) IN. They are a good bunch and will take good care of you.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

I totally agree with your comment. Camping World's service department will make the service you receive from the IRS look like it is exceptional by way of comparison.
HappyCamper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:58 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dortega20 View Post
We are thinking about purchasing a new leftover 2015 Palazzo. We are asking any forum users to provide any advice they have for new RVers or advice for new Palazzo owners.

We are thinking about purchasing the Palazzo from Camping World. If you have any advice to offer regarding Camping World Sales and Service, we would appreciate from hearing from you.

Hi we keep our 33.1 in Anderson during the summer and have used the Thor service center for warranty service, slide repair and to replace a cracked windshield

Do your research on pricing nation wide to get your best price We purchased ours in 2013 out of California.
jwshawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dortega20 View Post

First things first, regardless of where you buy do a thorough inspection (PMI – Pre Delivery Inspection) of the coach and all of the systems from the A/C’s on the roof to the underbelly of the chassis before you sign anything. There are a number of PDI check sheets on this forum so I would do a search. If you are not comfortable or RV savvy enough to do this find a friend or contact a local RV club (listed at FMCA Motorhome Chapters, Areas ) and ask for help. RV people are extremely helpful but you may need to buy him/her lunch or a couple of beers afterwards.

I purchased 3 class A diesel motor homes from Camping World and I will echo what others have said, some are good and some are not so good. I have never had any service performed at a Camping World. If I have a problem I contact the Thor Service Center in Wakarusa, IN and I have my problem corrected at Thor.

Once you purchase I would suggest that you connect with Thor and the Thor Diesel Club. (http://www.thormotorcoach.com/motorh...ers-resources/)

You may also want to consider an extended warranty but these programs are expensive and like Camping World, some are good and some not so good. Camping World will try to sell you one, it is part of their sales model. Ask lots of questions and search this site for information on extended warranties.

Good luck with your search/purchase.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:42 AM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Check out Total Value RV in Elkhart. They will be getting my future purchase!

Bronk
bronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:02 AM   #10

bought my 15 33.2 in oakwood , ga cw. The bad thing about cw is that they will keep your coach forever if not pressed to the max, and most of the time pressing doesn't help either. they have every excuse in the book to delay getting coach back to you and fixed right. Good Luck!!!
wolfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:30 PM   #11

We bought our '15 36.1 at CW of Albuquerque NM. Worked with great people, that worked to take care of our every need! After our initial overnight and trip home (200 mi) we had a small list list of little things that needed attention. We made an appointment for 2 weeks later as we left out through Abq on our first big trip. They got us in when we were scheduled, fixed everything and a few more things we found before we left and got us on the road earlier than they said! They also went through the trouble of getting the unit we wanted for a store in Co. in just a few days. CW in Abq gets an A grade from me as does our Palazzo after the first 7000 miles. A few bugs, but far less than what a new home would have and this one is on wheels!
Troostr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:48 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troostr View Post
We bought our '15 36.1 at CW of Albuquerque NM. Worked with great people, that worked to take care of our every need! After our initial overnight and trip home (200 mi) we had a small list list of little things that needed attention. We made an appointment for 2 weeks later as we left out through Abq on our first big trip. They got us in when we were scheduled, fixed everything and a few more things we found before we left and got us on the road earlier than they said! They also went through the trouble of getting the unit we wanted for a store in Co. in just a few days. CW in Abq gets an A grade from me as does our Palazzo after the first 7000 miles. A few bugs, but far less than what a new home would have and this one is on wheels!
Welcome to the Thor Family! It is good to read a positive story about Camping World.

Please read my previous post about the joining the Thor Diesel Club. For new owners you get the first year free.

Living in New Mexico places you in the Thor Diesel Club Rocky Mountain Region. The Rocky Mt Region is planning a mini-rally in Creede, CO, 11-15 August at Mountain View at the Rivers Edge Campground www.mountainviewsrv.com

Please visit our WEB site at THOR DIESEL CLUB for more information on the TDC and our activities.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 06:24 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troostr View Post
From your signature I'm guessing that you are from the Artesia, Carlsbad, Hobbs area. I used to live in Albuquerque and worked quite a bit in SE NM while living in ABQ.

X2 on what Jack said about the Thor Diesel Club.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 03:17 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Avoid CW at all costs. I made the mistake not once, but twice. Never again. Thor, on the other hand, has been awesome. One of the best companies I have ever dealt with.
Bosty is offline   Reply With Quote