Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-21-2022, 03:21 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Rubber seals under kitchen slide

Hi all,
My Palazzo 33.2 has a large slide on the drivers side that contains the whole kitchen area. It's huge. While working on my severely rusted basement supports I looked up and noticed what appears to be 2 pieces of rubber that either touch or overlap each other when the slide is extended. When retracting I believe these 2 pieces of rubber separate and straddle something under the sink. These 2 pieces of rubber are all ripped up and need replacement. I'd like to know if they overlap each other a bit or just touch when extended. Thank you.
Rookie Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2022, 05:31 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you are talking about the channel where all the hoses, wires and drains run, it is a cloth bag on my 2018 33.2

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1798.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	212.7 KB
ID:	368966
Corc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 05:50 PM   #3

Short answer the rubber flaps were probably designed to touch the day they were installed, but quickly sag and separate.

There is a drain pipe, water hoses to the sink, and numerous power cables that go from the lower compartments up into the slide. The cables connecting the slide controller to the slide motors come through the same opening from below, but they are routed on top of the main floor right by the support rollers for the slide and do not pass into the slide itself.
These items are fixed in place, and the rubber flaps you see are to keep drafts and some critters from entering that slot to the interior of the slide. If you remove the false cabinet drawer fronts below the big drawer in the kitchen and below the stack of drawers you can see into that area.

The cloth bag Corc showed is a black nylon bag with velcro closure which covers the area above that slot. It is supposed to be laid flat keeping the drain hose and water hoses contained and not tangling, it is open and pulled back from the correct position in that picture. If you separate the velcro you can see the pipes and hoses... that bag keeps most draft and critters out and keeps the flexible water and drain pipes from getting tangled when the slide moves. If you want to look further remove the big drawer and the bottom drawer on the drawer stack for easier access.

Note: the fitting where the flexible sink drain attaches to the vertical pipe through the floor into the cabinet area is prone to loosening and failure (not Thor's best design). I regularly wrap that with duct tape to keep it stable, because when it gets loose gray water tank contents can splash out under the slide and across the floor when you make a tight right turn with a tank that is almost full!
Old 06-28-2022, 06:57 PM   #4

Broken HDMI cable to television in the large slide.

Anyone know how to route a new one. If it weren’t in the slide I think it would be a cinch.
Hawg1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 10:24 PM   #5

That is going to be very difficult... the cable goes down in the wall between the media cabinet and bath, then across under the floor and up to the opening in the floor below the big slide.

I relocated my replacement TV to the wall below the media cabinet since I removed the sleeper sofa long ago, and watch TV from the dinette and captains chairs. The alternative is a new TV with wifi if you have a wifi network, then connect it by wifi not HDMI.
Old 06-30-2022, 02:57 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Ya, that's the place. I just didn't know the seals purpose. Thanks
Rookie Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 09:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Rick View Post
Ya, that's the place. I just didn't know the seals purpose. Thanks
You're welcome. If you have more questions ask here, there are many members glad to share their experiences.

Tags
seal, seals, slide