Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-26-2014, 03:08 PM   #1

Setting things in info center

I am going slightly crazy trying to understand the info center on my Palazzo. The book says push right, but I seem to have to push up to get into set up. Then I managed to set date and time. I keep running across a line saying "compass/temperature" but don't know that I have a compass??? The chassis book hasn't helped a whole lot. Anybody know anything about a compass???
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2014, 04:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokofriend View Post
I am going slightly crazy trying to understand the info center on my Palazzo. The book says push right, but I seem to have to push up to get into set up. Then I managed to set date and time. I keep running across a line saying "compass/temperature" but don't know that I have a compass??? The chassis book hasn't helped a whole lot. Anybody know anything about a compass???
We do not have a compass or outside weather. It must be a module that was not included to hold down costs. I have thought about seeing if It could be added, but I am not sure if that is a Freightliner or a Thor thing. The DW would like to have outside temperature.
HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:16 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post

We do not have a compass or outside weather. It must be a module that was not included to hold down costs. I have thought about seeing if It could be added, but I am not sure if that is a Freightliner or a Thor thing. The DW would like to have outside temperature.
I got a temperature monitor from CW that can handle 2 remotes in addition to the main reading for inside temp. So I put one remote in the wet bay. Behave not decided whether to get a second remote and if so where to put it to read outside temp accurately.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
I got a temperature monitor from CW that can handle 2 remotes in addition to the main reading for inside temp. So I put one remote in the wet bay. Behave not decided whether to get a second remote and if so where to put it to read outside temp accurately.
I mounted a digital atomic clock over the entry door and mounted the companion remote temp sensor under the front hood, cable-tying it to a cable harness adjacent to the generator housing. Other than when the generator is running, it should provide a reasonably accurate temperature reading when we're in camp. It also should have protection from any precipitation.

2005 Honda Pilot toad
photoguy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:05 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Good luck with that. We received a DVD on the system at Camp Freightliner which does explain it a lot better than the manual. Still confused.
I turned it over to the wife to figure out.
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
Good luck with that. We received a DVD on the system at Camp Freightliner which does explain it a lot better than the manual. Still confused.
I turned it over to the wife to figure out.
I figured it out at one time but now I would need to retrain myself to be able to help anyone.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:07 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I posted a more simplified version of how to use the display awhile back but am just on iPad right now with limited access so can't find it.

Freightliner manual starting on P. 2.5 has the diagrams that shows options. I don't see anything about a compass. Also have not seen that option on my LBCU. Maybe there is a newer version of LBCU with that option. Note also that just because it is in the manual does not mean it is available on our Palazzos. For example, transmission oil life remaining is not an option we have.

Since there are so many options I printed my simplified version and keep it next to me so I can navigate the menus while on the road. Most interesting to me is the transmission and coolant temp. When temp goes over 210 I can feel the fan kick in to bring the temp back down below 190.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:58 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
I posted a more simplified version of how to use the display awhile back but am just on iPad right now with limited access so can't find it. Freightliner manual starting on P. 2.5 has the diagrams that shows options. I don't see anything about a compass. Also have not seen that option on my LBCU. Maybe there is a newer version of LBCU with that option. Note also that just because it is in the manual does not mean it is available on our Palazzos. For example, transmission oil life remaining is not an option we have. Since there are so many options I printed my simplified version and keep it next to me so I can navigate the menus while on the road. Most interesting to me is the transmission and coolant temp. When temp goes over 210 I can feel the fan kick in to bring the temp back down below 190.
Would be interested in reading your notes. Anyway you can send them?

Tcopeland@ec.rr.com
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
Would be interested in reading your notes. Anyway you can send them? Tcopeland@ec.rr.com
The LBCU selection information starts on p. 2.5 in the Freightliner manual.
I made a quick reference guide to the primary options as follows:

LBCU DISPLAY
Generator Hours
Date & Time
Odometer
Today: Distance - Time - Fuel - Fuel Economy - Avg Speed - Idle Time

Leg: Distance - Time - Fuel - Fuel Economy - Avg Speed - Idle Time

Trip: Distance - Time - Fuel - Fuel Economy - Avg Speed - Idle Time

Road: Speed - Engine RPM - Oil Pressure - Inst Fuel Economy - Fuel Used - Engine Hours - Engine Temp - Turbo Pressure - Voltage - Cruise Speed

Transmission Temp -Gear Attained

Press down or up to select main options. Press Right to select data item. Press Left to reset values for Today, Leg, Trip. That way you can check for differences each day.

This is for the operational parameters. Setup and other options more complicated but follow similar method of up, down, left, and right for selection.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:06 AM   #10

I am now just settling for having the time and date set and finally undoing the accidental setting of the oil change to zero which made it come up all the time to warn me!! I only have a little more than 2000 miles on it!!!