Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-15-2014, 02:25 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Slides on 33.1

I have not seen any response to my question in another thread about rollers on the 33.1 slides.

There was an opinion from another person that the early 33.1s may not have had rollers installed under their slides. I had some time today so put out the slides for the first time this year and checked.

My small slide is supported only on the sides with the 4 nylon rollers associated with the motor gear tracks.

The large slide has several aluminum plates underneath the slide with associated white nylon tubular rollers that are visible when the slide seal is pushed out of the way. I did not measure so I'm guessing they are each about 6 inches long.

There is so much weight on the slide I don't see how it is posible to have built any Palazzos without those large rollers underneath. One of my aluminum plates looke like it has been slightly distorted due to all the weight on it but does not appear to be enough to affect operation.

Someone else posted to leave the slide motors running for 10 seconds after slides are all the way in or out according to Thor. I don't see how that is possible because when my slides hit the limit the motor stops.

For those who are preparing their Palazzos for travel, checking the lower and upper seals would be time well spent. Part of my lower seal was loose and fortunately took only a few minutes and a screwdriver to get it back in place.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2014, 02:34 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I heard to leave the button pressed for two seconds, not ten.

On my hurricane full wall slide, a lot of our problems occurred because not enough rollers were installed, and also not all of the installed rollers were making contact with the metal plates (additional plates were installed as spacers to ensure contact with rollers) .
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:19 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Love our Palazzo but, today is our 13th day sitting in Robertsdale, AL Camping World lot waiting for slide parts that are not available from Thor or Lippert and are not going to be available to Thor until March 24th. This system was replaced at the factory in June of 2013 and broke again our first trip out this year. It started making some noise so stopped here to have checked and completly broke while tech trying to reset. Sure has dampened this vacation, heavy thunderstorms and tornado warnings today and can't move main slide on our 33.1.
The Hortens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:21 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Forgot to say that rollers were not installed when built
Old 03-16-2014, 03:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hortens View Post
Love our Palazzo but, today is our 13th day sitting in Robertsdale, AL Camping World lot waiting for slide parts that are not available from Thor or Lippert and are not going to be available to Thor until March 24th. This system was replaced at the factory in June of 2013 and broke again our first trip out this year. It started making some noise so stopped here to have checked and completly broke while tech trying to reset. Sure has dampened this vacation, heavy thunderstorms and tornado warnings today and can't move main slide on our 33.1.
So very sorry to hear about the huge delay you are experiencing with the repair of your slide.

Curious as to :

What part(s) are needed to repair the slide at this time ?
In June '13 what did Thor replace ?
Do you know your coaches build date?
User1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:14 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Forgot to say that rollers were not installed when built
Sorry about your problem.

What is your chassis number? Mine is FD8821. I wonder if there are other earlier ones without rollers.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:03 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LT View Post
So very sorry to hear about the huge delay you are experiencing with the repair of your slide.

Curious as to :

What part(s) are needed to repair the slide at this time ?
In June '13 what did Thor replace ?
Do you know your coaches build date?

Camping World says the complete system needs replacing now and Thor did a complete system replacement last June. Built date was 5/12.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:07 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Sorry about your problem.

What is your chassis number? Mine is FD8821. I wonder if there are other earlier ones without rollers.

Where did you find the chassis number?
Old 03-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:

Where did you find the chassis number?
It is the VIN which is several places including your vehicle registration and the white label on the sidewall by the driver's seat. Freightliner needs only the last 6 of the VIN to uniquely identify the chassis.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:29 AM   #10

Make sure you call Thor yourself and let them know your coach is there to be fixed. When our coach was at a dealership for repairs they blamed all problems and delays on Thor and Thor had not even been called for authorization for work yet!!!

Don't trust the dealership repair shop to tell you the truth, call Thor and talk to them!! It is so easy for the dealership to put the blame on Thor because they think you won't find out that the problem is actually the dealership!! They take "warrenty money" for repairs that they don't even do!! And then, the repair isn't done right!!!
BEWARE!! Call Thor yourself!!!!
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:35 AM   #11

Quote:

Read my posts about dealership repairs!! Call Thor yourself!!! Dealerships blame all problems on Thor without giving Thor a chance to fix the problem!!!
Call Thor yourself!!!
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:57 AM   #12

Quote:
Camping World says the complete system needs replacing now and Thor did a complete system replacement last June. Built date was 5/12.
Our build date was 6.15.12 --
Old 03-18-2014, 12:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
It is the VIN which is several places including your vehicle registration and the white label on the sidewall by the driver's seat. Freightliner needs only the last 6 of the VIN to uniquely identify the chassis.
Also, when you contact Thor they always ask for the last 6 digits (letters/numbers) of your VIN -- they pull up all records on your coach with those last 6 digits.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:58 PM   #14

dont deal with the middlemen.... call Thor! As for parts, Elkhart is RV parts haven... they'll take care of you if you let them know your situation.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide