Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:45 PM   #1

Thumbs up Thank you to Thor technical support

I know that people usually post problems where something doesn’t work out. However I’d like to share a situation where it did work out well. Thank you to Thor technical support team. We have just taken delivery of a 2014 Thor Palazzo 33.3 on 11/1/2014 from Camping World. On Wednesday 11/12/2014 the propane furnace failed completely. It has been in the 20s so I put a 1500 watt heater in the unit to keep it warm because it is not winterized. I also sent an email to Thor asking for help. By 7:30 AM the next morning I received a call from Thor stating that they are working to get the furnace fixed. They said that they would try to overnight the parts required to fix or replace the furnace. I also notified Kyle the service manager at Camping World of Burlington Washington that the furnace had failed via email. He also started working the problem by calling Atwood. By the next day he sent two techs Scott and Mike (Not sure of their names?) down who made quick work of fixing the furnace. Scott was able to figure out the issue and tested the furnace. He also removed the rear access panel and discovered that the failure had blown off the ducting to the bathroom. He was able to remove most of the shards of the destroyed fan blade and reattach the ducting. There is a slight burning smell but they think it should dissipate. It is a good thing I didn’t drive it like it was given that things were just dangling it could have caused more damage with shards of fan blades everywhere under that compartment.

They were very professional, courteous and fast. Again thank you to Thor and Camping World for sending acting quickly to fix this critical issue.
msturtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2014, 12:33 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A BIG THANKS for posting about a positive experience with a manufacturers customer service system.
There surely are not a representative number of posts like this.

In my reading Palazzo's and Thor Motor Coach take a beating on-line...but I have to say those are some beautiful Diesel Pushers at a price point that is uncommon in the market

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:17 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Just finished a two week trip, 2700 miles.
Coach worked great except I froze the water comparent. My bad!
Left the door open for quick disconnect the next morning. Don't do that!
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:41 PM   #4

We have all done crazy stuff like that. If I wrote about all my misfortune that could be accounted to me, I would have to write a book.

We have been happy with cold weather performance. We know we are good to 20 F, and maybe colder. A small heater on desk on the dash keeps our greyhound warm. Anyone that knows Greys know if you can keep them warm your doing good.

Thanks for keeping a positive message. All coaches have issues. I was parked by a very new Dutch star a couple of weeks ago and could not use his slide after having it repaired many times. I cannot remember his other issues but they were equal in disappointment. This was his second Dutch star. They all have problems.
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
A BIG THANKS for posting about a positive experience with a manufacturers customer service system.
There surely are not a representative number of posts like this.

In my reading Palazzo's and Thor Motor Coach take a beating on-line...but I have to say those are some beautiful Diesel Pushers at a price point that is uncommon in the market

Safe travels
OK Steve and Kim,
TAMPA SHOW!!! Come on down, I am sure you could get a good deal on one and then you would have a "beautiful Diesel Pusher" too!! We have looked at other DPand I can tell you the Palazzo has a lot more bells and whistles than some other DP at the same price point.
Think about it............
Karen
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 01:00 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
HaHa...no DP for us. We need the garage for our toys and dogs(St. Bernard's)

And, don't rub it in about all the great RV shows you all have on the east coast. It's slim pickings here in the West. We're just too far from Elkhart

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).jpg
Views:	217
Size:	294.5 KB
ID:	79353

Purchased a 2014 Thor Tuscany 40EX XTE DP and have had some troubles with dealership but all experiences with THOR motor coach folks have been great help.
camato5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 03:24 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thank you to Thor technical support

Camato, looks great! Plan on coming to the TDC rally at Pine Mountain in May.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 04:35 PM   #9

Nice looking rig. Congratulations
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 04:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
HaHa...no DP for us. We need the garage for our toys and dogs(St. Bernard's)

And, don't rub it in about all the great RV shows you all have on the east coast. It's slim pickings here in the West. We're just too far from Elkhart

Safe travels
What about Quartzite in January? I hear that is a pretty good show.

St. Bernard huh? Those are great dogs, I had one when I was a kid. More slobber than mouth sometimes, but really sweet disposition.

Karen
Old 11-18-2014, 05:06 PM   #11

Congrats Camato5! That Tuscany is a beautiful coach with a really good floorplan. (Camping World had a 40EX XTE on display at the Myrtle Beach rally).
Hopefully you can make it to an upcoming rally so we can all see the new coach!
Karen
Old 11-19-2014, 06:47 AM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yours is the 2nd fan blade I know of that has "Blown up" (Mine was on an air conditioner condenser about 3 or 4 weeks ago, cost me 15 dollars to fix)

Reference that slight burning smell.. NORMAL for the first fire-up and normal for the first every season.. Yes, you should not smell it after the 3nd or so run.

Tags
thor