Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:57 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieD View Post
Same chassis as many other brands. Unfair statement.
. X2
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2015, 07:54 AM   #58

Not giving up!

Just so you all know. I'm still very excited about my purchase of the Palazzo. I did a LOT of research and I think I made the right choice. So far, even though new, I've tried the long slide out many times with no hiccups and no metal shavings (knock on wood!). I expect some things that will need fixing which is why some people like to buy a one or two year old RV because they expect the previous owner took care of the minor issues. So far, other than the anomalous transmission thing going on I have found one screw missing from a valance, the back splash in the kitchen was slightly loose and a rattle in the dinette seat. All of these can easily be fixed. I love the ride and overall I think the fit and finish is top notch. I looked at the Tiffin Breeze 32br, Fleetwood Excusion 33d, Tiffin Allegro RED, Winnebago Forza/Solei, Fleetwood Bounder, Thor Challenger 35BH and found the Palazzo on par and in many cases above the others in fit and finish. My dealer has told me they would be happy to take my coach to the local Freight Liner service center to have the transmission hooked up to their diagnostic to determine if there is anything wrong. in the mean time I'm taking a short trip this weekend. The transmission has no issues if I just leave it in "D" and don't touch the up or down arrow. I am a "glass is half full" type and I am so far a happy Palazzo owner!
sttom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:07 AM   #59

BTW, here is a picture of my RV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150809_144922_690.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	377.0 KB
ID:	103010  
sttom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 03:40 PM   #60

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sttom View Post
BTW, here is a picture of my RV.
Nice looking rig !!!! Enjoy
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 04:14 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by sttom View Post
Yes, of course I tried all those options. Like I said nothing I pressed would take it out of gear.....so I obviously have a malfunctioning trans.
If your trans will not shift out when you press "D" something is not right so I would call Freightliner 24/7 number.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:12 AM   #62

Raising Tires off the Ground

I'm not sure in which thread to ask this, so I'll try here.
Is there a consensus as to whether it's OK to raise the tires off the ground using the jacks? I know at some uneven campsites, this happens. I have seen the Cummins facility raise mine all the way up for maintenance. Is this something we should try to avoid? (I'm asking because, when the airbags subsequently reinflate, they do so with a BIG BANG!)
JamesWillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:20 AM   #63

Palazzo Awning

A couple more "nice to know" items.

The awning is designed to "auto dump" at either end when it begins to fill up during a heavy rain. I imagine most have learned this the hard way if they are standing in the wrong spot at the right time!

Both awning support arms are adjustable, in case you hadn't noticed, in several positions - from almost straight out to a much lower position (end of the awning only 8 feet above the ground).
JamesWillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:23 AM   #64

When you raise the back tires off the ground you have no brakes holding the coach from moving. Everything I have read and been told this is not good.
TK IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:30 AM   #65

Yes. the jacks can support the weight of the RV, but for safety they also brace the frame in case the hydraulics gives out. I for one use pads to keep tires in contact with the ground, especially on very unleveled sights.

I saw a parked fueling truck that lost its air brakes and started to runaway... it crushed 2 vehicles and was finally stopped by a tree...
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:32 PM   #66

understood, but if you loose your brakes, you'd be safer on your legs than if you are on your wheels - just sayin : / .... at least you wouldnt be rollin down hill in the middle of the nite, while sleepin'
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:35 PM   #67

Things you didn't know about your Palazzo thread...

My guess is that maintenance people were on level ground. I see nothing wrong there. I've done it myself. Once coach is up --jack stands should be place under for safety.

Now at a camp ground??? Would seem prudent to me to never see air under the rear wheels !! Nothing holding that coach there but the jacks. Scares me !!! I'd for sure sleep in an uphill bed before I would ever have a rear wheel off the ground!! Front wheels--they don't matter as they don't have brakes that set up anyway or a transmission holding them.

As to the air bags popping or banging --air the coach up before releasing the jacks. That should help on the banging issues.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:09 AM   #68

Dumb question, so you are saying that there are no brakes on the front wheels ? The breaks are only located on the back wheels ?
mmullane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:12 AM   #69

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmullane View Post
Dumb question, so you are saying that there are no brakes on the front wheels ? The breaks are only located on the back wheels ?

There are brakes on all wheels. The parking brake is on the rear wheels and is spring actuated.
Berlin Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:20 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmullane View Post

As Berlin says---your coach has air brakes--when parked the air locks only the rear tires--- without air the transmission in park will lock only rear wheels.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote