Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-10-2013, 05:58 AM   #211

Gracias
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2013, 06:11 AM   #212
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieD View Post
Gracias
De nada

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #213

Ok guys, I am definitely looking at a 33.1. I have been reading through your post and everybody seems (mostly) happy with their units. Lazydays still has a 2013 new. First, am I going to be happy with the Palazzo? Second, if so do I talk to them about the 2013 or have there been substantial changes making a 2014 more desirable?
HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #214

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
Ok guys, I am definitely looking at a 33.1. I have been reading through your post and everybody seems (mostly) happy with their units. Lazydays still has a 2013 new. First, am I going to be happy with the Palazzo? Second, if so do I talk to them about the 2013 or have there been substantial changes making a 2014 more desirable?
I have met two other owners of a 2013 33.1 and we are all happy with our rigs. Sure each of us have had some issues but all in all I really do like my Palazzo. As far as a 2014, it is rumored that Thor is no longer making the 33.1. Depending on how old the "new" 2013 is, you may only have a 50 gallon fresh water tank and a six gallon hot water heater. If it was built after May or June 2013, then you will have the larger fresh water tank and I believe a 10 gallon hot water tank. The only reason that I can see getting a 2014 would be the choice of exterior colors is different than what was available for the 2013.

Depending on when the 2013 was built and the Freightliner chassis was built, you may need to have a one year service done on the chassis which can be $500-600 if everything is done that is supposed to be done.

Good Luck with your choice! I think that you will love your Palazzo as much as the rest of us.

Gary
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #215

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
I'm with Gary, we love our 2013 33.1. If it's the floor plan you want, go for it. The 33.1 floor plan is going to be hard to find in the near future.
Other than the window configuration, don't know if there's a big difference between the 2013/2014 33.1. You might even get a better deal on a 2013 (at least I would push for one).
Good luck on your search and safe travels!
Tom
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #216

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
We have been happy with our 33.1 we really like the separate shower and the lack of issues with the big slide.

The only thing I have seen different about a 2014 that is of interest is a thermostically controlled fan in the inverter bay. But you could make that part of the deal. Also you may not be able to find a 2014 within a reasonable distance.

As noted you should get better pricing on a 2013.

Most important, do not depend on any dealer to do a PDI for you. Unless you are already experienced with Class A DPs make it a learning experience. I did a video of mine and have referred back to it several times. Do not expect the owners manuals to have all the answers or even to be correct.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #217

Thanks for the feed back. After I saw the post about the 33.1 being discontinued I called. They confirm it is out of production. The SE district manger is he one that told me. He also told me they were comfortable they had the slide issue on the 33.2 corrected. I still think I like he shorter slide.

The DW and I have some talking to do.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #218

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Thanks for the feed back. After I saw the post about the 33.1 being discontinued I called. They confirm it is out of production. The SE district manger is he one that told me. He also told me they were comfortable they had the slide issue on the 33.2 corrected. I still think I like he shorter slide.

The DW and I have some talking to do.
Do your talking in the coach while going through the motions of what you would do in it. Think about someone in the shower while someone else needs to go potty right now.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post

Do your talking in the coach while going through the motions of what you would do in it. Think about someone in the shower while someone else needs to go potty right now.
Well we just took your advise and found a 33.1 and a 33.2 setting side by side in Orlando. We switched and now like the 33.2 better. Still a little concerned about the long slide, but the Thor folks assure us it is fixed.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:18 AM   #220

I just went took the in-laws to Camping World here in Vegas and they ended up getting steered into the Pallazo 36.1.

I have to say, I rode through a 45 minute demo ride and was impressed with the engine/trans/engine brake combination. Also, the maneuverability for such a large coach was impressive.

The floor plan was excellent.

That slide is massive!
Billua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #221

Thor Owners Club
External Cable/Satellite connection/and short legs

Can anyone tell me it the cable connection on the outside of the coach, can be used with a portable Satellite as well as for Cable? I believe it is located in the sewer clean out cabinet.

Also has anyone experienced problems reaching the gas pedal? I have really short legs, can not sit all the way back in the seat and still bend my legs. I can reach the brake pedal, and can almost place my foot flat on it. But can only reach the gas pedal with my toes. We tried lowering the seat all the way and bringing it forward all the way, still no luck. I will be the primary driver, so am looking for ways to resolve this issue.

We had a 2000 Dodge heavy duty PU with standard transmission, which we had to replace because it caused my back problems to be more severe. We really liked the truck, but after driving it I (literally) could not walk, because of pain. So he wants to be sure the Palazzo won't cause that same problem by me driving with my toes.

Thank you,
Panda
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:36 AM   #222

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
Can anyone tell me it the cable connection on the outside of the coach, can be used with a portable Satellite as well as for Cable? I believe it is located in the sewer clean out cabinet.

Also has anyone experienced problems reaching the gas pedal? I have really short legs, can not sit all the way back in the seat and still bend my legs. I can reach the brake pedal, and can almost place my foot flat on it. But can only reach the gas pedal with my toes. We tried lowering the seat all the way and bringing it forward all the way, still no luck. I will be the primary driver, so am looking for ways to resolve this issue.

We had a 2000 Dodge heavy duty PU with standard transmission, which we had to replace because it caused my back problems to be more severe. We really liked the truck, but after driving it I (literally) could not walk, because of pain. So he wants to be sure the Palazzo won't cause that same problem by me driving with my toes.

Thank you,
Panda
The gas pedal is electronic. It may be able to be moved. That's probably a Freightliner issue.
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #223

Evergreen Owners Club
I have thought that the seat is not centered with the wheel .

when siting in chair with leg straight it is inline with the brake and to reach the gas pedal I have to keep my leg to the right side on a angle .

in car's or small truck's the seat is inline with the gas pedal and the brake is to left side so when your driving your leg is straight as you push down on the gas this is not so with my Palaazo
mike
Old 09-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #224

Quote:
Well we just took your advise and found a 33.1 and a 33.2 setting side by side in Orlando. We switched and now like the 33.2 better. Still a little concerned about the long slide, but the Thor folks assure us it is fixed.
Hi Bob,
We have the 33.2 and we really enjoy it. Having the bathroom all together is really nice, especially if you have guests in your MH. I also like being able to get to the bedroom area while my husband is in the bathroom area and vice/versa. This comes in handy if you are getting ready to go out and one is trying to shower and one is getting dressed.
We have had some slide issues, but once Thor replaced the smaller Lippert slide motor with the larger slide motor, we haven't had any problems. (knock on wood).
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor