Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:43 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
We are attending the Good Sam FRally in Louisville this weekend and we cut a deal to trade in our 2010 Thor Serrano for the Palazzo (model 33.1). It was the show model so we will travel to Greenwood IN next Friday to take delivery and plan on taking it to a campground nearby to do a shake down and learn this new coach. I will post some reviews as we get settled in to our new coach.
This is great...keep us up on your "local" camping experience. I am shopping pretty hard, but want certain colors and interiors...I gotta have something I love as it will be my last one....I will be 80 in August and "this is it"...ha ha

We live one mile from a outstanding RV park and will do the same as you if/when we buy a Palazzo.
George Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lewis View Post
This is great...keep us up on your "local" camping experience.
I will post my observations on our Palazzo and I hope you will find my opinions helpful. Thanks!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:14 AM   #45

I have been very interested in the Palazzo as a possible replacement for our class C. I have read nothing but good things so far about it.
AXG1040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:33 AM   #46

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have had a few minor issues that have all been fixed under warranty and nothing like the post above. Sounds like the dealer that sold the unit did not do much in the way of preparation before the buyer picked up the rig.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:21 AM   #47

I am disappointed to read this report and thank you for covering many areas that should not happen. Screws on the floor, sink falling out, doors falling off...NOT ACCEPTABLE under any circumstaces. Dealer should have caught some, but Thor is to blame for items not installed properly. Just no excuse for this.

I have owned two class C's (Winnebago) and my present '99 Fleetwood Bounder. (all purchased new) I did not need to take any of the three back to the dealer for "repairs"...none needed it. Was I just lucky?

Next time I am at my dealer I will look closely at the interior for these problems in the unit. Thank you for this informative writeup.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #48

I was reading in the June issue of Family Motor Coaching about Fleetwood's new Excursion 33A. It appears to be almost identical to the Palazzo. Might be an alternative to consider if you are in the market. Maybe Fleetwood has better quality control.
jrd48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzettenc View Post
I am truly sorry that I ran on and on about our new Pallazo Motorhome. The lady who responded said most all rvs have these problems and she is probably right.
What really frustrates me is that quality control on RVs has fallen below the acceptable level while prices keep going up. Thor products are probably just as good as any others. At least our coach has not left us stranded on the side of the road and she handles beautifully and looks great and has a great floor plan. All the other problems are aggravating but can be fixed. For the money it is a great coach. Happy camping everyone.
Simply put all rvs do not have these problems. My 2011 serrano also has horrendous workmanship and we will be trading it on an older tiffin phaeton. We have had seven motorhomes over the years ; three were new and never had this kind incompetence. We will take the hit on a trade and be glad to be out of it.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:17 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzettenc View Post
I am truly sorry that I ran on and on about our new Pallazo Motorhome. The lady who responded said most all rvs have these problems and she is probably right.
What really frustrates me is that quality control on RVs has fallen below the acceptable level while prices keep going up. Thor products are probably just as good as any others. At least our coach has not left us stranded on the side of the road and she handles beautifully and looks great and has a great floor plan. All the other problems are aggravating but can be fixed. For the money it is a great coach. Happy camping everyone.
I hope we can now get back to discussing the Palazzo...
Old 06-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd48 View Post
I was reading in the June issue of Family Motor Coaching about Fleetwood's new Excursion 33A. It appears to be almost identical to the Palazzo. Might be an alternative to consider if you are in the market. Maybe Fleetwood has better quality control.
We have a huge Fleetwood/Winnebago dealership two miles from our home. I go there often and saw my first Excursion 33A two moneth ago. It has a much different floor plan (which I do not like personally) but the running gear (chassis) is the same as the Palazzo. It is also has a 15K +/- lower price. I did not like the huge adjustable table and no third chair in the Excursion. It has a shorter bed (75" vs 80"). This makes a difference as I am 76" tall. No slide out in the bed room. The couch was not as comfortable in the Excursion. The Palazzo seemed to have a better quality of furniture in it. The Palazzo has smaller holding tanks, but Thor has upgraded the fresh water tank to 95 vs. 50 in newer production units. Quality control appeared to be equal, but would not know until a 1,000 mile trip and a couple of night's dry camped.

I have not driven either unit, but suspect they drive much the same with the same chassis and engine.

My problem is our Bounder rattles like a BB in a tin can, but everything works and the engine runs like a hose....I just think I need a diesel before I die...JMHO (just my humble opinion)
Old 06-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #52
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We looked a a Palazzo last weekend at Camping World in Katy, Texas. It had a lot of BLING, but you could see it was not well assembled. If I was in th the market for a small diesel coach, this is one I would pass on.

Honestly, your money would be much better spent buying a nice higher end used coach than anything Thor makes...but that is my opinion.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
I hope we can now get back to discussing the Palazzo...
I was talking about a Palazzo.
suzettenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #54

Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
We looked a a Palazzo last weekend at Camping World in Katy, Texas. It had a lot of BLING, but you could see it was not well assembled. If I was in th the market for a small diesel coach, this is one I would pass on.

Honestly, your money would be much better spent buying a nice higher end used coach than anything Thor makes...but that is my opinion.

Ken
Kent, I fully agree with you!! I say this from personal experience!
suzettenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #55

Happy RVing

I am unsubscribing from the thread...I hope everyone has a nice day and Happy RVing!
Old 07-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #56

I note the Palazzo and many other new coaches do not have external TV antennas. All are wired for satellite and park hookups. As I stop in Wal Mart and other parking places with no hookups when traveling, are my options to get a portable satellite and set it up when I part overnight?

I don't think I can get a rooftop satellite installed on a Palazzo as it would be over 13' and my barn door only opens to 13'. What are my options??

Tags
thor