Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:17 AM   #127

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
I had the exact same problem on my 2013 Thor Challenger. The front cap to body seam split for about 18 inches on each side and I could see sheared off screws in the gap. Camping World repaired it (under warranty) but it has started separating again on one side. I have a June 30 appointment at Elkhart and this is one of the issues on my list.

Therein lies the problem with Thor. Good design ,but poor execution and workmanship in order to get it "out the door" at a (relatively) low price. I would suggest looking at a used DP from a quality manufacturer as an alternative. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2014, 08:04 AM   #128

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
very funny. I know because I bought a used 6 month old thor and found out the hard way and almost got banned from this forum trying to get thor to correct bad engineering. I had to dump it , they flat out told me second owners get zip zero nada!!!!!!! It had 5 water leaks and it was falling apart. I went all the way up the chain
Did you not know when you bought it that the warranty was not transferable ???
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:51 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidki View Post
Do the new 2015 33.2 "Large Slide" have 3 rails now? Or do they still have only 2?
Just purchased a 2015 33.3, it has 3 rails.
David T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:17 AM   #130

personally, I think the 3rd rails help... but its more to it than that. The bottom and side rollers, the type of rods, the wiring routing, the tolerances that is put together as a system.... in general, its the balance and squareness of the slides that ultimately tears the slide apart. The 2 rail setup does work if the quality of assembling it is within spec...
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:55 AM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
personally, I think the 3rd rails help... but its more to it than that. The bottom and side rollers, the type of rods, the wiring routing, the tolerances that is put together as a system.... in general, its the balance and squareness of the slides that ultimately tears the slide apart. The 2 rail setup does work if the quality of assembling it is within spec...

Exactly!!!

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:07 AM   #132

Ditto
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:16 AM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by David T. View Post
Just purchased a 2015 33.3, it has 3 rails.
Hi and welcome aboard!! There is a thread with all the Palazzo Owners on IRV2 so you can see who has what coach. Also, hopefully they gave you your free 1 yr membership to the Thor Diesel Club. It is a great group of people! You can check out their website at Home There is also a section on the website for FORUMs which is another great learning tool. The website also gives contact info (and pictures) of key players at Thor in case you ever need them.
We will be having our spring rally May 3-8 in Pine Mountain, Georgia. A rally is a great place to meet other Palazzo owners and learn a little about your coach. The spring rally is usually more social based whereas the fall rally in Goshen, Indiana is more learning based.
PM me if you have any other questions,
Karen
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:22 AM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
Just sorry Thor said they will not retrofit any of the 2013's. If there is a fix out there we should ALL be given the chance! 13 was NOT a lucky number for us!
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:45 AM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
Did you not know when you bought it that the warranty was not transferable ???
On a motorhome thats a couple of months old ; get real. Its a pretty lousy company that wont stand behind a practically new mh. Also I had an extended warranty and thay flat out said they dont fix bad engineering.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:11 AM   #136

Monaco Owners Club
As a previous buyer knowing what I know now
and an actively researching buyer,
We have basically stricken ANY Thor brand off our list...
ANYONE who knows us knows of the issues and lack of response from the mfg...
(even my dental hygenist asked about it the other day in that last two times I was in, ours was in the shop!)

Just too many issues and long waits for repairs....
JohnBoyToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:15 AM   #137

Ditto on stripped screws, too small of a screw for the application and screw heads broken off. Ditto also on just generally poor & careless workmanship. I've had to vacuum the A/C duct work to remove debris & sawdust that blows out when the A/C is on. Had to replace the glued rubber strips on the entry step leading edges as they would turn under foot when stepped on. Replaced with screwed on aluminum angle. Windshield exterior rubber trim strip came off when driving home from dealer. Had to remove and reinstall the microwave because it rattled like a can of rocks. Had to add rigid tabs under the bottom where it was supported by only the mounting hinge which was damaged on original install. I'm also writing a letter to THOR but I can't finish it as I keep finding things. On the plus side, nothing really major. All electric and electronic components work well. No slide issues so far but we also hold our breathe every time we use them. Finally, ditto on the manual and other documentation . . . almost useless. 2015 THOR Palazzo 33.3 w/ 2015 Ford Explorer toad
Safetysteve5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:24 AM   #138

We had the same issue and the leak turned out to be behind the bedside nightstand on the driver side. The engine air intake conduit and the shore power cord pass thru this space and the floor was not sealed properly. Several large gaps. Got out the old "great stuff" foam and fixed the issue.
Safetysteve5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:29 AM   #139

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safetysteve5 View Post
Ditto on stripped screws, too small of a screw for the application and screw heads broken off. Ditto also on just generally poor & careless workmanship. I've had to vacuum the A/C duct work to remove debris & sawdust that blows out when the A/C is on. Had to replace the glued rubber strips on the entry step leading edges as they would turn under foot when stepped on. Replaced with screwed on aluminum angle. Windshield exterior rubber trim strip came off when driving home from dealer. Had to remove and reinstall the microwave because it rattled like a can of rocks. Had to add rigid tabs under the bottom where it was supported by only the mounting hinge which was damaged on original install. I'm also writing a letter to THOR but I can't finish it as I keep finding things. On the plus side, nothing really major. All electric and electronic components work well. No slide issues so far but we also hold our breathe every time we use them. Finally, ditto on the manual and other documentation . . . almost useless. 2015 THOR Palazzo 33.3 w/ 2015 Ford Explorer toad
Be careful putting the rubber trim strip back on around the windshield. I glued mine back twice. Should have left it alone but had the dealer pull it off and install another one and they cracked my windshield. Windshield was delivered last night to a glass place in Metarie, LA and I'll drive down next Tuesday for the install. Thor paid for it even though the dealer cracked it and I was out of warranty. That crate is 285 lbs. yikes !!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-11-13 09.22.07.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	78921  
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:16 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safetysteve5 View Post

You can save your ink on your letter writing. I did all that 2 year ago. Thor responded and were very nice and they said they planed to take care of it. Lol. Same stuff today!!My take is there will be no change.

As to the sawdust & trash in duct work. I had a air conditioner company hook a duct cleaning vac to mine. No more sawdust. It sucked it all out.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality, thor