RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #43

Mine is still ok also but only have 5200 miles.

2013 Palazzo 33.3
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
Ridinbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2014, 03:12 PM   #44

Love my coach!!!
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:41 PM   #45

Add me to the love category.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:03 PM   #46

Dw and I went to the Tamps Rv show specifically to see the Tuscany and Palazzo. Of course we looked at many others including the Forest River Georgetown. We had a 2007 Georgetown that was great, minor flaws and nothing major for 51,000 miles. After looking at the new FR units we took them off the list. Then we drove to the Tuscany factory from Iowa and went thru the factory twice, morning and afternoon. After getting home and discussing the things we thought were problems we decided to purchase a 2004 Country Coach. For much less money we got much more coach and for the large difference in price (Tuscany) I can fix any and everything. We are not sorry we did not purchase the FR or the Thor units. These continuing threads and associated problems have not changed in the least in the last 2 years. I cannot afford to purchase a potential piece of junk.
gbburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:04 PM   #47

I'm on the love my coach bandwagon... All the personal mods done to her has made her our home.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:59 PM   #48

Thor Owners Club
I don't know that I love or hate my Palazzo, truth be told. I do admit that I feel as though I am always waiting for the next shoe to drop. In my first year of ownership, I have had a number of issues that Thor has very promptly addressed when brought to their attention. While they have been great about making things right, the issues never seem to end. Compared to some, my problems don't seem major. My full wall slide sags a bit in the middle but has not failed me yet.

My one year warranty is up in a couple of weeks and I worry about what will give out next. I am currently awaiting the repair of a crack in the fiberglass wall, roll out windows that won't close properly, bubbles in the invisible bra and a broken vent stack under the washing machine that makes the entire coach smell like an open sewer. Today I discovered the bottom trim on the exterior body is detaching in several places. One more thing to add to the list of repairs before that warranty deadline.

So whether I love it or not doesn't really matter. I'm stuck with it now. Compared to some, I could have greater issues, I suppose. For me the question is whether I'd purchase it again given the choice and I don't think I would. I ended up here due to my inexperience with motorhomes and the rush to own one. You know what they say about hindsight. I'd definitely be more diligent in my research the second time around. On a postive note, at least I know what to look for now should the opportunity arise.
Gingerela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:03 PM   #49

Just think of all the knowledge you have received. Priceless!!!

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:00 PM   #50

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
its not just palazo's
our tuscany had a whole box of extra stuff
if you read this moths motorhome
they did test on a new tuscany tag and it was horrible where quality of build was concerned
lack of info for the radio/dvd coach wide was sparse
our door hinge screws had all sheared at least once and most fell out because the screw hole was to big

i can say before damon walked away i dd manage to secure a whole bunch of electrical diagrams
overall though we really like our tuscany
I know every inch of her now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Extra Screws2.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	71530  
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2016 Expedition or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:40 AM   #51

When we first considered a Class A, we looked at a Thor ACE. It was the first year they were introduced and were the rage (according to the salesman). The ACE even won the best new motor home award that someone gives out. We were impressed with the look and the handy features. Someone at Thor really gave some thought to building in a lot of nice things but after opening a few drawers and seeing the particle board sides & sawdust in them, the loose screws here & there, the plastic shower curtain which was apparently supposed to be set at an angle, the broken pet food/water tray, doors that didn't quite meet up and drawers that weren't lined up correctly, we passed.

That was in 2011. It doesn't sound like much has improved in Thor's Quality Control division which is a shame because the ACE & the Palazzo are both very nice looking coaches. I hope that those who have not experienced the problems that plague some owners don't develop issues and that you enjoy your beautiful coach for a long time.

I also hope the bigwigs at Thor reply to this thread (after all this section is sponsored by them so you'd think they'd have an interest) and can enlighten the owners and inquiring minds. Do they not realize how big iRV2 is and how many RV owners read it even though they may not be members? iRV2 isn't the only forum that has unhappy Thor owners either. I'd be suspect of any product Thor builds based on what we saw in that ACE and the problems with the Palazzo.
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:24 AM   #52

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
its not just palazo's
our tuscany had a whole box of extra stuff

I had five times what you have in that photo when I did my walk thru. Consider yourself lucky.
Gingerela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:55 PM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerela View Post
I had five times what you have in that photo when I did my walk thru. Consider yourself lucky.

Ouch!
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:58 AM   #54

it doesn't look like "pride in workmanship" is a job requirement to work on the production floor of the Thor factory. Maybe paying workers "By the coach" isn't such a good idea. As a consumer I would pay more for right than fast!! I think the RV industry is booming so they just pump them out right or wrong to get paid! Sad, and we as the RV buyer pay the ultimate price!!
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #55

Unhappy

I have had two new Montana 5th wheels, Thor product, and my brother bought a new Montana as well. The QC issues are across all Thor lines. I found so much saw dust in every nook and cranny that I thought I had termites. Finding wiring and/or plumbing diagrams is an attempt at the impossible, not available to owners. Probably because a installation technician basically does what they want to get the check in the box. Small parts here and there.
I have a Class A gasser and have been looking to move to a DP and Palazzo has been of interest. But, when I go thru a Palazzo then go thru a competitor's product the QC and cheapness comes to the surface. I believe all RV manufacturers have QC issues and overcome some of them by installing a superior component. Thor has not figured that out yet.
Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:48 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
I have had two new Montana 5th wheels, Thor product, and my brother bought a new Montana as well. The QC issues are across all Thor lines. I found so much saw dust in every nook and cranny that I thought I had termites. Finding wiring and/or plumbing diagrams is an attempt at the impossible, not available to owners. Probably because a installation technician basically does what they want to get the check in the box. Small parts here and there.
I have a Class A gasser and have been looking to move to a DP and Palazzo has been of interest. But, when I go thru a Palazzo then go thru a competitor's product the QC and cheapness comes to the surface. I believe all RV manufacturers have QC issues and overcome some of them by installing a superior component. Thor has not figured that out yet.
Sawdust an issue.... really? We had every intention of buying a 2015 Palazzo 33.2 until we saw it in person 2 weeks ago. Junk! The wife said there is no way we will trade-in our 2014 FW Storm straight across. The paint was dull, front step broke ,front entry floor popped and was loose, Floor was burnt/ bubbling in a 2' area mid ship, Bed head board was 3" lower on one end and loose.......many other issues before ever starting the engine.

Tags
quality, thor