RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-07-2014, 12:12 PM   #71

I did have a Palazzo 36.1 a 23 foot slide out 5 time to shop in 6 months, A persistent problem. Dealer offered to buy back But with a trade in for 2015 or higher price without discounts from shows, another down payment,what should I do ??? D Martin
Martinrv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2014, 12:12 PM   #72

Xtreme is awesome . They have actually come to my house. One of them live about a mile from our place. Not sure we can come by , but if we can I will let you know. We have res for the thanksgiving weekend.
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:48 PM   #73

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinrv2 View Post
I did have a Palazzo 36.1 a 23 foot slide out 5 time to shop in 6 months, A persistent problem. Dealer offered to buy back But with a trade in for 2015 or higher price without discounts from shows, another down payment,what should I do ??? D Martin
when you say they offered to buy it back.. are they offering exactly what you paid for it ?? minus taxes i'm assuming but the trade would offset towards the new purchase and be a wash on the original value. what percent off of msrp are they offering on the 2015 ??
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:53 PM   #74

Quote:

Not really understanding?? Give us some figures. ??
Are you saying they give you everything back that you paid them?? Then you start over??

Russell.
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #75

Quote:

What my dealer did was to make me a good deal on another Brand. They knew I would never own another Thor so they were quite generous with a deal on a Forest River. They sell both brands.

Next time I trade for sure it will be with them. O Did I say that dealer is Total Value RV in Elkhart. Lol

Russell
Old 10-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #76

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Not really understanding?? Give us some figures. ??
Are you saying they give you everything back that you paid them?? Then you start over??

Russell.
if that were the case take the deal.. otherwise try to trade later and get killed.
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:00 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidki View Post

Actually I think the Palazzo looks great, but I'm not willing to spend the money (the one at Lazy Daze in Fla is reduced from $208,000 to $149,000) and worry about constant repairs ... it's just not worth the hassle ... were not even talking full time.. were just talking a few weeks a year!

Dave,

That is not a reduced price, that is an about right price. It is the classic mark it up and write it down , then call it a bargain. This too is pretty standard for the industry. 30 % off list price is a pretty good place to start.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
Dave,

That is not a reduced price, that is an about right price. It is the classic mark it up and write it down , then call it a bargain. This too is pretty standard for the industry. 30 % off list price is a pretty good place to start.

The New 2015 Palazzo 33.3 we looked at had a $205K msrp $148k sales price, I figure it could be bought for $135k but it needed a lot of repairs.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:07 PM   #79

Thor quality control issues - response from the Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoSRT10 View Post
The New 2015 Palazzo 33.3 we looked at had a $205K msrp $148k sales price, I figure it could be bought for $135k but it needed a lot of repairs.

A 2015 needed a lot of repairs ??? Please explain??

Russell
Old 10-07-2014, 08:17 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
A 2015 needed a lot of repairs ??? Please explain??

Russell
I wish we took our camera but the sales person was right on our tail. New floor (looked like lacquer thinner was spilled on it. The entire lower passenger side paint was scratched (12" x 30' area, not just one long scratch) About 10 other items but we saw enough at that point.

Not that our new Fleetwood was perfect but I was able to fix everything myself except the dash AC (new compressor @ Ford dealer)
Old 10-07-2014, 11:44 PM   #81

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have over 15,000 miles on my 33.1. Never any slide problems maybe because I don't have a huge slide. Thor has been helpful with a few minor issues. My only significant problem is the CareFree slide topper that gets caught in the wind.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:05 AM   #82

Thanks for the tip on the 30% discount, I didn't realize they went so deep .. back when I was looking years ago I noticed they were always between 22 and 25%. And, you mentioned a starting point at 30% where does it go from there?

I was looking at the Thor website yesterday and noticed that they are offering an additional $5,000 off on 2014 Palazzo's so, they are clearing stock I guess.

With all the issues of what I am reading I'm going to keep looking, we live in the Nashville Tn. area and service may be an issue ... I don't have the time to drive a motorhome back to a factory to get service .... and it seems like quite a few folks that is what they finally end up having to do on some issues... I just don't want that kind of hassle...
davidki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:54 AM   #83

Thor quality control issues - response from the Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidki View Post
Thanks for the tip on the 30% discount, I didn't realize they went so deep .. back when I was looking years ago I noticed they were always between 22 and 25%. And, you mentioned a starting point at 30% where does it go from there?

I was looking at the Thor website yesterday and noticed that they are offering an additional $5,000 off on 2014 Palazzo's so, they are clearing stock I guess.

With all the issues of what I am reading I'm going to keep looking, we live in the Nashville Tn. area and service may be an issue ... I don't have the time to drive a motorhome back to a factory to get service .... and it seems like quite a few folks that is what they finally end up having to do on some issues... I just don't want that kind of hassle...

David,

I read this and several other sites before making our purchase of a 2014 33.2. I had it on order, but could have still backed out. I almost did, but did not know where else I could get the features I wanted at a price point I could afford. I am VERY glad I did not allow all the negative talk to discourage me. We now have about 12,000 miles on our Palazzo, we have owned it for a year and enjoyed every mile and minute. The fuel consumption is affordable and better than most, the floor plan is great and the view out that window is much better than I can get from a plane or a car. I sleep in my own bed every night and I know which drawer my socks are in. The dog can go with us.

We have not had any major problems and the minor ones have been taken care of by Thor. I have glued a couple of cabinets, tightened a few screws, and yes I did get out the vacuum cleaner and got the saw dust out of the furnace vents.

I knew the minute I drove my Palazzo over the curb it was going down in value. I have never purchased a vehicle that did not. I didn't buy it as an investment. I cannot explain why some folks have so many problems and others like myself seem to have none. I think there are a lot more like me, but satisfied folks don't speak up as often or as loud. As for me, I am glad I did not let all the noise discourage me. WE LOVE OUR PALAZZO and are enjoying every trip!

Go Noles! 😓😃

HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:56 AM   #84

Ditto
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality, thor