Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:32 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoSRT10 View Post
Sawdust an issue.... really? We had every intention of buying a 2015 Palazzo 33.2 until we saw it in person 2 weeks ago. Junk! The wife said there is no way we will trade-in our 2014 FW Storm straight across. The paint was dull, front step broke ,front entry floor popped and was loose, Floor was burnt/ bubbling in a 2' area mid ship, Bed head board was 3" lower on one end and loose.......many other issues before ever starting the engine.

I'm not surprised. Hard to teach old dog new tricks?? Same story different day.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2014, 07:33 PM   #58

After reading this thread now I know why Lazy Daze is trying to sell off their Palazo's at a $60,000 discount on the 33' which is the 2014 model.. Wow.

We have been reading about a variety of Class A coach's both Gas and Diesel and the number of issues that "All" manufactures have is incredible... I can't believe that these manufactures can stay in business with all the issues I've seen..

The idea of spending $150,000 and more on one of these motorhomes only to be told that my next stop is a trip back to the factory to have defects fixed is un acceptable and all I can say the MFG's have to be really happy that the Lemon Laws that cover cars will not cover motorhomes. I do not think that onec someone decides to buy one of these things that they feel it is their duty to do the QC .. if it were out of warranty it would cost you $100 per hour to have someone do it so why should the manufacturer think you should do it for free after you purchase it?

To me, there seems to be a huge QC issue with all the manufacturers and until the customers speak with their purchasing power the manufactures will just continue to deliver crap in my opinion! I sure hope you folks with all the units with the issues you have explained get help ... and soon! I can feel your frustration..

If by chance a representative from Thor is reading this thread and comment just know that you have just lost a real prospect for your motorhome... with what i have read you are not worthy of my hard earned dollar!
davidki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:20 AM   #59

The dealers are paid to go over the coach to double check the mfg. they elect to pocket the money and then complain when the customer brings it back . Then they blame the mfg for not giving authorization to fix it. What a business model. Almost $700 per unit for not doing anything.

We love our palazzo
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:31 AM   #60

Thor quality control issues - response from the Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieD View Post
The dealers are paid to go over the coach to double check the mfg. they elect to pocket the money and then complain when the customer brings it back . Then they blame the mfg for not giving authorization to fix it. What a business model. Almost $700 per unit for not doing anything.

We love our palazzo

My thought is that there should be no need for the dealers to do this if there were QC checks at Thor.

Soot getting in the coach and sawdust in the furnace runs been going on from day one!! Nothing changes.

Maybe an occasional adjustment after the drive to the dealer!!

Russell
Old 10-07-2014, 06:42 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicker2time View Post
Russell, as we all know that is the way it is at auto dealers. RV manufacturers are not in the same realm and do not have to follow the same federal laws and regulations. There is probably no legislation that would be put in place for RV manufacturers because everyone knows it's not a necessity to have or own an RV.

I agree on that.

I put 93,000 on my 2011. F-350 pickup. Never back to dealer for anything except service--I have 12,000 on my 2014 f-350. Not one issue???

I understand QC very well. I have Cat tractors. In the past when I've had warrantee issues. They come to whoever I'm working & fix it. I don't have to take it back to Minnesota at my expense ??

Maybe if enough people complain about a certain model or a given brand (company). Hopefully they will lose enough that someone at top will get the message.

Russell
Old 10-07-2014, 06:52 AM   #62

The dealers get paid for PDI which should only be a quick walk through, touch up any minor issues and a delivery to the customer. There is no way that the major issues that folks posting here should have arrived at the dealer. The dealer should not have to replace stripped screws and or do major surgery on the coach. If this is the shape they are delivered from the factory the manufacturer is the one with real quality control issues because I don't care what folks say, these units are the cost of a house in some cases and a major investment (that loose 1/2 of their value in 5 years) and if the dealer isn't hammering the factory they should be!

I'm not just talking about Thor, I've been looking at all the major manufacturers were interested in a 30 -34' coach and what I read is that once you spend the money for a coach the next trip is to the manufacturer to get fixed what they didn't do the day it was manufactured and that is just crazy! I've talked to folks that have bought Allegro's, and the stories of them sitting at the factory for 2 weeks (in the company parking lot) waiting to get the coach in for warranty repair).

Our last trip out we met a couple that purchased a 42' $400,000 Winnebago DP and they said that they have been back to the factory 2 times to get items that were missed during manufacturing corrected.... I Just wonder if the manufacture will compensate them for the $1 -2,000 in fuel he will use driving it back and the time he had to spend waiting to get it fixed.... I think not!

My patience is running out looking for a place to spend my money that will at least be right when it is delivered.... right now we have a 26' Jayco TT, have had it for 2 years and I have just had it in for the first time to fix a faulty switch.... that's' it in 2 years!

Sorry to unload here but you have to admit reading about all these issues it is no wonder the value of these things drop like a lead balloon as soon as you drive them off the lot!
Old 10-07-2014, 07:23 AM   #63

I knew of someone that paid over 2 million for a brand new Prevost. He traded it because he had issues. I am doing fine with my palazzo.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:41 AM   #64

In the early 90's we did own a 30' DP, we thought it was great sitting in the driveway .. but the problem is, every time (not just once in a while) we had to have the coach towed back from our trip... it was a disaster... that is why 3 years ago we choose a travel trailer as an alternative.... just the last 6 months I've started to consider going back to a class A thinking our first experiance with the DP was just a fluke....

Steve, what year is your palazzo? what model? who do you have service it? How many miles are on it..

Actually I think the Palazzo looks great, but I'm not willing to spend the money (the one at Lazy Daze in Fla is reduced from $208,000 to $149,000) and worry about constant repairs ... it's just not worth the hassle ... were not even talking full time.. were just talking a few weeks a year!
Old 10-07-2014, 07:44 AM   #65

Quote:
I knew of someone that paid over 2 million for a brand new Prevost. He traded it because he had issues. I am doing fine with my palazzo.

Lmao. That was Jeff Gordon. His first wife Brook got it.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:47 AM   #66

We have a little over 20,000 miles on it. We live in the Houston area. Chassis is serviced at Freightliner houston. Generator at dealer. We have. A 33.2 that was number 7 off the line. We have had some issues that have all been corrected by Thor either in Houston or at Elkhart. I cannot afford a Newell, which is the only trouble free coach .
Old 10-07-2014, 07:49 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Lmao. That was Jeff Gordon. His first wife Brook got it.

No actually it was a retired business man in Houston that ended up with a Newell
Old 10-07-2014, 09:32 AM   #68

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
We have a little over 20,000 miles on it. We live in the Houston area. Chassis is serviced at Freightliner houston. Generator at dealer. We have. A 33.2 that was number 7 off the line. We have had some issues that have all been corrected by Thor either in Houston or at Elkhart. I cannot afford a Newell, which is the only trouble free coach .
Headed to Spring, TX in a couple weeks..
I'll honk when we pass Houston.
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:43 AM   #69

Are you hoping to rayford crossing? If so, what dates.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:12 AM   #70

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Are you hoping to rayford crossing? If so, what dates.
yep.. just two nights for their chili cook off and Halloween stuff for the kids. 10/24 and 10/25. Also need a wash and wax and always have xtreme detail come out and clean us up.. come by if you are in the area.
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality, thor