Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:20 AM   #113

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
What my dealer did was to make me a good deal on another Brand. They knew I would never own another Thor so they were quite generous with a deal on a Forest River. They sell both brands.

Next time I trade for sure it will be with them. O Did I say that dealer is Total Value RV in Elkhart. Lol

Russell

Nice to hear about a fair dealer for a change!
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2014, 10:55 AM   #114
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK IV View Post
Every Thursday the shop manager at the service facility meets with the design team to discuss issues they are seeing on coaches.
This is GREAT NEWS!

The Mfgt Service Shop (across the street from the plant on CR 15 in Elkhart see: Contact Us | Thor Motor Coach #1 Brand of Motorhomes | Diesel Pushers,Class A,Class B,& Class C RV s) has gotten rave reviews from owners here on iRV2. That would be a great source of information for the design team.

The customer service/warranty claims department would only be reactive - not proactive.

And, getting feedback from the dealer network would provide less accurate information, if you could get it at all...the authorized service centers I have visited in CA and TX are not responsive - which is echo'd in many, many reports by other members here (like month plus waits for appointments ) because they work on all brands, and frankly there is a boom in the RV biz.

I have always had fantastic service from Thor's Customer Service department - even being beyond the factory warranty.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 12:52 PM   #115

The problem stems with production.

The service department is great but all these issues should never have left the factory in the first place!!!

My 2 cents

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:21 AM   #116

"The customer service/warranty claims department would only be reactive - not proactive"

I want "active"! How's that?
Anything Thor can do at this point to fix the problem that poor QC has caused to their reputation would help. Whether it be with old coaches or new coaches, we all paid our money and we would like a product that works properly. I don't think that is an unrealistic request.
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:23 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
The problem stems with production.

The service department is great but all these issues should never have left the factory in the first place!!!

My 2 cents

Russell
I'll see your 2 cents and raise you a dollar!!
Old 10-18-2014, 07:07 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
"The customer service/warranty claims department would only be reactive - not proactive"

I want "active"! How's that?
Anything Thor can do at this point to fix the problem that poor QC has caused to their reputation would help. Whether it be with old coaches or new coaches, we all paid our money and we would like a product that works properly. I don't think that is an unrealistic request.
Thor sells Tuscany 42's at the same price that Newmar sells Dutch Star 43's while matching feature for feature. So when Thor QC finds issues, Thor Finance asks why it should incur more costs to fix them. Will it help increase profits or market share? Probably not. So nothing gets done.
Jlowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:01 PM   #119
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidki View Post
Do the new 2015 33.2 "Large Slide" have 3 rails now? Or do they still have only 2?
Yes - I saw the 2015 Palazzo's, yesterday at the Pomona show - all had 3 rack slide drives.

Actually - I saw the 3 rack systems on all the Thor RV slides that were more than about 10'.

Cannot say the same for some other mfgts there - some still using the 2 rack drive on some BIG slides on DP's. Surely something I would be checking if a perspective buyer.

Safe travels
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 10-19-2014, 07:08 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Yes - I saw the 2015 Palazzo's, yesterday at the Pomona show - all had 3 rack slide drives.

Actually - I saw the 3 rack systems on all the Thor RV slides that were more than about 10'.

Cannot say the same for some other mfgts there - some still using the 2 rack drive on some BIG slides on DP's. Surely something I would be checking if a perspective buyer.

Safe travels

My thought on the manufactures still using the two rails would be because they have a design that is working!! They built it to work. Not too many post where they are having issues.

As to Thor now that a different issue. Maybe the third rail will be a good deal. I doubt it as I feel the issues are much deeper than that.

I say this because I owned a Thor Palazzo at one point. It's a little easier to understand when you have been there.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:31 AM   #121

something for future owners to be aware of ; even if its 1 week old if its used thor wants nothing to do with you!!!!!! Second owners get nothing from thor.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:41 AM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
something for future owners to be aware of ; even if its 1 week old if its used thor wants nothing to do with you!!!!!! Second owners get nothing from thor.
How do you know this? Were you trying to trade in your Phaeton and that's how you found out? What did they say?
Old 10-19-2014, 09:47 AM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post

Safe travels
Were you at the Pomona show looking to trade in your 07 Damon Outlaw? Are you thinking of buying a new Palazzo? Yes, the new Palazzo at the TDC rally in Goshen did have the 3 rail system. Are you a member of the Thor Diesel Club? If you decide to buy a new Palazzo make sure they give you your free 1 year membership. The TDC is a great group!
Let us know what you decide to buy!
Old 10-19-2014, 10:04 AM   #124

Quote:
How do you know this? Were you trying to trade in your Phaeton and that's how you found out? What did they say?
very funny. I know because I bought a used 6 month old thor and found out the hard way and almost got banned from this forum trying to get thor to correct bad engineering. I had to dump it , they flat out told me second owners get zip zero nada!!!!!!! It had 5 water leaks and it was falling apart. I went all the way up the chain
Old 10-19-2014, 10:16 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
very funny. I know because I bought a used 6 month old thor and found out the hard way and almost got banned from this forum trying to get thor to correct bad engineering. I had to dump it , they flat out told me second owners get zip zero nada!!!!!!! It had 5 water leaks and it was falling apart. I went all the way up the chain
Oh sorry, I wasn't trying to be funny. Yours is a 2011 so a used 2012 or 2013 is a possiblilty. I didn't mean to offend you.
I am sorry Thor was not very helpful to you. I know what it is like to have a Thor repair issue.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:28 AM   #126
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Were you at the Pomona show looking to trade in your 07 Damon Outlaw? Are you thinking of buying a new Palazzo? Yes, the new Palazzo at the TDC rally in Goshen did have the 3 rail system. Are you a member of the Thor Diesel Club? If you decide to buy a new Palazzo make sure they give you your free 1 year membership. The TDC is a great group!
Let us know what you decide to buy!
Loved all the "new for 2015" stuff at the Pomona show from TMC...and the other brands too - but no, don't think we will trade - for now.

The Palazzo's are BEAUTIFUL with a price point that I just don't see in any other brand. There were some that were even priced less than a new version of our Outlaw (a gas powered RV)

While no one can argue about the 2013 slide fiasco, these Palazzo's will get you a beautiful DP for a very good price...and I believe they all now have the 3 rack slide drives.

Safe travels
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV

Tags
quality, thor