Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-06-2014, 06:22 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK IV View Post
I think that the guy in the video after completing one side of the slide meant to say to finish the other side rather than the inside.
Ron,
Excellent point. I should have thought of that.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2015, 07:23 AM   #16

The intent of this "stickey" is great but the links in the link of the first post need to be updated. Several just take you to an RV supply store, not to the troubleshooting guides or manuals the link says it goes to!

The list of repair facilities is good. Hopefully the repair facilities are still good too!
bobsea43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 07:21 PM   #17

Has anybody had water leakage thru their slides. When it rains (parked and moving) with slide closed, I get a small river coming from under the dinette across to the passenger seat. I suspect the slide not closing tight enough against the gaskets (they appear fine) and with all the history of others with slide issues, I'm afraid the have a non Thor RV mechanic play with it.
HVAC Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:16 PM   #18
RV8

So sorry to hear that you are suffering from the water infiltration issue. Wish that I had better news for you. We suffered from the same issue under the same circumstances numerous times. Thor funded four large slide mechanism replacements for us, three two track replacements and one three track replacement. Despite all this work, no tech anywhere, including the factory, was able to solve this problem for us. Having said all this, I truly believe that your only hope for a solution is to take it back to the factory as soon as possible. Sadly, our rig had so many other issues that it was traded. The new rv (number 9), has had zero issues with anything in 7,000+ miles. All best luck to you.
RV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 01:58 PM   #19

A 2012 Palazzo with slide Failure

This is a sad story, but with a happy ending. We purchased a New palazzo 2014 in January of 2014. Driving our new unit off the dealers lot heading for home were two very happy campers. getting home we parked our unit on the side of the house, leveled, and extended both slides. The next morning I tried to retract the big slide with no luck, it would not come in. after calling the dealer and getting no real help we called the Factory, who had us try a lot of different options all to no avail. Being we were 35 min. away from the dealer and not having much faith in them we asked if we could use a local RV repair shop that we trust. They called them and checked on there knowledge of the slides and told us to work with them.
I'm sorry for making this so long. This September 2015 9 months out of warranty on our trip from Campbell Ca. to Michigan, on our way home we had to cut our trip short because of the noise from grinding that the large slide was making. The last 3 days we did not extend the large slide at all.
Arriving home we called the factory and told them of the problem. We were told that we were out of warranty, but to take it to the repair shop and have them check it and call them. Almaden RV in San Jose Ca. called us to say as they were checking it the large slide fell out, only being held in by the top molding, and that the factory was made aware of it. The good new is they sent a person out from the factory that did all the repairs at Almadens shop. I have nothing but praise and gratitude for Thor for standing up and owning it. They did what the should have, and with out me having to call or demand, or threaten. Thank you Thor.
Garyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 09:46 AM   #20

Did they discuss the importance in maintaining the Support Rollers?
Mean1255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 02:34 PM   #21

Mystery Slide Parts

I'm hoping that someone can help me identify these parts. On two separate occasions, I've found a bearing loose at the rear corner of the large wall slide. The first was found on the interior floor at the rear corner of the slide and my wife found the second one on the ground at the rear corner of the large wall slide. Pics are attached. The slide is working, but with lurching and jerking. I have an android inspection camera coming but I can't see anything on an initial inspection. The roller is present on the bottom side of the lower track. All help is appreciated. Does anyone know if a Thor or Schwintek rep is going to be at Quartzite? We're planning to go there following the Hot Air Balloon Festival at Havasu
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161230_200214_1483156988495.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	147983   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161230_200219_1483156988758.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	147984  

Rockcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 06:20 PM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
have a broken wire on one of the Lippert component motors for the wall slides.
Has any one found a replacement jumper cable for the motors or is the only option to replace the whole motor.

motor is fine just the jumper is messed up and needs replaced. do not want to splice. would like to replace the cable.
calvinheinly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:19 PM   #23

I just got my coach back from a shop I found should not be working on slide outs. I had the gasket replaced due to water leakage and now the slide cuts into my flooring when retracted. I looked under my slide by the dinette and saw a bracket appearing to be partially hanging there from the floor. I got under the coach by the propane tank and found a "T'" bracket ready to fall out with 2 screws barely holding it there. I went to reattach with the proper screws for wood and not sure of the purpose of this bracket, when I put back into place, I don't feel any track it would guide, also it feels like if I flush the base of the bracket to the under floor, it may push thu the vapor barrier. Anybody have knowledge of this? Thanks.
2013 Palazzo 33.3
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1491679087.189674.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	157634Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1491679109.080996.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	157635
Old 04-08-2017, 11:42 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC Bill View Post
I just got my coach back from a shop I found should not be working on slide outs. I had the gasket replaced due to water leakage and now the slide cuts into my flooring when retracted. I looked under my slide by the dinette and saw a bracket appearing to be partially hanging there from the floor. I got under the coach by the propane tank and found a "T'" bracket ready to fall out with 2 screws barely holding it there. I went to reattach with the proper screws for wood and not sure of the purpose of this bracket, when I put back into place, I don't feel any track it would guide, also it feels like if I flush the base of the bracket to the under floor, it may push thu the vapor barrier. Anybody have knowledge of this? Thanks.
2013 Palazzo 33.3
Attachment 157634Attachment 157635

After further inspection, I found there are angles welded in the outside couple feet of the channel. FYI, make sure they are centered or slide will hang up on them. Still not quite sure of what they actually are there for, other than to support weight of passengers sitting in the dinette while slide closed.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:41 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC Bill View Post
After further inspection, I found there are angles welded in the outside couple feet of the channel. FYI, make sure they are centered or slide will hang up on them. Still not quite sure of what they actually are there for, other than to support weight of passengers sitting in the dinette while slide closed.

This is to support the slides in the event of a collision or catastrophic failure.
msturtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 03:43 PM   #26

Thor Owners Club
slide out lubrication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Ron,
Excellent point. I should have thought of that.
Itoo am not sure if he meant inside or other side but he also fails to point out that there are gibs at the bottom of the rack that should be lubed inside and out, front and back. The bearing just needs one hit from outside as far as I can tell. see Picture. So why is the video not on the website under slide outs support documents/ videos?

Greasy Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 10:58 AM   #27

I was advised by Thor Technical rep to use only a Silicone based Lubricant with Teflon.
He further advised you definitely did not want to use any lubricant that contains a grease, because this will attract dirt and feed it straight into the gears when retracted.
I put my jacks down and then the slides all the way out, I then apply the Silicone/teflon spray right on all four (or six if I had 3 Traxs) I activate the slides all the way in and all the way out about 3 times (holding the button at the end of the stroke) This will also help keep your slides square to the wall.

I do this about every three months.
DaleBeaumont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:57 AM   #28

I was advised to use the dry CRC lube with PTFE. True?
Mean1255 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, thor