Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:06 PM   #15

We loved our Palazzo also

We enjoyed our 18 months and 17,000 miles with our Palazzo, we were lucky to not have the serious problems some have had. Even though the slide never stranded us, we still went to Elkhart and had the 2014 update done. The only real problem we had was the engine compartment not being sealed causing crap to be blown all inside the rear bedroom which Thor fixed along with a few small items while at the factory. Recently with all the rain we have had flooding of the pass through bin. We tried sealing it with foam and silicon caulk but haven't completely fixed it yet.

Now the reason for this post is that we will be picking up our new Newmar Dutch Star 4318 on Tuesday in Michigan.

The main reason for the switch is we need more room as we are running a small business out of the coach while we are on the road. With the large format printers and cutters for our vinyl business it left no room for us. One printer is 48" by 24" and weighs 80 pounds. It takes up the entire dining table.

I have enjoyed the information and friendship offered so freely by members of this forum and will keep checking back to see how some of you fair with your units.

Bill
OC Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2014, 04:43 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Bill View Post
We enjoyed our 18 months and 17,000 miles with our Palazzo, we were lucky to not have the serious problems some have had. Even though the slide never stranded us, we still went to Elkhart and had the 2014 update done. The only real problem we had was the engine compartment not being sealed causing crap to be blown all inside the rear bedroom which Thor fixed along with a few small items while at the factory. Recently with all the rain we have had flooding of the pass through bin. We tried sealing it with foam and silicon caulk but haven't completely fixed it yet.

Now the reason for this post is that we will be picking up our new Newmar Dutch Star 4318 on Tuesday in Michigan.

The main reason for the switch is we need more room as we are running a small business out of the coach while we are on the road. With the large format printers and cutters for our vinyl business it left no room for us. One printer is 48" by 24" and weighs 80 pounds. It takes up the entire dining table.

I have enjoyed the information and friendship offered so freely by members of this forum and will keep checking back to see how some of you fair with your units.

Bill
Bill,

Frist off congratulations on your new coach! It has been a pleasure reading your posts and getting your input to the Palazzo threads. We wish you well and we hope to hear from you again down the road!

Jack
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:15 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
Blues,

Here is a close up of the window.Attachment 60569

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
I am surprised your door does not have the frame-less window. The 2014's supposed to have frame-less windows even on the door. That might have been something they changed on the 14.5's, I don't know. However, that might be a good qiuestion to ask Thor. That's just the first 2014 I've seen with the standard window. Any one else have a standard window on a 2014 door?
Road Master base plates
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:30 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Bill View Post

Bill

Congratulations! U R in a totally different league with a tag axle. Is the one you posted going to be yours? The picture you posted is the first one that pops up on a google search. Did you consider any Tuscany's?
Road Master base plates
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:57 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post
I am surprised your door does not have the frame-less window. The 2014's supposed to have frame-less windows even on the door. That might have been something they changed on the 14.5's, I don't know. However, that might be a good qiuestion to ask Thor. That's just the first 2014 I've seen with the standard window. Any one else have a standard window on a 2014 door?

My 2014 36.1 has the same window.
TK IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:21 AM   #20

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palazzoblues View Post

My 2014 33.1 has the door window shown.
Berlin Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:51 AM   #21

Blues... lets see your window, seems like you are the only one with a frameless window.

OC Bill... congrats on the new coach, lets see some pics so we can drool on the tag axle.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:22 AM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
Blues... lets see your window, seems like you are the only one with a frameless window.

OC Bill... congrats on the new coach, lets see some pics so we can drool on the tag axle.
My 2014 Palazzo 33.2 ha frameless windows, including on the door. I took possession of it, after it had been driven from the factory to salt Lake City, in May 2013. At that time they announced these frameless windows as an important change. They are certainly attractive, but I have not tested them in the rain yet. Just last week I tested for the first time the washer and drier. I was afraid of leaks. Thankfully no leaks were seen. I also changed the small faucet in the bathroom with a better one, swan neck type, bought at Home Depot for $99 (Delta brand). Now it is much easier to wash our hands, face, and brush our teeth under a taller faucet. It was a very easy operation even for me, not particularly mechanically inclined. Slides go in and out without any problems, at least so far.
I am sorry to hear all those complaints from various people. I have to consider myself fortunate that, so far, only very minor issues have ever come up. I wonder how many people who are happy with their Palazzo, publicize this fact. It would be nice if more people that love their Palazzo came out with it, and not just people who were not lucky with their units. I believe that owners that go through many problems have the right and obligation to make them known, but at the same time, we should have more happy people come out and let everybody know why they love and trust their Palazzo.
Mauro
2014 Palazzo 33.2
2014 Jeep Cherokee.
Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:36 AM   #23

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Agree with you. We do love our Palazzo and I understand others frustrations (those with major issues). This is our 2nd RV. The first (Jayco) had big issues that I dealt with for over a year trying to get fixed. Never did.
We've had some issues with the Palazzo but all have been addressed by Thor, Freightliner and/or our dealer and resolved.
We love the coach.
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:41 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
I am sorry to hear all those complaints from various people. I have to consider myself fortunate that, so far, only very minor issues have ever come up. I wonder how many people who are happy with their Palazzo, publicize this fact. It would be nice if more people that love their Palazzo came out with it, and not just people who were not lucky with their units. I believe that owners that go through many problems have the right and obligation to make them known, but at the same time, we should have more happy people come out and let everybody know why they love and trust their Palazzo.
Mauro
2014 Palazzo 33.2
2014 Jeep Cherokee.
Mauro,

That is one of the reasons why I started this thread. We have a bunch of threads of Palazzo problems and these issues should be reported and the owners have every right to vent their frustrations. I think it is human nature to get vocal if you are unhappy but if all is good and you are rolling down the road there is little motivation to write a testimony. I hope others will share their good stories!

Jack
Old 04-14-2014, 10:46 AM   #25

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Would also be interested in your decision "not" to look at a Tuscany.
We've been looking at them. Hoping to see a few at the TDC rally.
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:54 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
Would also be interested in your decision "not" to look at a Tuscany.
We've been looking at them. Hoping to see a few at the TDC rally.
Tom,

We have been looking at the Tuscany 36MQ not because we are unhappy with our Palazzo but the extra room and added features. We spent 6 months (Sept 13 - March 14) living in our Palazzo. It would of been nice to have some extra room for my DW's crafts and a washer/dryer. If we do move to the Tuscany it will be our 3rd Thor class A.

See you in MB!

Jack
Old 04-14-2014, 12:04 PM   #27

I see I got back a little late the topic has changed. I read about the door window and could not remember what window was on my door, so I thought I would go out and check. It only took me 3 hours to do that, so much for spare time in retirement. Getting back to the window mine is frameless, on my 2014 Palazzo 36.1. Sorry to regress.

Gary & Marcie
2014 Palazzo
2013 Jeep Cherokee
Garyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:50 PM   #28

Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I think this thread is very important and I hope more people see it and decide to write on it, because I have the feeling that more people would end up in the "I am happy and I love my Palazzo" camp than in the camp of unhappiness and disappointment. But, you are right, it is easier to complain when things go wrong than to come out and publicize things that are going well.
Mauro
2014 Palazzo 33.2
2014 Jeep Cherokee
Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote