Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:05 PM   #99

Anyone run 2 AC's on the road... its seems our generator can take it. Am I right in thinking so?
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2014, 09:11 PM   #100

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
Anyone run 2 AC's on the road... its seems our generator can take it. Am I right in thinking so?
Definately will.. we run generator 4 days straight non stop during football season with both ac's while also using lights, micro and everything else you use in a day and it never skips a beat.
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:31 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
Definately will.. we run generator 4 days straight non stop during football season with both ac's while also using lights, micro and everything else you use in a day and it never skips a beat.

But don't run the vacuum cleaner!

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:45 PM   #102

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
But don't run the vacuum cleaner!

Yep.. found out the genny had a breaker switch that day..now I reserve the extra power for the blender for margaritas..
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:24 PM   #103

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
Have gone from NC to the Grand Canyon stopping at eight campgrounds along Hwy I-40 (Route 66).
Great time so far (except for the wind out west).
No problems with the rig so far.
Going to Monument Valley from here, then up to Yellowstone and beyond.
We saw a Palazzo at the CG in Tenn. but people never showed.
Say HI if you should see us.

Done the Grand Canyon (3 days), on to Monument Valley in the am.
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:05 AM   #104

Ya the central vac pulls too much extra!!
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:14 AM   #105

Don't turn on the toaster while using everything else. Be there done that on our last coach. Wasn't pretty .
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:28 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieD View Post
Don't turn on the toaster while using everything else. Be there done that on our last coach. Wasn't pretty .
As many of us have discovered there is a load limit and you can easily exceed this limit by turning on a high wattage draw appliance such as a toaster, hair dryer, etc. when you have both A/C's on. I have to remind the DW of this from time to time. Power Management
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:42 AM   #107

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Just asked my buddy what his weighs loaded. He said a little over 18,000. My palazzo not drag that anywhere. Ha
The stacker curb weight is 6700 and we will be putting about 8000 into it so the grossed up weight will be under 15,000.

But the Palazzo looks really nice.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:23 AM   #108

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Another great trip in the Palazzo. I did not go very far this time, just to Modoc COE campground on the east side of Lake Thurmond. Weather was very hot but with the shade and switching A/C from front to back I was able to keep it comfortable even with only 50 amp service.
I had recently used the CRC lube on the slide motors and rollers as instructed in the video so the slides ran quieter.
Everything in the Palazzo worked perfectly except the owner who made a few mistakes and learned a few more lessons. The sugar/crazy ants were terrible. This is the first time I've had a problem with ants in the coach so now I know to bring something to put around the outside and on the water line, etc.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:13 AM   #109

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Another great trip in the Palazzo. I did not go very far this time, just to Modoc COE campground on the east side of Lake Thurmond. Weather was very hot but with the shade and switching A/C from front to back I was able to keep it comfortable even with only 50 amp service.
I had recently used the CRC lube on the slide motors and rollers as instructed in the video so the slides ran quieter.
Everything in the Palazzo worked perfectly except the owner who made a few mistakes and learned a few more lessons. The sugar/crazy ants were terrible. This is the first time I've had a problem with ants in the coach so now I know to bring something to put around the outside and on the water line, etc.
Jerry,

In Florida we had a time with ants until we got some Terro. After a few days they were not inside the coach anymore.

Ant Killer | TERRO
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:24 AM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post

Maybe one of these as a pet?? They love ants. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1404303867.996106.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	304.6 KB
ID:	66676
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:10 PM   #111

The Miller household is very fortunate. We have now put 8,200 trouble free miles our 2014 33.2. We have not had any slide problems, our generator starts every time and we have not been locked in or out of our coach. One time our tires needed some air, but the tire monitor alerted us to the need. I checked the batteries today. One showed a little sign of corrosion and the easy flow pumped a little water into them, but not much. I believe we have found a total of five screws that went into the surplus screw department and I did vacuum some saw dust out of the vents.

There were a few cosmetic problems that Thor fixed when we were in Elkhart. The biggest problem was a small flaw on my entry door, so they gave me a new door, new window for the door and a new lock, so I got new keys. They fixed a cabinet door and some molding and they gave me a second travel bar. They made us a bigger knob for the refrigerator door lock, but I am working on what I hope will be a better solution. If it works I will post a picture. RV8 motivated me to add some shelves which improves some areas and brings me to one of the things we love best about our Palazzo. The friends we meet.

We love our Palazzo!

Happy travel all.

HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:33 PM   #112

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We Loved our Palazzo, but....

At the Thor Diesel Club Rally this past April we saw a Tuscany XTE 36MQ and loved the features it had that we didn't have on the Palazzo. The Palazzo has been a good MH for us and I have no regrets for buying it when we did.

Well I started a quest on the Tuscany and found quite a few and tried to make a deal on several of them. Two weeks ago I was scouring the Internet for the 36MQs and found one that had a very good price on it. I had seen this one before but the dealership had just dropped the price to one that I could live with. After some negotiations a net difference price was agreed upon and on the 6th we were in Nashville picking it up. I felt that we got a decent trade in value for our Palazzo. We just got home in our new Tuscany XTE and we love it!

Best of luck to my fellow Palazzo owners.

Here is our new Tuscany XTE 36MQ:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tuscany 1st Day.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	399.9 KB
ID:	70238  
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote