Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2023, 11:49 AM   #1

2015 Creekside 23RKS

Hey Folks, I have some very basic questions and would really appreciate your help. I was fortunate enough to find and buy a 2015 23RKS from an elderly private party but received no instructions. I'm stumbling through the manual (without pictures) trying to get things sorted out and go camping.

1. It appears to have (2) gray water tanks but only (1) discharge valve in the back, by the kitchen, and one one more forward. Are the gray's connected somehow? I assume I'll need "Y" connector.

2. On the display panel, inside the door, above the tank and battery level lights, is another black and red switch. What the heck are they for?

3. Wheels bearings. I just added 4 new tires but Discount Tire doesn't do or check wheel bearings. I assume I need to have this done. The previous owner, a nice lady, had no idea when they were last done. Can anyone please walk me though this? I'd really appreciate it. Joe
GringoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2023, 02:45 PM   #2

1. Typically the toilet black tank and bathroom gray tank will share one outlet with two separate dump valves near that outlet. The kitchen gray will have its own outlet and dump valve. That's how our 280KVS is.

2. Not sure. Can you post a photo? Could be water pump or water heater.

3. Lots of good YouTube videos show how to replace and lube new wheel bearings. Some tire shops will do it, too.
Old 04-26-2023, 03:13 PM   #3

Definitely get the bearings done. If it has EZ Lube bearings don't use them.
And while there lube the bolts for the springs.
Old 04-28-2023, 01:00 AM   #4

Should be a tag, either on the axles, on the sidewall, or in the owner's manual about axle size and potentially manufacturer. Then you can
more than likely find supplies through a 6 robblies dealer, google, or a reputable trailer repair facility.....or get the parts and do the repair yourself, if you're comfortable.

Do not use EZ lube!
Keodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 01:50 AM   #5

Show a pic of the switches in question....
Old 05-01-2023, 09:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GringoJoe View Post
Hey Folks, I have some very basic questions and would really appreciate your help. I was fortunate enough to find and buy a 2015 23RKS from an elderly private party but received no instructions. I'm stumbling through the manual (without pictures) trying to get things sorted out and go camping.

1. It appears to have (2) gray water tanks but only (1) discharge valve in the back, by the kitchen, and one one more forward. Are the gray's connected somehow? I assume I'll need "Y" connector.

2. On the display panel, inside the door, above the tank and battery level lights, is another black and red switch. What the heck are they for?

3. Wheels bearings. I just added 4 new tires but Discount Tire doesn't do or check wheel bearings. I assume I need to have this done. The previous owner, a nice lady, had no idea when they were last done. Can anyone please walk me though this? I'd really appreciate it. Joe
Black is the battery solar trickle charger. Red is tank heater.
karirick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 11:49 AM   #7

Why not use the ez lube system? I only used my for 9 years without any issues.
Realfunone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 06:42 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Seems a mixed bag. Some have reported the EZ Lube works well, as you report, but a lot of folks have had blown seals with grease into the brake linings. For me, I don't use the EZ Lube system because I want to inspect the wheel bearings, brake linings and suspension components by 4-posting the trailer and removing the wheels. Also gives the opportunity to rotate the tires. Cheers!...
Bigfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 09:01 AM   #9

Over filling , pumping to fast , most likely cause of seal failure. Imo
Realfunone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 03:55 PM   #10

I appreciate all the info. Apparently the prior owner used only the zerts and, apparently, it did ok. I had a shop tear into it, remove all the old grease, replace the bearing seals and repack. I just felt better starting from scratch. Good thing I suppose. They found a retainer clip missing on one of the brake pads. It wasn't cheap but I don't have a shop anymore and no place to do it my self.

Thank you, Karirick, for the info on the switches. Good to know.. trickle charger and tank heater. The more I get into this Creek Side, the more I appreciate ORV. Compared to my last 2019 Jayco 5th Wheel and a porly built FR, I see the quality of this unit.

Doing a 4-5k round trip to the NW in June-July. Hope it's a grand adventure.

Best wishes, all, and safe travels. Gringo Joe. (GringoJoeNovels.com)
GringoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 10:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realfunone View Post
Why not use the ez lube system? I only used my for 9 years without any issues.
Well, mine came from the factory, probably greased by Dexter, using the E Z lube....outer bearings almost dry, grease seals blown, grease in the brakes, all 4 wheels. I checked my bearings within 500 miles of travel.
Old 05-08-2023, 09:39 AM   #12

Yep; I won't use the EZ Lube system.

Dave
Old 05-15-2023, 09:18 AM   #13

I used the EZ Lube system for years on 2 different Lance trailers and it worked great until it didn't. It took 2 cans of brake cleaner and a roll of paper towels to clean up the mess on a wheel where the rear seal failed. And I was greasing slowly like always. The seal just gave up.

Mike
Old 06-24-2023, 02:41 PM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by litzdog911 View Post
1. Typically the toilet black tank and bathroom gray tank will share one outlet with two separate dump valves near that outlet. The kitchen gray will have its own outlet and dump valve. That's how our 280KVS is.

2. Not sure. Can you post a photo? Could be water pump or water heater.

3. Lots of good YouTube videos show how to replace and lube new wheel bearings. Some tire shops will do it, too.
There is a "Y" and two dump valves up forward. The rear one is for kitchen waste water. Mine is a 2014 but I'm sure they are similar.